Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline anthpao  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2021 01:52:19(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
Dear forum members,
I have a problem when I am trying to program an mld3 decoder with the Swiss lights. What I am trying to achive is the following:
1) When pressing F0 three front white lights and one rear white light turn on and change when change the direction of travel.
2) When pressing F2 all lights on the rear of the train turns off independantly of the direction of travel.
3) When pressing F3 all lights on the front of the trains turns off independantly of the direction of travel.

Some info: On Front lights output are connected the two of three front lights,
on Rear lights output are connected the two of three rear lights.
on AUX1 is connected the third front light and on AUX2 is connected the third rear light.

I am a bit confused using the AND commands and Pos. Level and Neg. Level.

Can anybody help.
Thank you in advance.
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2021 03:54:23(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
The way I program it: the same way with the single front light (forward) and rear light (reverse), (Aux 1 & Aux 2), the 2 front light and the 2 rear lights are connected via the F0, forward and reverse).

to combine them you do the following programming: F0 forward and Aux 1 forward under a function output, and the same with F0 reverse and Aux 2 reverse under an other function output.
with this option you can turn off the rear lights by turning off F0 reverse and Aux 2 reverse, or visa versa, with F0 forward and Aux 1 forward,
if you just want to have the rear light on, turn off the light function and activate Aux 2 and visa versa.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2021 14:10:16(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am not an expert on decoders and decoder outputs.
The first thing that you need to consider is whether the locomotive has multiple bulbs or LEDs.
The original 3050 and many other locomotives from that era had a single bulb at each end.
The more recent Ae 6/6, Re 4/4II, Re 460, Re 6/6 from Maerklin have all had twin bulbs, so that the Swiss taillight function was an option.
Newer models have had LEDs which have opened up the possibility of also adding single red taillight or twin red taillights as options.

As long as your locomotive has multiple bulbs or LEDs and the wiring allows individual power supply to each bulb/LED, you can set the decoder to activate them in your desired sequence.

I guess I should ask you which locomotive you would like to equip with Swiss light changeover, as the response will be different depending on which model you are working on?

Regards

Mike C
Offline anthpao  
#4 Posted : 27 April 2021 09:36:02(UTC)
anthpao

Greece   
The locomotive is a ROCO 43925 SBB Be 4/6. It originally hab light bulbs but I replaced them with LEDs. Now I have them connected as I described in the first post. I can make them glow with three lights on front and a single light at the rear of the locomotive but I cannot turn OFF that rear light and keep the three front lights ON or turn OFF the three front lights and keep ON the single rear light. From what I saw from other Marklin locos, Marklin is using the AND command in the function programming and some variables like positive level and negative level that seems a little bit confusing.
Offline ktsolias  
#5 Posted : 27 April 2021 11:37:51(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
The Swiss light changeover is actually an OR logical gate.
How you can realize that depends on your knowledge in electronics, and of course the specific loco (decoder, etc)

Costas
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 27 April 2021 12:15:50(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
The Swiss light changeover is actually an OR logical gate.
The AND comes into play when F2 shall turn the rear lights off while F3 turns the front lights off.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline river6109  
#7 Posted : 27 April 2021 16:33:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: anthpao Go to Quoted Post
The locomotive is a ROCO 43925 SBB Be 4/6. It originally hab light bulbs but I replaced them with LEDs. Now I have them connected as I described in the first post. I can make them glow with three lights on front and a single light at the rear of the locomotive but I cannot turn OFF that rear light and keep the three front lights ON or turn OFF the three front lights and keep ON the single rear light. From what I saw from other Marklin locos, Marklin is using the AND command in the function programming and some variables like positive level and negative level that seems a little bit confusing.

read my post and you'll find the answer

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline marklinist5999  
#8 Posted : 27 April 2021 20:24:46(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, and do the function buttons work differently if the switching turtle button is on.? The AA switching light comes on when activated. Seems I noticed on my re 421 item 37374.
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 28 April 2021 09:23:17(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, and do the function buttons work differently if the switching turtle button is on.?
You define what the turtle button does. Can be shunting mode only, can be shunting mode with shunting lights.
Not sure what SBB locos show while shunting. The "double A" light is a DB thing, used by big locos. Shunters normally do not show double A while shunting, but Märklin shunters usually do not support that. Sorry, DB light conventions are off topic here.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline marklinist5999  
#10 Posted : 28 April 2021 10:14:19(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
In iteration, I meant the same button selection used on my 39212 br 212 and sbb 421 switch the marker lights on, make them. Single for Swiss, double for DB, or Red, or white. The re 421 is equipped to run in both countries. It runs from Munich to Linda to Zurich. It has a DB pantograph and a Swiss one.
Offline g-gekko  
#11 Posted : 28 April 2021 13:34:01(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
This zip file contains three function exports. They are adjusted to how you describe your connections. Can you try to import the f0.cs2 to the f0 function (right click f0 and select import) and the other two to separate functions? lightcontrol.zip (1kb) downloaded 14 time(s).

Have you connected AUX3 and AUX4 to any lights?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by g-gekko
bph