Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Keyser  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2021 18:14:57(UTC)
Keyser

United States   
I switched out a 3 pole motor for a 5 pole and added a lock pilot 59619 decoder. Locomotive runs fine. The problem is as soon as I turn on the power the locomotive runs at full speed before I switch to it. I have to pick it on the controller and set to stop for it to stop. After that it runs normally. I am using a 6023 control box. It did not do this before the switch and none of my other locomotives do this. What have I done wrong?
Offline ocram63_uk  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2021 16:03:56(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Out of curiosity, do you set to zero the controller before switching off your system or you just shut down 'brutally'? I had this problem ages ago and it was related to this problem, speed knob not in zero position. It could also be a setting on the decoder relating to the protocol used. Hope you solve it
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Online marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2021 16:15:36(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, I do set speed to zero before shutdown, ans switch off all functions. It's like using turn signals when driving. Habit.
Offline pederbc  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2021 16:25:46(UTC)
pederbc

Sweden   
Hi,

As you are only using the Motorola protocol, try turning off the support for DCC, SX and MFX protocols in the ESU decoder. It’s maybe an interference with any of these protocols. If I remember correctly the decoder will first check if MFX is available, then DCC and at last the Motorola. SX is used by older Trix.

Br, Peder
Offline blid  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2021 16:42:24(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I don't know anything about the 6023 control box and not much about the Lokpilot either. I do know that engines with digital decoders take off at full speed if the decoder miss the signal indicating starting in digital mode. This can be avoided by not setting the bit that allows analog mode (bit 2 in CV29 = 0 I think).
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 05 May 2021 19:15:02(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: Keyser Go to Quoted Post
I switched out a 3 pole motor for a 5 pole and added a lock pilot 59619 decoder. Locomotive runs fine. The problem is as soon as I turn on the power the locomotive runs at full speed before I switch to it. I have to pick it on the controller and set to stop for it to stop. After that it runs normally. I am using a 6023 control box. It did not do this before the switch and none of my other locomotives do this. What have I done wrong?

6023 are Märklin old digital system limited functions and only for the MM protocol.
When you did bought ESU lok pilot did you set decoder in MM protocol first?
Both analog ac and dc protocol must be deactivate too.
Because of the digital interference.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control