Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Share
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2021 07:00:39(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
I believe that Marklin have released their new turntable for C track and there's a video available for installing it, however it's in German. Does anyone know if it's possible to record the sound track and use Google Translate to translate it into English ?

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Offline bph  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2021 13:40:38(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Joined: 04/08/2018(UTC)
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I believe that Marklin have released their new turntable for C track and there's a video available for installing it, however it's in German. Does anyone know if it's possible to record the sound track and use Google Translate to translate it into English ?

Regards
Greg


It's built in into youtube, just enable subtitles and click on the setting to change auto-translation into your desired language.
Sub.jpg
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by bph
Online JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2021 14:47:34(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi

I can see a lot of improvements from the previous video of the 74861 TT (in 2019)
  • two speed rotation

  • astute "marker" to indicate -for each track connection or dummy- if the TT should stop or not. It is using small removable parts. So the activation send the TT to the real next track (unlike the 7286 I have)

  • yes the color is a bit strange BUT it is the color of new / washed concrete and very easy to cover with a paint wash. I would not be surprised if Märklin later delivers a weathered version

  • I like the TT supports Märklin has designed. On the old 7286, it is preferable to install a support to prevent the TT of resting on its access tracks

  • I don't like: the angle (why not keeping the previous 7.5°), the Bridge length 263 mm instead of 310 mm on the 7286, and the disparition of the blind tracks (tracks opposite a track access

Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Drongo  
#4 Posted : 01 April 2021 05:11:33(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I believe that Marklin have released their new turntable for C track and there's a video available for installing it, however it's in German. Does anyone know if it's possible to record the sound track and use Google Translate to translate it into English ?

Regards
Greg


It's built in into youtube, just enable subtitles and click on the setting to change auto-translation into your desired language.
Sub.jpg


Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately, the video has been withdrawn by Marklin. Maybe there is some error in their instructions. Let's hope they rectify the video before the Easter shutdown.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Offline Ross  
#5 Posted : 01 April 2021 22:11:20(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Joined: 25/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 777
Location: Sydney, NSW
Hi Greg,

The link is working.


Quote:


Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately, the video has been withdrawn by Marklin. Maybe there is some error in their instructions. Let's hope they rectify the video before the Easter shutdown.

Regards
Greg
Ross
Online JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 01 April 2021 22:47:02(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
The Märklin video is back. No changes. Still in German, no subtitles but very clear:
* the TT (Turntable) is packed with a safety foam which must be kept for all future packing. It can be used when needing to have the TT upside down
* when removing or adding track gently pull up the track sections or the concrete section
* when all track are in place, check that all elements (tracks or concrete segment) are fully home
* when delivered, the TT is aligned with track one on the house side
* for installation, is included a paper guide for cutting the hole on the base and for installing the 6 S shaped supports that must be installed at their precise location. Fixing with a screw on a predrilled hole
* when instaling tracks, always start from the TT, screw the first track so that to ensure that no mechanical efforts are transmitted to the TT
* all dead ends to the TT must be connected to track power (The TT does not provide any power)
* there is a small piece of plastic on each track section or each concrete segment to tell the TT whether to stop or to skip the location in question
* electrical connections: one side with 2 screw terminals labelled decoder for B and O connections, the other side 3 screw connections labelled Gleis Left Track, Center, Right track. This allows to have a track detection on the TT to stop the loco

More videos will follow for dring the TT on analogue layout with the stellpult (driving console to purchase separately) or using an MS2 or CS3
Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
Online JohnjeanB  
#7 Posted : 01 April 2021 23:25:25(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi

The first video is here


The second is about driving the turntable with a CS3 (version 2.2.0 or higher)

The demo is using a CS3, the MFX protocol is allowed
Later when ordering the TT initialisation, a sensor near the TT house reads all tracks, dummy tracks or concrete segment
At the init end, tracks and their number or shown
Using the touch screen or the mouse simply drag and drop the TT to the track position you want
Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
Offline Drongo  
#8 Posted : 02 April 2021 02:05:16(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Thanks Fellas for the links. It works via your links but not when I use the Marklin site - very strange.

Now the next question - can I use the EcoS to connect the turntable ?
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Online JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 02 April 2021 02:21:52(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Now the next question - can I use the EcoS to connect the turntable ?

