Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Roblue1091  
#1 Posted : 20 May 2021 06:37:14(UTC)
Roblue1091

United States   
So I have a question for the greater Märkllin community at Large. It's a question about the PROSES (3-Rail, Marklin) Rolling Road model number RR-M-01. Is it also set up to test regular 2 rail HO as well as well as 3 rail. To me it looks like the 2 outer rails are not connected. So in theory I can use 2 rail rollers and not the ones provide. I asked this question as these are the only two pictures I can find and the company has not replied to any of my emails. I understand that I cannot use the rollers provided that is a given LOL. I'm hoping somebody in this group has some familiarity with this rolling road. Ideally I would like to buy one rolling road that has the capability of testing both 2 and 3 rail and look presentable. Unfortunately there's just no information out there about the PROSES 3 rail rolling road not even a video. In fact these two photos are from the same exact group but from a different post that has gone quiet. So if anyone has any advice experience or if you know of another rolling road similar to this one that has the 2 and 3 rail testing capabilities. As well as a nice display and appeal please reach out to me. I love this hobby and absolutely LOVE Märklin!

Thank you all for your time!

M-rollers-2.jpgM-rollers-1.jpg
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Roblue1091
Offline DTaylor91  
#2 Posted : 20 May 2021 22:16:43(UTC)
DTaylor91

Simple:
Take a voltmeter, set it to check continuity, then touch the probes to each rail and or across each roller set (one side to the other). If it conducts electricity, your answer is no, it will not work with 2-rail.
No voltmeter? Use a battery, wire, and a light bulb. If the bulb lights when touching across the rails, your answer is no.

If thew rollers/rails are insulated from one side to the other, it should be workable
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DTaylor91
Offline Roblue1091  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2021 03:34:58(UTC)
Roblue1091

United States   
Originally Posted by: DTaylor91 Go to Quoted Post
Simple:
Take a voltmeter, set it to check continuity, then touch the probes to each rail and or across each roller set (one side to the other). If it conducts electricity, your answer is no, it will not work with 2-rail.
No voltmeter? Use a battery, wire, and a light bulb. If the bulb lights when touching across the rails, your answer is no.

If thew rollers/rails are insulated from one side to the other, it should be workable

My only thing is I don't want to have to buy it it's going to have to buy it overseas and then return it if it doesn't work. I know there are other rolling roads that use two and three rail but I like this style for workability and display.