Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : New turntable - Love it or hate it?
Choice Votes Statistics
  Total 73 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PJMärklin  
#51 Posted : 17 August 2019 09:40:34(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
Whomever has one, what is the center rail/concrete look/metal material? (which is the center conductor)
Is it aluminum that has been anodized to that effect/color?

Hello Thomas,

My turntable is very old (1990's), it is actually a Fleischmann that was also sold as a 3-rail variant for
Märklin-users with a separately available pack of peripheral connections that served 3-rail:

UserPostedImage

However I believe that the subsequent Märklin branded progeny were actually made by Fleischmann
and the one you image certainly looks like mine :

UserPostedImage

Thus if we are comparing apples with apples, the centre bit is metal, I am not sure if it is
Nickel alloy or Stainless Steel (but I doubt the latter):

UserPostedImage

I have a digital layout but retain the turntable control in "analogue" fashion (I like to control my operations) :

UserPostedImage

My turntable has worked faultlessly since installation and I think it is great ! :

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

All the best to you, have fun with your trains,

PJ
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by PJMärklin
Offline mvd71  
#52 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:34:10(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
It is a metal piece that has been surface treated (possibly anodised) I have one that I had to take part for repair, and the weight of the metal was such that it is definitely not aluminium.

It would be very nice to use something similar for a level crossing.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline PJMärklin  
#53 Posted : 17 August 2019 11:44:03(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
It is a metal piece that has been surface treated (possibly anodised) I have one that I had to take part for repair, and the weight of the metal was such that it is definitely not aluminium.It would be very nice to use something similar for a level crossing.

Yes it is certainly not Al
Offline JohnjeanB  
#54 Posted : 17 August 2019 20:29:12(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

I believe the planking on Märklin 7286 is Zamak with a metal surface coating. Looks nice, but after some time it gives contact issues to me and others.
Likewise on the Fleischmann 6652 (the version for 3 rails) the differences with Märklin 7286 are the decoration / colour of the handrails, cabin and small items to install on the bridge and possibly no flat cable to plug to a different control unit.
It is quite possible that the metal planking can be procured as replacement.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline TGV POS  
#55 Posted : 07 September 2019 19:10:57(UTC)
TGV POS

France   
New Photo of the Märklin turntable in the website! Drool
He was more beautiful of the old photo in New items 2019!
https://www.maerklin.de/...e/details/article/74861/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TGV POS
Online mrmarklin  
#56 Posted : 08 September 2019 05:41:45(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: TGV POS Go to Quoted Post

Much nicer than the original drawing. Mellow
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline Goofy  
#57 Posted : 08 September 2019 08:51:36(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi

I believe the planking on Märklin 7286 is Zamak with a metal surface coating. Looks nice, but after some time it gives contact issues to me and others.
Likewise on the Fleischmann 6652 (the version for 3 rails) the differences with Märklin 7286 are the decoration / colour of the handrails, cabin and small items to install on the bridge and possibly no flat cable to plug to a different control unit.
It is quite possible that the metal planking can be procured as replacement.
Cheers
Jean

Fleischmann present new turntable for the three rail.
This model are Märklins 7286.
www.fleischmann.de/en/pr...0-005010-0/products.html

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline JohnjeanB  
#58 Posted : 08 September 2019 12:29:53(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post

Fleischmann present new turntable for the three rail.
This model are Märklins 7286.
www.fleischmann.de/en/pr...0-005010-0/products.html

Hi Goofy

This is very interesting that Fleischmann resumes (apparently) the release of this turntable: a very good product in the last years, very silent and allowing to handle large locos (which the new Märklin TT will not (smaller size).
Cheers

Jean

Offline mbarreto  
#59 Posted : 08 September 2019 21:24:37(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

This is very interesting that Fleischmann resumes (apparently) the release of this turntable: a very good product in the last years, very silent and allowing to handle large locos (which the new Märklin TT will not (smaller size).
Cheers

Jean

Hi,
I have but mine is very noisy. Are you using the standard motor?