Hi
The Märklin turntable is DCC, MM2 and MFX capable all 3 languages you may use with the ECOS
The base factory address is 225 but can be changed and it receives orders like switches can to go to a specific track numbern to turn on the lights sound etc
With CS2 or CS3, the latest s/w revision allows a simpler implementation at the synoptic level.
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
Offline Drongo  
#10 Posted : 02 April 2021 04:19:26(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Now the next question - can I use the EcoS to connect the turntable ?

Hi
The Märklin turntable is DCC, MM2 and MFX capable all 3 languages you may use with the ECOS
The base factory address is 225 but can be changed and it receives orders like switches can to go to a specific track numbern to turn on the lights sound etc
With CS2 or CS3, the latest s/w revision allows a simpler implementation at the synoptic level.
Jean


Thanks Jean. I've ordered my new TT and it probably arrive in about 1 month. I'm looking forward to using it.

Regards

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Offline dickinsonj  
#11 Posted : 04 April 2021 15:28:41(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Joined: 05/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,442
Location: United States
Here is a Märklin turntable video with English dubbing provided by the good people @ AJCKids.


Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
I have models from Era I to Era VI, but I try to focus on Eras I & III. Whoops, that one got away from me. Let's just say I focus on cool trains, regardless of the particulars :-)
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline marklinist5999  
#12 Posted : 04 April 2021 15:44:05(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
Guy is super knowledgable and explains things clearly. He and Belle are very nice also! Every delivery includes a thank you note.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Drongo  
#13 Posted : 05 April 2021 13:01:21(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Thanks Jim for the link. The explanation was fantastic - he did a wonderful job explaining exactly how to install the TT. Now all I ask is for him to do, is to repeat his effort with the second video, so I can connect it digitally to TrainController. No rush, my TT won't arrive for a few weeks.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Drongo
Offline hxmiesa  
#14 Posted : 05 April 2021 14:25:52(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Joined: 15/12/2005(UTC)
Posts: 3,246
Location: Spain
Lots of new videos about the bridge hanging at some of the segments! Confused
Apparently you have to be very exact and careful in mounting the turntable itself, and when screwing down the tracks leading to it...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline marklinist5999  
#15 Posted : 05 April 2021 16:09:23(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Jim for the link. The explanation was fantastic - he did a wonderful job explaining exactly how to install the TT. Now all I ask is for him to do, is to repeat his effort with the second video, so I can connect it digitally to TrainController. No rush, my TT won't arrive for a few weeks.


Drongo, you can email Guy at AJCkids-service (it's their email default address) and ask him questions too.
Offline Minok  
#16 Posted : 07 April 2021 04:25:17(UTC)
Minok

United States   
Joined: 15/10/2006(UTC)
Posts: 2,213
Location: Washington, Pacific Northwest
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
Lots of new videos about the bridge hanging at some of the segments! Confused
Apparently you have to be very exact and careful in mounting the turntable itself, and when screwing down the tracks leading to it...


Yes , this turntable appears extremely sensitive to any warping due to its baseplate being slightly twisted. The clearance between the segment indicator plugs which show track or empty to the turntable sensor, is very small and a fraction of a mm twist can prevent the rotating platform from clearing the plug. Bubbles up cork that want glued down or c track that was screwed down that pressed one side more than another caused Hangup. Not screwing down near the Turntable but further away seems key , and ensuring the installation is absolutely planar (note this doesn’t mean horizontal exactly but that also is a good idea ) is key.

The design would have benefited, given how small the twist tolerance is, from a steel ring being used below the turntable to which the plastic base would have been screwed down in 3 places. That would enforce a rigid and planar state and resist twisting die to the living wood or even differing cork heights or varying track screw tensions.
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Minok1217/
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline marklinist5999  
#17 Posted : 07 April 2021 10:06:31(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
Using metal in the base would have cost more. But not much more. Just a ring under the main base so it's insulated from the tracks.
It's best to design things for user margin of error. Benchwork can be slightly unlevel, wood or foam can be warped. If the turntable does not have space for shimming, then should have.
Offline dickinsonj  
#18 Posted : 07 April 2021 17:11:11(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Joined: 05/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,442
Location: United States
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The design would have benefited, given how small the twist tolerance is, from a steel ring being used below the turntable to which the plastic base would have been screwed down in 3 places.


