Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline luckas  
#1 Posted : 13 May 2021 14:36:55(UTC)
luckas

Greetings,

Curious to know if anyone has managed to get a Turntable 7286 + 7687 decoder working completely in the CS3. I have managed to program the available tracks, and can consistently operate the turntable from a trackplan using the step buttons, but selecting a track itself does not work. The turntable moves only clockwise, so when I try to select a track that is in the opposite direction, it just turns without stopping. There are other idiosyncrasies as well - the 'stop' button doesn't work, and the full rotate buttons seem to produce an unpredictable outcome.

Again, the left and right step buttons behave perfectly within the tracks I have defined. However, the ability to get software to correctly interface with the turntable needs track selection to work reliably.

Any tips gratefully received.

Paul
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 13 May 2021 18:25:54(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Paul

I suggest you read this 7687 programming with CS3.pdf (412kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
From page 1 it shows how to program the 7987 with a CS3 with a s/w version 1.3.1 or later (now is 2.2.0 (5)
If not modified, the base address is 225 (old Keyboard 15) and when the soldered bridge is made, the address is 209 (old Keyboard 14)
Programming
1 - You have to first select your Track 1 and position your TT accordingly
2 - push the clear button to start clean
3 - Use the "Step" button to reach the next track used, then push the "Input" button
4 - Repeat 3 until all used tracks have been entered
5- Finish the programming session by pushing "End"

Use
* By dragging the deck on the Touch display
* By selecting the track by its position number on the display
* By using the two "Step" buttons.
* By pushing "Turning the Deck" to turn the turntable deck 180 degrees.

it seems that the direction of rotation is the last one used (it seems there is not calculator to check the shortest way as with a DSD2010 and Rocrail in my case.
I hope this helps
Just for fun, here is my TT 7286 with its decoder DSD2010 a CS2 (at the time) and Rocrail in full automatic operation

Cheers
Jean
Offline eduard71  
#3 Posted : 13 May 2021 19:04:18(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Originally Posted by: luckas Go to Quoted Post
Greetings,

Curious to know if anyone has managed to get a Turntable 7286 + 7687 decoder working completely in the CS3. I have managed to program the available tracks, and can consistently operate the turntable from a trackplan using the step buttons, but selecting a track itself does not work. The turntable moves only clockwise, so when I try to select a track that is in the opposite direction, it just turns without stopping. There are other idiosyncrasies as well - the 'stop' button doesn't work, and the full rotate buttons seem to produce an unpredictable outcome.

Again, the left and right step buttons behave perfectly within the tracks I have defined. However, the ability to get software to correctly interface with the turntable needs track selection to work reliably.

Any tips gratefully received.

Paul

Hi Paul, I have my one working and I have had no problem at all. In the control window of the turntable you have two arrows one to the left and one to the righ (not the one in the bottom but the one in the middle). Depending of the direction you need first to press the arrow of the direction and then press the number of the track.

Annotation 2021-05-13 124156.jpg
Annotation 2021-05-13 124236.jpg

It works good for me in this way. You are right with the stop button it does not work. My full rotation buttons works good. From time to time my turntable get's stuck and to release it I need to go to the program menu and press the clear botton. I have also realized that using the Marklin app for your phone or tablet, works better than from the CS3 sinc eit gives to you the end,imput and clear buttons.

I hope this helps you

Regards
Offline luckas  
#4 Posted : 14 May 2021 17:01:08(UTC)
luckas

Thank you both.

Unfortunately mine is not behaving. I can use the step buttons (left and right) no problem, but selecting the arrow and then a track number rotates the turntable always in the wrong direction or the wrong track, sometimes not stopping.

I've tried clearing and re-programming without success.

I wonder if there are any other configurations that are different in mine? The address or time (ms) values perhaps?

Paul
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2021 19:09:02(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Paul
The 7687 manual says there are 2 modes: the programmed mode and the 24 tracks mode.
Have you tried the 24 Tracks mode?
I have no 7687 but I have read many owners complain about the programming storage (sort of Alzheimer disease)

Synchronisation and Programming
It is also important to remember that the TT control is incremental. This means that the 7687 has NO WAY to find by itself in which position the TT is, except from previous position and commands.
So when starting your layout anew, first make sure the TT is synchronized with its decoder (for instance select a go to track1 and then move MANUALLY the TT to track 1, using the manual lever opposite to the cabin under the bridge.
Only, when the TT is synchronized with the decoder can you start to check if the programming is OK or needs re-doing.

What I can say from my own experience using a DSD2010 decoder and Rocrail, it took me very long time to sort out all the problems (Patience is key)
Cheers
Jean
Offline luckas  
#6 Posted : 15 May 2021 07:17:19(UTC)
luckas

Some small progress, I can get the track position working, but it is confused with track number. I have tracks at odd numbers (1, 3, 5) but no matter how I set up the track diagram or program the tracks, it moves in single increments.

I've spent hours on this, and have plenty of patience, but this really is not Marklin's finest moment.

Paul
Offline JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 15 May 2021 13:33:27(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Paul
As I said you are not the first to complain about this decoder 7687 especially after a long period of inactivity (early models from 2000) but some managed to get it to work. After all it is still available at Märklin factory when the TT 7286 is not for quite a while.

The key is to verify if it remembers the programming you did. If it does not then there is a hardware issue to address first.

Cheers
Jean
Offline blid  
#8 Posted : 15 May 2021 16:53:43(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
When I programmed my 7687 I had to press ”step” or something right before ”end”. If I pressed “end” directly after the last track it didn't work.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline Ross  
#9 Posted : 16 May 2021 02:00:59(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Paul/All,

Please read my article on programming the 7286 or 7687 turntable.

7686/7687 turntable programming

Included is tips for problem solving etc.

Ross
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ross
Offline luckas  
#10 Posted : 16 May 2021 15:14:06(UTC)
luckas

Thanks for the tips and information. I've solved the problem through software. By deactivating programming of the turntable in the CS3, the software (iTrain in this case) operates the turntable completely automatically and perfectly. I had incorrectly assumed that the turntable needed to be programmed in the CS3 in order for it to be controllable by software. As it turns out this is not the case, and in fact it works better not programmed in the CS3 (at least with iTrain).

Paul
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by luckas
Offline JohnjeanB  
#11 Posted : 17 May 2021 12:58:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: luckas Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the tips and information. I've solved the problem through software. By deactivating programming of the turntable in the CS3, the software (iTrain in this case) operates the turntable completely automatically and perfectly. I had incorrectly assumed that the turntable needed to be programmed in the CS3 in order for it to be controllable by software. As it turns out this is not the case, and in fact it works better not programmed in the CS3 (at least with iTrain).

Paul

Hi Paul
Now you mention it, initially I had a decoder programming on my DSD2010 to make an equivalence between switch order addresses (from 225) and the used tracks.
Here is one of the configuration software screen of the DSD2010

GleisDefinition V55-29-08-15.png
Because it would force me to do a reprogramming each time I added a track, I decided to go for 48 tracks controlled by software (Rocrail) using a specific serial link.
Now, like you I see the configuration is much more flexible
Cheers
Jean