Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ranjit  
#1 Posted : 15 June 2021 07:32:57(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All... What do you all do with the hard copies of Märklin Magazin, Insider Club News, catalogues, CDs, DVDs, postcards, posters, leaflets, etc. after you have read them ? Do you keep them, and put them away in magazine holders or do you dispose off the hard copies except the current ones and rely on the archived online versions ? Do they all have any value ?

By the way, is the #03/21 out already ?

Cheers,
Ranjit

Edited by user 15 June 2021 12:47:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Modelling in HO Scale - Era III & IV. K+M Track, Analogue + Digital

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
"Nothing is as powerful as an idea whose time has come" - Victor Marie Hugo
"If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ranjit
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#2 Posted : 15 June 2021 17:04:53(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
I have binders and slip cases full of both the Insider Club News and Maerklin Magazine going back about twenty years. I don’t usually hang on to the catalogs and leaflets, as they take up so much more room. I really should just scan them all and store them on CD or in the cloud... I’d have more room for trains!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan
Offline Tom Jessop  
#3 Posted : 16 June 2021 01:32:03(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

I have a collection of Railroad model craftsman dating back about 45 years & similar age of Aust Railway Historical Society History magazines & also numerous copies of different other magazines about rail . I do occasionally go back to delve to find a article of intrestI am after . We expect to move house in the next 2 years to a apartment being built on the Waterfront in the city where we are now & the question is what to dispose of . second hand bookshops are not interested as they are only after books , Historical groups already have enough back publications for future customers so it looks like the tip for most of it . There are another 3 walls of books also to take care of which we have brought when overseas . All up about 8 meters x2 meters high . decisions have to be made about what to keep & what goes in the recycling .

I would like to see "M" change their ways on their magazines so that they are available on the web using a password so that members could always have access to them at any time & include the original "M" magazine from years ago which was far better in content to what is available now days. Quite a few groups have taken advantage of this type of distribution either free or minimal cost .

Cheers Tom in Oz
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline kimballthurlow  
#4 Posted : 16 June 2021 08:52:43(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Ranjit Go to Quoted Post
Hi All... What do you all do with the hard copies of Märklin Magazin, ...
By the way, is the #03/21 out already ?

Cheers,
Ranjit

Hi Ranjit,

I used to keep my model train and railway magazines (English and US stuff as well) with a self-written index, but it became too much for the storage available in my home.
I am an Insider so get all the Marklin publications.

So now after reading I give them all away to:
1. a local model train club, or
2. my local Marklin dealer who can distribute or sell them as he wishes.

I occasionally scan an article or two to keep it if I see a future need.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline grnwtrs  
#5 Posted : 17 June 2021 01:02:30(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

I have a collection of Railroad model craftsman dating back about 45 years & similar age of Aust Railway Historical Society History magazines & also numerous copies of different other magazines about rail . I do occasionally go back to delve to find a article of intrestI am after . We expect to move house in the next 2 years to a apartment being built on the Waterfront in the city where we are now & the question is what to dispose of . second hand bookshops are not interested as they are only after books , Historical groups already have enough back publications for future customers so it looks like the tip for most of it . There are another 3 walls of books also to take care of which we have brought when overseas . All up about 8 meters x2 meters high . decisions have to be made about what to keep & what goes in the recycling .

I would like to see "M" change their ways on their magazines so that they are available on the web using a password so that members could always have access to them at any time & include the original "M" magazine from years ago which was far better in content to what is available now days. Quite a few groups have taken advantage of this type of distribution either free or minimal cost .

Cheers Tom in Oz

And.........Like a good Maerklin Fan, you have at least 1 catalog from the ? 1940's, if not from before, along with the intermittent (new items, spring items, etc literature (sp) that you have not addressed?

Maybe you will end up , during your otherwise fun retirement years? on Ebay selling off your excesses from the hobby.Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

I also worry about that fateLOL

best regards, gene
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline Ranjit  
#6 Posted : 23 June 2021 08:45:01(UTC)
Ranjit

Thank you all for your replies, Steve, Tom, Kimball and Gene...

After some thinking about conserving space and reorganization, I have decided to dispose off some of my Märklin / Faller / Vollmer / Kibri / Noch catalogues. The items are:

1. Faller - 90/91
2. Vollmer - 90/91
3. Kibri - 96/97
4. Noch - 98

5. Märklin Digital News - 2003/2004

6. Märklin / Minitrix / Trix - Summer New Items - 2020
7. Märklin Fall New Items - 2020
8. Märklin New Items 2020
9. Märklin Fall New Items - 2019
10. Märklin Summer New Items - 2019
11. Märklin New Items - 2018
12. Märklin Summer New Items - 2018
13. Märklin New Items - 2007
14. Märklin Summer New Items - 2006
15. Märklin Fall New Items - 2006
16. Märklin New Items - 2006
17. Märklin New Items - 2005
18. Märklin New Items - 1998

19. Märklin EXCLUSIV - 1998 + 04/2004 + 01/2005 - 04/2005 + 01/2006 - 04/2006 + 04/2020

If any of you are interested in any of these catalogues, please let me know latest by Wednesday, June 30, 2021. I can have them mailed to you. If there is no interest, I shall be trashing them by July 01, 2021.

take care and stay safe.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need" - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Offline Ranjit  
#7 Posted : 01 July 2021 06:44:17(UTC)
Ranjit

Hi All... Just a quick note to say that I have trashed all the above publications as there were no takers.

Take care and stay healthy.

Cheers,
Ranjit

#Get Vaccinated