I agree - that would be ideal and at this price point they could have afforded it.

But they have taken a long time getting this to market and I can imagine the management pressure to get something out the door. I think there is a chance that some new features like that might be added in time, but knowing Märklin it could be a really long time. I plan to look at it as a test of my carpentry skills, which are really key to a well running layout anyway.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
I have models from Era I to Era VI, but I try to focus on Eras I & III. Whoops, that one got away from me. Let's just say I focus on cool trains, regardless of the particulars :-)
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Online JohnjeanB  
#19 Posted : 07 April 2021 17:59:48(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
The turntable (TT) is a high precision thing and the base plate could have been made of metal (unpractical because it would cost a fortune for such a high precision thing and low quantities).

Fact is you have to install it on a thick base plate (Märklin uses 16 mm thick wood). It can be thinner 10 mm but make sure it is perfectly plane (not warped) AND make sure no mechanical efforts are passed to the turn table (connect one track to each access track, screw it to the base and then finish the connection to the layout) AND avoid at all cost slopes (uphill or downhill in access tracks).

On multiple installation (mostly German at this time) videos we can see that a mechanical effort results in stalling the bridge (it stops until you solve the issue) until you remove all efforts to the TT.

Once this is done, the TT seems to work very smoothly (prototypically) but some weathering is needed with an airbrush or terra cotta
The house could have been more detailed (but I am sure someone on the German market with propose some nice lasercut house)
Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#20 Posted : 07 April 2021 20:15:55(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
It's at least $500 US. Low volume? I see lot's of layouts with TT's. Not mine though, I have too many structures and no space for one. I think they could have afforded it. Is this a stand alone product, "ehem" (novelty), or a joint venture? The former one was with Fleischmann. I think they could have done it. Even if they had used old M track dies to puch out a flat 45 degree 1/4 circle of 22-24 gague sheet steel and spot braze 4 together in a flat vise bracket. Those dies and stamps are somewhere. You know what I say; "can't means won't."
Online JohnjeanB  
#21 Posted : 07 April 2021 22:36:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
The former Turntable 7286 was 100% Fleischmann's, now their group has developed Roco's 42615 (both 2 rails and 3 rails with a 253 mm bridge.
https://www.roco.cc/en/product/2...0-005010-1/products.html
The Märklin 74861 is really Märklin own project, it is also 2 or 3 rails-capable.
The investment is huge and yes believe it or not the pay-back is distributed over many years and much smaller quantities than the number of locomotives.
The price for Märklin is rather close to 250€ to 300€ the rest is for the commercial network, shipment, etc.
Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Online JohnjeanB  
#22 Posted : 08 April 2021 11:40:50(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
there is a new video on how to drive a 74861 turntable with an MS2

I know it is in German but with a little patience you may learn GermanBigGrin
Initialisation is by:
* turning the power OFF and ON the tracks
* within 5 seconds, send the order 225 red, 225 green 225 red again
Then it is driven like a switch following this table

Sans titre.png
Cheers
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#23 Posted : 08 April 2021 13:41:22(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
Ja, gut! Dis ist ein farchtig! Das sonne hat im der schwarzwald bei shinnen!
Offline bph  
#24 Posted : 08 April 2021 19:59:31(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Joined: 04/08/2018(UTC)
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
The former Turntable 7286 was 100% Fleischmann's, now their group has developed Roco's 42615 (both 2 rails and 3 rails with a 253 mm bridge.
https://www.roco.cc/en/product/2...0-005010-1/products.html
Cheers
Jean

The updated Fleischmann turntable (665201) is biggger than the Roco 42615. The Fleischmann bridge length is 310 mm vs 253 mm on Roco and 263 mm on the new Märklin.
https://www.fleischmann.de/en/product/245706-%20turntable%20-0-0-0-0-0-005007-1/products.html

The short bridge length on the new Marklin is quite restricting and several of my steamers are too long for it. So I will probably buy a Fleischmann 665201. (before it goes out of production). (even if a few of my steamers are too long for that one as well.)
The downside with the Fleishman is that there is no built-in decoder and that the 6915 turntable Controller does not support mfx
Offline kiwiAlan  
#25 Posted : 08 April 2021 20:54:16(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 23/07/2014(UTC)
Posts: 5,991
Location: ENGLAND, Didcot
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
The former Turntable 7286 was 100% Fleischmann's, now their group has developed Roco's 42615 (both 2 rails and 3 rails with a 253 mm bridge.
https://www.roco.cc/en/product/2...0-005010-1/products.html
Cheers
Jean