Miguel

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline mbarreto  
#60 Posted : 08 September 2019 22:08:03(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

It is only a graphic image and it seems they are saving colors :) The perimeter fillers seem to look better!
I prefer see the real thing and I hope it wil lnot be all the same plastic color. Will see...

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline kiwiAlan  
#61 Posted : 08 September 2019 22:15:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

It is only a graphic image and it seems they are saving colors :) The perimeter fillers seem to look better!
I prefer see the real thing and I hope it wil lnot be all the same plastic color. Will see...

I don't think it is a graphic (as in computer generated) image, it looks like 'first pull' mouldings to me, all done in the same plastic colour. Probably an engineering prototype to make sure the moulds are correct and the parts all fit together.

Offline JohnjeanB  
#62 Posted : 08 September 2019 23:27:18(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   

Hi,
I have but mine is very noisy. Are you using the standard motor?

Miguel

Hi Miguel
My TT was manufatured in 2014 and was so silent (with the original motor) that you could hear only the relay clicking:

Since then I have modified it with a DigitalBahn decoder where the laching relay is not used and where a sound module replicates the sound of a real turntable.
It is also true that I laid the TT and the nearby tracks on a corkbed for noise insulation
Cheers
Jean

Edited by user 09 September 2019 10:55:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline mvd71  
#63 Posted : 09 September 2019 05:54:34(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
The new turntable looks like it takes up a lot of space for not much turntable. Doubt I will move on from my k track one.
Offline mbarreto  
#64 Posted : 09 September 2019 10:50:15(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
[
Hi Miguel
My TT was manufatured in 2014 and was so silent (with the original motor) that you could hear only the relay clicking:

Hi Jean,

Mine is from the 90ies of the 20th century and probably your motor is a newer version and much better.
It is good to know the newer versions of the motor are much better as the noise of mine is annoying.

Miguel
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline JohnjeanB  
#65 Posted : 09 September 2019 11:14:53(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi

Miguel: This is only an assumption but I think you may order the motor & geartrain and it will probably solve your noise issues

On the new Märklin turntable, clearly the cabin is much less fine and detailled compared with the Fleischmann one (window panels).
On the other hand, probably the new TT brings much new technology (digital and sound which implies that the drive is rather silent). Lets wait and see.

Cheers

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#66 Posted : 09 September 2019 12:34:27(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Hi

Miguel: This is only an assumption but I think you may order the motor & geartrain and it will probably solve your noise issues

On the new Märklin turntable, clearly the cabin is much less fine and detailled compared with the Fleischmann one (window panels).
On the other hand, probably the new TT brings much new technology (digital and sound which implies that the drive is rather silent). Lets wait and see.

Cheers

Jean

I can't wait as it is an essential part of my shadow station design. I note that the Fleischmann TT needs a 239.99 euro module to drive it. That takes it out of my budget even if I was thinking of buying it instead of "good old" Marklin.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline Goofy  
#67 Posted : 09 September 2019 14:25:13(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post

I note that the Fleischmann TT needs a 239.99 euro module to drive it. That takes it out of my budget even if I was thinking of buying it instead of "good old" Marklin.

There is a module follow with the turntable.
No need to buy extra.

H0
Offline TEEWolf  
#68 Posted : 09 September 2019 16:17:27(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post
Hi

Cheers

Jean

I can't wait as it is an essential part of my shadow station design. I note that the Fleischmann TT needs a 239.99 euro module to drive it. That takes it out of my budget even if I was thinking of buying it instead of "good old" Marklin.

Indeed the Maerklin TT shall come with an fx, mfx and DCC decoder. But it only shall functioning first after a software update for CS 2 and CS 3. At least you do not have to spend another 240 € as Fleischmann wants.
Offline franciscohg  
#69 Posted : 09 September 2019 18:51:04(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello
As Goofy stated the extra module is not necessary to operate the TT, it cames with an analog control, just like the Maerklin ones used to.
As i understand, the extra module is like an enhanced decoder with a display, that can also be operated in analog, about 100 euro more than a standard TT decoder.
The fact that the new M TT comes with an integrated decoder is surely a plus, for what i read the need for the update is just for indexing tracks and not for standard use.
Having preinstalled yesterday my old 7286 and checked that it is working flawlessly, i will need only a LDT TT-DEC to integrate it to the digital system, never managed to make the 7687 to work properlyin the past.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline TEEWolf  
#70 Posted : 09 September 2019 21:11:01(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hello
As Goofy stated the extra module is not necessary to operate the TT, it cames with an analog control, just like the Maerklin ones used to.

