Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ciobitud  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2021 20:15:02(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Hello,

I have just stumbled upon this brand ant their catalogs 2021 and 2020: https://www.trainsdepot....r_catalogs/?id=80&y=

Has anyone have their models? What is the quality?
I understand they are 10 years old and have their own factory in China where they mainly produce for other brands.

I am interested in the TWA 800B project as I already have the NME TWA 1060 coaches but they are a nightmare on Märklin rails: almost impossible to correctly pass over a switch and most of the times the result is a derailment...
In the introduction they say it is a project for another brand but didn't see anything in the 2021 novelties... NME announced TWA 800A coaches full metal (these seem to have a body in plastic) so it's not them...

Thank! ;)
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by ciobitud
Offline Tom Jessop  
#2 Posted : 01 April 2021 00:39:33(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

A lot of company names that most of us have never heard of . Heaps of interesting models to think about & then worry about how much it would cost to import to OZ or other countries . We can never stop learning about these smaller sometimes backyard companies who are producing magnificent models & wonder if we should buy them at some time in the future .

Thanks & cheers Tom in Oz.
Offline Copenhagen  
#3 Posted : 01 April 2021 01:24:10(UTC)
Copenhagen

Dekas is great quality. You may run into issues with wheel adjustments if you can't get AC wheels. Some of their rolling stock have small flanges that can have issues when pushed through turnouts (if it's the rearmost car). The wheels on the cars you mention seem to be fine though.
Offline Goofy  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2021 14:19:53(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: ciobitud Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

I have just stumbled upon this brand ant their catalogs 2021 and 2020: https://www.trainsdepot....r_catalogs/?id=80&y=

Has anyone have their models? What is the quality?
I understand they are 10 years old and have their own factory in China where they mainly produce for other brands.

I am interested in the TWA 800B project as I already have the NME TWA 1060 coaches but they are a nightmare on Märklin rails: almost impossible to correctly pass over a switch and most of the times the result is a derailment...
In the introduction they say it is a project for another brand but didn't see anything in the 2021 novelties... NME announced TWA 800A coaches full metal (these seem to have a body in plastic) so it's not them...

Thank! ;)

Dekas are cooperate with another company McK by produce their diesel locomotives by add som extra details with another names of the locomotive.
Dekas also produce wagons with nice details and they also sell AC wheels.
www.dekas.dk
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy
Offline LeoArietis  
#5 Posted : 08 December 2021 22:14:52(UTC)
LeoArietis

Sweden   
Amazing quality models, very detailed, but try to get hold of their 3R-wheel set as well.

One nice feature is that handrails are metal, and not flimsy plastic that will break.

Since the buffers often are a bit lower, it may be good to use some other coupling than Märklin standard close coupling.
Current layout:
http://www.svensktmjforu.../index.php?topic=10990.0
The former project:
http://www.svensktmjforu...forum_posts.asp?TID=1097
With Pictures and trackplans, but in Swedish
Transitation-curves in C-track:
https://www.marklin-user...9-on-75-cm.aspx#post9281
Offline Goofy  
#6 Posted : 18 December 2021 11:26:29(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: LeoArietis Go to Quoted Post
Amazing quality models, very detailed, but try to get hold of their 3R-wheel set as well.

One nice feature is that handrails are metal, and not flimsy plastic that will break.

Since the buffers often are a bit lower, it may be good to use some other coupling than Märklin standard close coupling.

There is some problems with the wagons on the three rail tracks.
Yes you need AC wheels because DC wheels have too small wheel flanges and it does not run well on the three rail tracks.

H0
DCC = Digital Command Control