The updated Fleischmann turntable (665201) is biggger than the Roco 42615. The Fleischmann bridge length is 310 mm vs 253 mm on Roco and 263 mm on the new Märklin.
https://www.fleischmann.de/en/product/245706-%20turntable%20-0-0-0-0-0-005007-1/products.html

The short bridge length on the new Marklin is quite restricting and several of my steamers are too long for it. So I will probably buy a Fleischmann 665201. (before it goes out of production). (even if a few of my steamers are too long for that one as well.)
The downside with the Fleishman is that there is no built-in decoder and that the 6915 turntable Controller does not support mfx


The 665201 appears to be an update of the 6652 which is what is used for the Marklin 7286 and 7686. I presume they have changed the motor used to drive the bridge, possibly to one like SB Modellbau supply as a replacement. Certainly the extra track pieces fir the 7286 - the biggest hassle is they are not weathered like the 6653/7287 ones.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
bph
Online JohnjeanB  
#26 Posted : 09 April 2021 01:00:01(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
The 665201 appears to be an update of the 6652 which is what is used for the Marklin 7286 and 7686. I presume they have changed the motor used to drive the bridge, possibly to one like SB Modellbau supply as a replacement. Certainly the extra track pieces fir the 7286 - the biggest hassle is they are not weathered like the 6653/7287 ones.

Hi
The Fleischmann is a rerun of what they did for Märklin. I have one since 2014 and it totally silent (absolutely no need to change the motor



As you hear, there is absolutely no noise
Here it is now after 5 years of intensive operation, with a DigitalBahn decoder DSD2010, a sound module, 4 signals



What I am trying to say is: The Fleischmann 665201 is an excellent turntable but you need to digitalise it yourself.
As Alan say, the bridge length can accommodate all normal locos (Not my Big BoyBigGrin )
Cheers
Jean



My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
bph
Offline dickinsonj  
#27 Posted : 09 April 2021 01:06:20(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Joined: 05/12/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,442
Location: United States
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
As Alan say, the bridge length can accommodate all normal locos (Not my Big BoyBigGrin )


I don't believe that even Union Pacific still has a turntable that will accomodate the Big Boy Jean, so you are in good company. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
I have models from Era I to Era VI, but I try to focus on Eras I & III. Whoops, that one got away from me. Let's just say I focus on cool trains, regardless of the particulars :-)
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#28 Posted : 26 April 2021 21:09:33(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Joined: 15/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 65
Location: Quebec, Montreal
I found this for the Fleischmann turntable which might be of interest to use as a decoder.

https://ldt-infocenter.c...ungen/ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

Or this

https://www.digikeijs.co...urntable-controller.html
Offline mvd71  
#29 Posted : 27 April 2021 23:45:10(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Joined: 09/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,369
Location: Auckland,
I’ve used the ldt decoder with a Märklin k track turntable and it worked really well.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#30 Posted : 27 April 2021 23:54:06(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Joined: 23/07/2014(UTC)
Posts: 5,991
Location: ENGLAND, Didcot
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
I found this for the Fleischmann turntable which might be of interest to use as a decoder.

https://ldt-infocenter.c...ungen/ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

Or this

https://www.digikeijs.co...urntable-controller.html


I thought that the new turntable had a built in decoder - that is the subject of this thread, not the Fleischmann based one
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#31 Posted : 28 April 2021 00:03:16(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Joined: 15/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 65
Location: Quebec, Montreal
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
I found this for the Fleischmann turntable which might be of interest to use as a decoder.

https://ldt-infocenter.c...ungen/ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

Or this

https://www.digikeijs.co...urntable-controller.html


I thought that the new turntable had a built in decoder - that is the subject of this thread, not the Fleischmann based one


Well the Fleischmann was mentioned a couple of times as an alternative and the OT (or other) has been mentioning that it was a steep price. But ok lets stick to the new Marklin TT
Offline mvd71  
#32 Posted : 28 April 2021 10:03:03(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Joined: 09/08/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,369
Location: Auckland,
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Puttputtmaru Go to Quoted Post
I found this for the Fleischmann turntable which might be of interest to use as a decoder.