But then you need an extra supply with an transformer.

As i understand, the extra module is like an enhanced decoder with a display, that can also be operated in analog, about 100 euro more than a standard TT decoder.
The fact that the new M TT comes with an integrated decoder is surely a plus, for what i read the need for the update is just for indexing tracks and not for standard use.
Having preinstalled yesterday my old 7286 and checked that it is working flawlessly, i will need only a LDT TT-DEC to integrate it to the digital system, never managed to make the 7687 to work properlyin the past.
Regards

Do you got a 7687 module already?
Offline blid  
#71 Posted : 09 September 2019 21:55:52(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Franciscohg,
I had a problem programming my 7687. I found out that “end” was not allowed to follow directly after “input”. So when all tracks were programmed and the last “input” pressed, I pressed “step” and then “end”. Then the programming was OK. The extra “step” was not stored.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline franciscohg  
#72 Posted : 09 September 2019 22:39:25(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Yes, i got a 7687 years ago for use in a previous layout. It was a nightmare, since then it is stored in his box a i have run the TT with the analog controler. For this layout i have many LDT items on use, so shortly i will order the TT decoder to digitally operate it.
Cannot find a manual for the Fleischmann new TT but i think that it should work just like the old 7286. To power it you can use any transformer, i use the one for power my LDT turnouts decos. It is a wise thing not to use digital current to power a motor and the advantage is that you can use any MRR power source.
Bottom line, if you already have a TT i think that it is not worthy to get a new one, even if you are rebuilding with C track. You can always use adapter tracks, i use M to K to connect to the layout and C to K to fit the big 77502 coaling station
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline Goofy  
#73 Posted : 10 September 2019 07:13:58(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Hello

But then you need an extra supply with an transformer.

Yes but it´s normal by feed a turntable and even digital turnout decoder.
I believe Märklins new turntable need external power for the digital decoder.

H0
Offline ciobitud  
#74 Posted : 13 September 2019 18:04:53(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Some photos from Märklin Days 2019:

Photo #1

Photo #2

Photo #3

More photos from Märklin Days 2019: Facebook TrainsDepot.org
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ciobitud
Offline mbarreto  
#75 Posted : 13 September 2019 18:17:52(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Thanks for the photos of the turntable. They also showed it in operaton on today's presentations of the Autumn/Winter new items.
I have mixed feelings about it.
I don't understand why the colour of the peripheral fillers are not the same of the C track ballast.
I don't like the "dead end" track and I would prefer it to have the tracks to a smaller than a bigger length of the fillers.
I also would like more colour in the operators shack.

As it is for C track without scenary in the floor it will never look great, but in a layout I think it will look a better.
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline scraigen  
#76 Posted : 13 September 2019 22:08:55(UTC)
scraigen

I don't understand why the colour of the peripheral fillers are not the same of the C track ballast.
I don't like the "dead end" track and I would prefer it to have the tracks to a smaller than a bigger length of the fillers.
I also would like more colour in the operators shack

My thoughts exactly!
Must build something
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by scraigen
Offline franciscohg  
#77 Posted : 14 September 2019 00:19:48(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Still dont love it..... At all
Offline mvd71  
#78 Posted : 14 September 2019 12:41:36(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Certainly not winning me over! I don't think I'd ever spend money on one!!
Offline Bobby  
#79 Posted : 16 September 2019 10:51:34(UTC)
Bobby

Switzerland   
Did someone know how deep is the hole of the turntable?
I want it use for my layout on the floor.
Kind regards
Marco
Offline compatty  
#80 Posted : 02 January 2021 01:44:58(UTC)
compatty

