Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline spc89  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2021 20:04:29(UTC)
spc89

United States   
I am receiving this message on my 60216: An overload situation has occurred at Device GFP3 - Channel 1. It is a k track layout and i receive the message with clicking at one end of my layout. The layout has a 2290 feeder track connected to a BUS which is connected to a CS3+ (20616) with a 60045 power pack. I switched out the tracks, including the feeder track, where the problem was happening and it did not correct. I appreciate any help.
Offline rbw993  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2021 03:25:10(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Are both the Cs2 And CS3+ connected to the layout? Only one should be connected unless they are attached to their own block with center rail insulated between. This in effect uses the CS2 s a booster.

Roger
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2021 03:38:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
Are both the Cs2 And CS3+ connected.......

Who said anything about a CS2?

60216 is a CS3+.

The first thing to do is to disconnect the CS3+ from the layout completely. Does the problem still persist? If it does you have a faulty CS3+.

Then break up the layout into sections by removing tracks every so often. Disconnect all the feeder tracks to those sections. Start off with the first section and connect the CS3+ to it, does the problem happen then?

If not add the 2nd section and so on until the problem occurs. That's the section that's causing the issue. Investigate further within that section until you locate the problem.

If the problem is a track short it could be something as small as a piece of metal or a small screw that's causing the short. Have you been drilling or screwing track down or using screws nearby track any time lately? I'd start there if you have. In other words, what has changed since you last had the layout working?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline rbw993  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2021 03:43:45(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
OOPS
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993
Offline spc89  
#5 Posted : 01 March 2021 04:48:16(UTC)
spc89

United States   
Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
Are both the Cs2 And CS3+ connected.......

Who said anything about a CS2?

60216 is a CS3+.

The first thing to do is to disconnect the CS3+ from the layout completely. Does the problem still persist? If it does you have a faulty CS3+.

Then break up the layout into sections by removing tracks every so often. Disconnect all the feeder tracks to those sections. Start off with the first section and connect the CS3+ to it, does the problem happen then?

If not add the 2nd section and so on until the problem occurs. That's the section that's causing the issue. Investigate further within that section until you locate the problem.

If the problem is a track short it could be something as small as a piece of metal or a small screw that's causing the short. Have you been drilling or screwing track down or using screws nearby track any time lately? I'd start there if you have. In other words, what has changed since you last had the layout working?

Thank you. It is a new layout.

Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 01 March 2021 17:21:16(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
When the short is discovered you need to start the CS3 Plus again. AS BigD says splitting the layout should find the fault or at least the section where it is.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline spc89  
#7 Posted : 02 March 2021 03:43:40(UTC)
spc89

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
When the short is discovered you need to start the CS3 Plus again. AS BigD says splitting the layout should find the fault or at least the section where it is.

Thank you very much.