https://ldt-infocenter.c...ungen/ttdec_06_13_en.pdf

Or this

https://www.digikeijs.co...urntable-controller.html


I thought that the new turntable had a built in decoder - that is the subject of this thread, not the Fleischmann based one


Quite right Alan, but the new one is ugly so it’s only natural the more elegant option will get a mention BigGrin
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline marklinist5999  
#33 Posted : 28 April 2021 10:47:47(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
Ugly? It isn't. Are there any ugly aircraft? Of course. Especially models, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think the new one looks as prototypical as the former one. C track doesn't, not without extra work. Some say K track doesn't either, and Roco or others do more so. Having choices is nice. It makes us all unique. Like Robert Frost, some take paths or roads less traveled. They are usually more interesting, and less boring.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline jonas_sthlm  
#34 Posted : 28 April 2021 13:44:36(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Joined: 12/10/2008(UTC)
Posts: 838
Location: Stockholm, Södermalm
It fits well with the "my world" segment Mellow
Large Swedish train collection / CS3+ / 2x 60175 Booster /TC9 Gold/RemoteCS2/ K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class littRa/ Scale from the 1980s / Homepagemodelltag.seandyoutube.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline marklinist5999  
#35 Posted : 28 April 2021 17:00:25(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
As does C track. Alpha track was similar looking.
Online JohnjeanB  
#36 Posted : 28 April 2021 17:20:33(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
Originally Posted by: jonas_sthlm Go to Quoted Post
It fits well with the "my world" segment Mellow

Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
As does C track. Alpha track was similar looking.

With all due respect I disagree to both:

The new Turntable can perfectly be weathered and tuned into a very credible scenery. It is an excellent mechanical base that looks too much like plastic but this is easy to correct

The C track is certainly an excellent track but painting the rails in rust color and ballasting its sides provides an excellent solution
Is it so difficult to have an airbrush for modelling?

Just my thoughts
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline marklinist5999  
#37 Posted : 28 April 2021 17:28:54(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Joined: 10/02/2021(UTC)
Posts: 628
Location: Michigan, Troy
I was being sarcastic. Both are nice, and if you're going to trash one, you must trash the other.
Offline Drongo  
#38 Posted : 29 April 2021 08:45:01(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Has anyone installed the new TT and connected it to an EcoS ? If so, can you let me know your experience - was it easy, difficult or whatever ?

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Offline mmervine  
#39 Posted : 30 April 2021 14:25:21(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Joined: 30/01/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,820
Location: Keene, NH
For anyone who is interested in this, I noticed that MSL has it in stock today, so they are starting to roll out of the factory.
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Online JohnjeanB  
#40 Posted : 30 April 2021 16:02:14(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Yes the TT 74861 has been available for one week now and some private videos are also to be seen on Youtube
Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
Offline White Buffalo  
#41 Posted : 13 May 2021 16:49:06(UTC)
White Buffalo

United States   
Joined: 29/12/2016(UTC)
Posts: 398
Location: South Dakota
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone installed the new TT and connected it to an EcoS ? If so, can you let me know your experience - was it easy, difficult or whatever ?

Regards
Greg


I need to do some research as well to see how to run this with the ESU command station. Would love a digital turntable auf meine Anlage ! Vielen Dank für the thread everyone :)
Offline LSQ  
#42 Posted : 31 May 2021 04:50:42(UTC)
LSQ

China   
Joined: 22/06/2019(UTC)
Posts: 1
Location: TIANJIN
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
The Märklin video is back. No changes. Still in German, no subtitles but very clear:
* the TT (Turntable) is packed with a safety foam which must be kept for all future packing. It can be used when needing to have the TT upside down
* when removing or adding track gently pull up the track sections or the concrete section
* when all track are in place, check that all elements (tracks or concrete segment) are fully home
* when delivered, the TT is aligned with track one on the house side
* for installation, is included a paper guide for cutting the hole on the base and for installing the 6 S shaped supports that must be installed at their precise location. Fixing with a screw on a predrilled hole
* when instaling tracks, always start from the TT, screw the first track so that to ensure that no mechanical efforts are transmitted to the TT
* all dead ends to the TT must be connected to track power (The TT does not provide any power)
* there is a small piece of plastic on each track section or each concrete segment to tell the TT whether to stop or to skip the location in question
* electrical connections: one side with 2 screw terminals labelled decoder for B and O connections, the other side 3 screw connections labelled Gleis Left Track, Center, Right track. This allows to have a track detection on the TT to stop the loco

