Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 01 April 2021 23:18:04(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
The decoder in my SBB RBe 2/4 ”Roter Pfeil” (Märklin 37868) has died. The manual says the decoder spare part is the Märklin 271984, which seems difficult to to find on the market. It looks as if the decoder is a plug-in type, connected to a curcuit board.

Would anyone know of an alternatve decoder I could plug-in to the citcuit board. Preferrably Märklin or ESU sound decoders?

Blink
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2021 10:51:22(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Hm, on the Maerklinshop.de it’s stated that 260079 could be an alternative decoder but this also seems difficult to find...

Could any MTC21 decoder be used as an alternative?

Blink
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2021 11:49:38(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
This loco came with sound. So you will need a programmer to match the decoder that you replace the original one with..

If you get an ESU decoder you need the ESU lock programmer.

If you get the latest Marklin decoder, you need the Marklin Programmer.

If you have lots of locos the programmers are a worthwhile investment. I have both..

OR

You can take it to your dealer and get them to install a replacement for you.
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2021 14:54:22(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Hm, on the Maerklinshop.de it’s stated that 260079 could be an alternative decoder but this also seems difficult to find...

Could any MTC21 decoder be used as an alternative?

Blink

The 37868 Marklin page does not list a sound file but the 37869 page (the version with the trailer) does have a sound file to download for an mSD3 decoder. I haven't checked the list of functions between the two but suspect they are the same.

So I would look at an mSD3 decoder with 37869 sound file. If you don't have a suitable programmer I'm sure someone would load it for you.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 03 April 2021 02:18:54(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
In relation with a problem I was having with my 37325 Re 6/6, I was told that decoders show up as out of stock on the Maerklin site, because they do not stock pre-programmed decoders.
You have to specify which model it is for and they will take a generic decoder from their inventory and program it for the model requested.
check with service(at)maerklin.de for more information.
I don't know whether your model was OEM ESU or Maerklin. For my OEM ESU models, I saved the profile using the Lokprogrammer and have on at least two occasions, reprogrammed a generic ESU unit to match the original Maerklin one which was toast.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c