Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Joakim_B  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2021 17:18:12(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Hallo and happy new year
I’ve discovered that after the latest CS3 SW update my Loksound MFX lok-decoders interferes with the CS3 when I enable the sound.
The CS3 continue to make this announcement: “The docoder was read…” and during that phase the CS3 behaves strange. E.g. cant read from S88 and other equipments. All other decoders like Loksound M4 and Märklins own decoders work normaly.
Anyone know what to do? Crying
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 13 January 2021 21:33:51(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Joakim
Happy new year to you too.

I received my CS3 recently (Noël 2020) so my experience is limited and more with CS2 which I use a lot since 2010.

On my CS3 (60226) with the latest s/w 2.2.0 (5) and with a Loksound 5 Micro I just installed on my festival train, I observe nothing of the kind.
So it is may be not systematic (not every time) but due to a cause I don't know.
Just a wild guess: it may be due to incorrect first time registration. So best is to register it anew (by registering your train to another MFX at a friend's or Club
Note: the MFX protocol has higher priority over DCC but the decoder knows all theses protocols and it is a good practice to disable the DCC protocol on your CS3 (but I haven't done it for my tests)
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline phils2um  
#3 Posted : 15 January 2021 11:16:21(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
I have not verified this but you may not need to register you lok on a friends mfx controller before re-registering it on you own CS3/CS3+. I think if you turn off mfx and mm protocols and operate the lok using DCC on your CS3 the decoder may reset. Try putting the lok on the programming track and delete it from your lok list. Add the lok as a DCC protocol lok with mfx and mm protocols off. It will still have the DCC default address of 3 unless you have changed it. Operate the lok using DCC for a few minutes then remove it from the track. I would then reboot the CS3. Turn mfx back on, put the lok on the programming track again and allow the lok to register itself once more.

I speculate that this may work as it has been found that the Märklin mfx decoders used in LGB locos must be operated on a DCC only system in order to read or modify CVs using DCC. If the decoder is not first operated on a DCC system (using its existing DCC short address) any attempt to read or change CV values using DCC results in garbage.

Also, don't forget you always have the option to do a factory reset of the decoder. You could also do this by writing 8 into CV8 when in DCC mode. That will definitely clear out any prior mfx registration data from the decoder
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline rhfil  
#4 Posted : 15 January 2021 17:20:12(UTC)
rhfil

United States   
I have a number of loks which have been upgraded with ESU decoders and a CS3+ and have not encountered any problems with the loks registering. I was told that you should not use the programming track when registering a Mfx lok. I just put the new lok on the track and just wait for the CS3+ to find it. Has worked perfectly every time. I think the secret is waiting.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by rhfil
Offline Joakim_B  
#5 Posted : 17 January 2021 09:17:09(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Thank you for good input. I have not yet found the reason but “I’ll be back” and give you all a status or the solution :-)
Offline Joakim_B  
#6 Posted : 13 March 2021 15:17:59(UTC)
Joakim_B

Denmark   
Dear all in this post
I've found out that my problem only exist in few ESU Loksound version 3.0. Likely a fault in those however other version 3.0 have not this problem.
They have now been changed to the new version 5 and I have no longer this problem BigGrin
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Joakim_B