More videos will follow for dring the TT on analogue layout with the stellpult (driving console to purchase separately) or using an MS2 or CS3
Cheers
Jean


Hi Jean,

Could you please explain how to have a track detection on the TT to stop the loco? I connected wires according to manul of 74861 "The two rails on
the deck have separate connections so that a feedback decoder can also be connected (page 5, figure 9). ", but it does not work.

Thanks
Qie

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LSQ
Offline Drongo  
#43 Posted : 09 June 2021 13:41:25(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Well I have spent some time now trying to get this @#$ TT working. It's impossible with the EcoS, so I borrowed a CS3+ with the latest update. To start - the update doesn't show the new TT with 12' angles and the correct number of outlets. It still shows the old TT with 15' angles and 24 outlets. Therefore, to program the TT the CS3 thinks there are 24 outlets instead of 15 x 2 (30) outlets.
Marklin has produced a video on how to program the TT using a MS2 but haven't bothered to help those who have a CS3 - perhaps Marklin can't program the TT with a CS3 so no video. In general the whole product is CRAP. It's a waste of A$1,000 and is type of Marklin's promotion or should I say propaganda (BS). I know in Australia there are laws that protect consumers from manufacturers whose claims are misleading, but I guess in Germany they don't exist.

My opinion to everyone who intends to buy this product is _ DON'T. Marklin have done it again - released a product that doesn't work. Their quality control, research and development is non existent. They are more involved in producing good looking models and expensive video promotions trying to make us believe that their faulty products are good. Reminds of Germany about 100 years ago.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Online ocram63_uk  
#44 Posted : 09 June 2021 14:32:17(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Joined: 07/01/2015(UTC)
Posts: 488
Location: England, Suffolk
I have a 7186 and will hang on to it for dear life and aesthetically I like it more.
sorry I'm not adding anything useful to the post :-(
Don't hate me, please
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Online JohnjeanB  
#45 Posted : 09 June 2021 15:11:49(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Marklin has produced a video on how to program the TT using a MS2 but haven't bothered to help those who have a CS3 - perhaps Marklin can't program the TT with a CS3 so no video. In general the whole product is CRAP. It's a waste of A$1,000 and is type of Marklin's promotion or should I say propaganda (BS). I know in Australia there are laws that protect consumers from manufacturers whose claims are misleading, but I guess in Germany they don't exist.


Drongo, you are a bit unfair with Märklin who has produced some videos for 74861 owners one of which with CS3. The translation in English took some time.
Here is the translation of one of these videos made by Ajckids


I don't have this TT but rather the 7286 but many users find the 74861 good (at least OK): self programming, with decoder and sound and easy extension

IMO, the new TT is very nice but needs weathering and is a bit short with the 12° angle too big.
Märklin did this because at Era III the vast majority of TT were 23 m long and also because many Märklin Enthusiasts don't have such a big space.
Cheers
Jean

My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Drongo  
#46 Posted : 10 June 2021 07:05:00(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Marklin has produced a video on how to program the TT using a MS2 but haven't bothered to help those who have a CS3 - perhaps Marklin can't program the TT with a CS3 so no video. In general the whole product is CRAP. It's a waste of A$1,000 and is type of Marklin's promotion or should I say propaganda (BS). I know in Australia there are laws that protect consumers from manufacturers whose claims are misleading, but I guess in Germany they don't exist.


Drongo, you are a bit unfair with Märklin who has produced some videos for 74861 owners one of which with CS3. The translation in English took some time.
Here is the translation of one of these videos made by Ajckids


I don't have this TT but rather the 7286 but many users find the 74861 good (at least OK): self programming, with decoder and sound and easy extension

IMO, the new TT is very nice but needs weathering and is a bit short with the 12° angle too big.
Märklin did this because at Era III the vast majority of TT were 23 m long and also because many Märklin Enthusiasts don't have such a big space.
Cheers
Jean



Thanks Jean for the information. I watched the video and it was very informative. If only Marklin had released these tutorials BEFORE the released the product then everyone would be informed. This goes to show that the Marketing and Sales department don't communicate very well. AND there is a Marklin company in USA and they should provide the English version NOT a retailer.
Regards
Greg

Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#47 Posted : 10 June 2021 10:19:38(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Joined: 17/09/2006(UTC)
Posts: 17,862
Location: New Zealand
Greg, you do tend to Marklin bash a bit too much.

