Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Yann  
#1 Posted : 01 April 2021 19:12:11(UTC)
Yann

Belgium   
Last year in August I bought the Marklin starterset 29051 which includes two locomotives BR 151 and BR 218 and two mobile stations 60657.
Afterwards I bought extra rails and scenery and two extra locomotives.

But I am not so happy about the locomotives of the starterset. Cursing Cursing
BR 218: cardan shaft jumps out of its holder after a small collision. Happened a few times. I could fix it myself but always with the problem of breaking cable connections which have to be brazed afterwards. Now I glued the cardan shaft. Problem solved.
BR 152: I have send it back to the dealer and Marklin Germany already three times because it stops working without any reason. First time cable break inside, second time probably something with the decoder, third time again a failure in the decoder and today for the fourth time the locomotive went dead. I want my money back
Moreover the screen of the slave mobile station 60657 started to blink without any information of the locomotives.Confused
Has anyone had also bad experiences with these locomotives or the problem with the mobile station?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2021 03:02:50(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Sounds like a short circuit possibility. My MS2 occasionally blinks and reboots. I have a b4 152, the museum model with only horn sound. I removed the body, and when I put it back on, I pinched a wire between the frame and body. I am lucky it still runs, but one low beam headlight is out. It's the decoder. Yours may be a lemon.
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2021 11:11:36(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
The 29051 set comes with a br151 loc, not a 152. If you were sold it with the wrong locomotive, get a refund! The seller obviously swapped it because it's defective.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Yann  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2021 11:20:50(UTC)
Yann

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
The 29051 set comes with a br151 loc, not a 152. If you were sold it with the wrong locomotive, get a refund! The seller obviously swapped it because it's defective.

Indeed it's a BR 151, I mistyped it.BigGrin

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Yann
Offline hxmiesa  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2021 17:42:29(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Hi, I have the BR151 with the number "151 023-9". This seems to come from an older starter-set (with the MS1).
I bought it used, although it obviously had seen very little use (As-New).
Anyway I can´t be sure of anything, because somebody could have changed the shell.
The extra sound-board (not much more than a whistle) on board was already broken, and after a few runs the magic smoke also escaped from the deco.

As the loko ran pretty slow, even though I tried to tweak settings with my MS2, I suspected the motor from having some kind of problem. (Cleaning and changing of brushes did not solve the issue).
Finally I gave it 24V power, with the wheels running freely (not on a track). After a few seconds sparks were jumping out from the motor-shield, and I could clearly hear how rews were increasing and then even more sparks flying out.
After a short while motor seemed to run freely (and faster!) so the loko went back on track, where it now serves correctly.

Although this description doesn't really help YOU (the OP) because I run analog and thus don't need the deco: -It might help to indicate where the problem lies.
-Especially because something similar happened to a nice Ce 4/4 (also from a starter-set!) where the deco was ALSO fried because of excessive resistance in the running mechanism (in that case it was a mechanical obstruction in the gears).

Brute force. Not elegant, but sometimes it can be just what is needed.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com