United States   
Will the new TT drop into the same hole occupied by my 7286 or is it larger/smaller in diameter?
Barry
Offline vilithejou  
#81 Posted : 02 January 2021 11:34:06(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: compatty Go to Quoted Post
Will the new TT drop into the same hole occupied by my 7286 or is it larger/smaller in diameter?

https://static.maerklin....82dd00a6331606733281.pdf

Owner Manual

Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline scraigen  
#82 Posted : 05 January 2021 16:52:58(UTC)
scraigen

Does anyone have this on order?
Must build something
Offline twmarklinfan  
#83 Posted : 05 January 2021 17:35:40(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
I had one on order, but cancelled it following production problems and price. There was something else I wanted more - the ICE 4 with the green stripe.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#84 Posted : 05 January 2021 20:26:11(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I think the new turntable is a very good approach (digital, sound, light) but alas with a small turning bridge (not allowing all locos to be turned and a reduced number of track connections.
So - for me - this is a mixed feeling also. For sure I have a 7286 with a DSD2010 decoder which was much more expensive.
Having seen it in operations, the central drive has a drawback were the rotation is not smooth (May be the delivered units will be better)
Sorry I cannot find the link to the video
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline scraigen  
#85 Posted : 06 January 2021 13:25:08(UTC)
scraigen

I started the thread and was heavily criticised for sharing an opinion based on the 3D render/prototype/marketing images of it. As nearly 2 years have passed since then and it should be shipping this year it would be good to get feedback, reviews and of course in-situ photos of it on your layouts from those that have ordered it.
Must build something
Offline JohnjeanB  
#86 Posted : 06 January 2021 14:15:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Originally Posted by: scraigen Go to Quoted Post
I started the thread and was heavily criticised for sharing an opinion based on the 3D render/prototype/marketing images of it. As nearly 2 years have passed since then and it should be shipping this year it would be good to get feedback, reviews and of course in-situ photos of it on your layouts from those that have ordered it.

I have started the same post on the Stummi Forum on 19 January 2019 here: https://www.stummiforum.de/viewt...c.php?p=1927976#p1927976
I don't see why you should be criticized.
I have seen pictures and even a video of the Turntable in operation (alas I cannot find it back). On the video, the 74861 TT was not moving smoothly (because of the central drive)
My findings:
* interesting technology
* very short bridge
* small number of tracks
* not very detailed (a bit toy-like)
* attractive price (my Marklin 7286 TT with its decoder, sound module and signals was 200 € more expensive)
* no power distribution to shed access tracks (must operate in Digital)
Cheers
Jean

Offline scraigen  
#87 Posted : 06 January 2021 14:24:40(UTC)
scraigen

Cheers Jean, I don't want to dredge up past arguments about it, but I am interested in what people think of it when they get the actual physical thing in front of them and I assume some folks on this forum will have had their orders in ages ago and hopefully therefore be among the first to receive it.
Must build something
Offline kiwiAlan  
#88 Posted : 06 January 2021 20:13:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: scraigen Go to Quoted Post
Cheers Jean, I don't want to dredge up past arguments about it, but I am interested in what people think of it when they get the actual physical thing in front of them and I assume some folks on this forum will have had their orders in ages ago and hopefully therefore be among the first to receive it.

Marklin did announce some time back that they were having to delay shipping the new turntable as the quality of parts from subcontractors were not up to scratch and they were having to do them in-house. I suspect this is part of the reason why the videos that have been available show unsatisfactory movement.

I am not aware that of these new turntables have been shipped yet.
Offline Drjoe11  
#89 Posted : 11 February 2021 20:59:44(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
I have been waiting for the 74861 C track turntable since it was announced. That was last year and I believe it was September. Still have not seen hide nor hair of it. It is in the new 2020/2021 Marklin full line catalog.
Offline compatty  
#90 Posted : 11 February 2021 22:29:51(UTC)
compatty

United States   
Per Marklin website:
planned delivery: 2nd quarter 2021. Looking like as far out as June.
Barry
Offline JohnjeanB  
#91 Posted : 11 February 2021 22:54:21(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Drjoe11 Go to Quoted Post
I have been waiting for the 74861 C track turntable since it was announced.That was last year and I believe it was September.Still have not seen hide nor hair of it.It is in the new 2020/2021 Marklin full line catalog.