I agree that sometimes they are a bit slow in releasing information or it comes through in dribs and drabs whereas it would be helpful if they had it all ready when the product was released. But they do get there in the end.

As for Marklin USA I'm sure Rick and Curtis will have either a Digital Newsletter or a Webinar on the turntable at some stage. Patience is the key. Don't forget that worldwide Covid has wrecked havoc with all sorts of things so the fact we are able to do normal things such as play with model trains is a blessing!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Drongo  
#48 Posted : 10 June 2021 14:30:16(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Joined: 03/06/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,093
Location: Sydney, NSW
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Greg, you do tend to Marklin bash a bit too much.

I agree that sometimes they are a bit slow in releasing information or it comes through in dribs and drabs whereas it would be helpful if they had it all ready when the product was released. But they do get there in the end.

As for Marklin USA I'm sure Rick and Curtis will have either a Digital Newsletter or a Webinar on the turntable at some stage. Patience is the key. Don't forget that worldwide Covid has wrecked havoc with all sorts of things so the fact we are able to do normal things such as play with model trains is a blessing!



Hi David, I know that I Marklin bash a lot but it infuriates me that a company that boasts to be the best in the world in their field can produce products that aren't up to scratch. As you know being downunder, it's difficult to see these products before you buy, so you rely heavily on Marklin's advertising and promotion. It's really disappointing to pay a lot of money on a product that you believe will be a great performer and turns out to be rubbish or doesn't live up to the expectations of the promotion. Too many times I have been caught and no-one in Marklin seems to care - that's why I express my anger on this forum, with the hope that someone at Marklin will take notice. A few years ago, I met with Herr Mayer and expressed my concerns about the quality of Marklin products. I could have been talking to the wall - he stood there glancing around the room, Extremely rude, so how can I respect people who treat you like this. I like this hobby and I want to continue with it, but false or misleading representation is infuriating.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Website - www.simplesite.com/gregstrain
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo
Online JohnjeanB  
#49 Posted : 11 June 2021 13:10:55(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Joined: 04/02/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,569
Location: Paris, France
Hi,
Greg, Märklin never claimed that they were the best in the world, not in Germany, not in France (my country).
They are certainly proud of what they are doing and putting the best efforts to it.

May be a lot of your aggravation is the result of you being very far away with a different language:
- shipping damages
- exorbitent prices
- information delay
- poor training of local retailers
- translation issues of document and movies.

Yes Märklin is far from being "perfekt" but on a few occasions I experienced the true help and dedication of its employees
Yes just after WW2 it delivered items prone to "Zinkpest" but it was corrected by a series of measures.
And yes I have various Märklin stuff from different moment since 70 years and most are really good
And yes there are a few cock-ups: early C track becoming brittle, Switch motors (Märklin is not the only one)

Bravo Märklin keep on the good work.

Jean
My layout videos
latest vid
hump yard
Offline H0  
#50 Posted : 11 June 2021 13:32:26(UTC)
H0


Joined: 16/02/2004(UTC)
Posts: 14,159
Location: DE-NW
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Yes just after WW2 it delivered items prone to "Zinkpest" but it was corrected by a series of measures.
Just after the turn of the century they again delivered items prone to "Zinkpest". Nothing learned, it seems.

Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I know in Australia there are laws that protect consumers from manufacturers whose claims are misleading, but I guess in Germany they don't exist.
Your guess is wrong. Germans are entitled to return fully working items if the documentation is too bad to get things working. Or if items do not keep what was promised.
Märklin have a problem with QA in general, they have a problem with software QA in particular. They have a problem with QA of English translations, especially with respect to CS2 GUI and CS3 GUI. Sometimes with the availability of English translations at all.



Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Users browsing this topic
OceanSpiders 2.0
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

| Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2021, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.949 seconds.