Hi

The turntable is in the last Märklin video 30 seconds into it (German)

The CEO apologises because the TT was due for release in 2020 but says all technical problems are now solved and only little presentation issues need addressing. Not sure but he speaks of March this year
Sorry the English video is not yet released Märklin TV Episode 107
Cheers
Jean
Offline AshleyH  
#92 Posted : 30 March 2021 18:27:04(UTC)
AshleyH

United Kingdom   
Just posted on YouTube by Marklin, an unboxing and demonstration video of, presumably, the final production version of the 74861...

It looks OK to me, my track being almost solely C Track I may be interested, though I already have a 7186 and the the Roco 3 Rail turntable, which is very nice. I like turntables and traversers, but I don’t know how I will one day fit them all on a layout!
The small plastic joining pieces for the outlet tracks look very fiddly and easy to lose, not great fir my eyesight. I need to wait for the English language version to fully understand why there are different types of outlet tracks.

Best Regards
Ashley
Offline Drjoe11  
#93 Posted : 30 March 2021 20:25:39(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
I have had the new "C" Track turntable on order since it was first announced last year. I am still waiting for it to come in.
Offline compatty  
#94 Posted : 30 March 2021 23:34:46(UTC)
compatty

United States   
I like to keep an open mind but it does look very bland and plastic is main component. Can’t understand a word he said either! BigGrin BigGrin
Barry
Offline mvd71  
#95 Posted : 31 March 2021 00:05:36(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Does not look particularly nice, and it’s too small. Märklin would have been better to just make C track spokes that people could install on the k track turntable. Would have been cheaper to develop and given us a better looking product.
Offline Minok  
#96 Posted : 31 March 2021 02:18:46(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Does not look particularly nice, and it’s too small. Märklin would have been better to just make C track spokes that people could install on the k track turntable. Would have been cheaper to develop and given us a better looking product.

Yep, it requires more work to get it looking practically dirty and detailed.

But its not clear (at least to me) how Fleischman's withdrawal from the H0 space would affect the production of the K based turntable, and there has been a long demand for a C version and folks need every inch of space, plus the geometry of the K version to the existing round houses may have been a problem.

From what I understand, that turntable is the standard size deployed over most of Germany in the real world.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
Offline kiwiAlan  
#97 Posted : 31 March 2021 15:21:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: AshleyH Go to Quoted Post

The small plastic joining pieces for the outlet tracks look very fiddly and easy to lose, not great fir my eyesight. I need to wait for the English language version to fully understand why there are different types of outlet tracks.

I suspect those are to denote if the track is an entry/exit track or a blind point that the turntable does not stop at. Seems a bit of a mickey mouse way of doing it, as it would seem to stop the track from stopping on a 180 degree turn to reverse a loco. Guess we will just have to wait for the English version to get the full 'picture'.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mvd71  
#98 Posted : 01 April 2021 04:32:22(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post

Yep, it requires more work to get it looking practically dirty and detailed.

But its not clear (at least to me) how Fleischman's withdrawal from the H0 space would affect the production of the K based turntable, and there has been a long demand for a C version and folks need every inch of space, plus the geometry of the K version to the existing round houses may have been a problem.

From what I understand, that turntable is the standard size deployed over most of Germany in the real world.

If size is a constraint then the Roco turntable is a better choice. The Märklin unit is 378mm dia versus the Roco unit at 307mm with only 10mm loss of bridge length, and the Roco unit looks better and comes as an AC compatible option.
Offline Drongo  
#99 Posted : 04 June 2021 15:07:16(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Has anyone connected the new TT to an EcoS successfully ? If so, could you please help me.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Drjoe11  
#100 Posted : 04 June 2021 21:07:10(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
I have the new Track turntable on order. It has been almost a year and I still do not have it.