Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline tomdakl  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2021 09:45:34(UTC)
tomdakl

New Zealand   
Dear All,

Last year I got a beautiful Marklin 37547 Cisalpin Train.
Beautiful, but totally dead, and after many emails with the dealer and Marklin (in 99% it is the couplings ...) I finally tracked the issue down to a dead decoder. Putting in a new mSD3 brought the train to life.

Unfortunately there is no "project" on the Marklin site for this model.
Does anybody in the community have access to a readout of the decoder for this model?
I'm especially interested in the engine types (CV52) as you might imagine.

I've solved the Aux4 changeover setting and that works now beautifully, but the engine does not run as smoothly with the "Glockenmoter" setting as I would hope for.

Thanks,
Thomas

Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2021 21:35:34(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I am not sure what to tell you. There may be a project for either the 39540 Gottardo or the 37546 Graues Maus.
The first one had a C-Sine motor, so I doubt that the settings can be used for any of the later models.
The 37546 had a can motor from what I remember. I think that there were other differences between this model and the later Cisalpin version, but this may be the closest.

ESU has a package for the Rae Gottardo, but I don't think you can write that onto a mSD3.

I would take the decoder to a dealer (if you have one) to have it tested. They may be able to download the data with a CS (if they have one) and copy it to your mSD3.

You best option might be to try to get in touch with Maerklin's US digital experts or with Herr Stelzer (Maerklin Switzerland) if you can write in German.
The standard Goeppingen email will get you an automatic reply and an invitation to send the model home for verification.

I think that you need to make sure that your decoder also has directional inversion of pickup for this model.

Things to note: https://static.maerklin....96dce522111434542654.pdf

If the connection was not made, the model could appear dead if no power was reaching the motor unit from the pilot coach at the lead.
Test using just the motor unit and the two pilot coaches and then add more coaches as you go.

Regards

Mike C
Offline tomdakl  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2021 00:39:14(UTC)
tomdakl

New Zealand   
Thanks Mike,
you gave me the idea to go through the various models and see which one has a similar motor.

From the Marklin site I found the following match :
Model Beschreibung, Jahr Motor Ersatzteil Number
37547 Cisalpin,2014 E238116
37546 Graue Maus,2009 145451
39540 Gottardo, 2007 230592
39706 Edelweiss,2020 238116

and fortunately I have the 39706 and it in turn had a Marklin "Project" on their site which pointed to a DC motor (hard).

So, next I will program a decoder to drive the Cisalpin motor the same way and see if that is any better.

Any attempt to read out the original decoder just led to ....
Deadasadodo.png

I'll get back with the results in a few days.

I would still be grateful for anyone with a full readout of the real Cisalpin ...

Thanks
Thomas
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2021 22:42:57(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi
Remember to also do an Automatic calibration run, (see instructions in the decoder manual)

The DC soft engine might be worth a try, if you are not happy with the DC hard. And as you have discovered, quite often you can use a different decoder project as a starting point. the only locomotive I have with an e238116 motor is the 37797 but that is a dual installation and uses motor type 8.

A full readout from a factory decoder is not possible using the decoder tool software.

you might try to email Marklin and explain the situation and ask for the decoder project for the 37547

Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 07 March 2021 04:40:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I have a decoder issue with one of my Maerklin locos, which is not related to your Cisalpin issue, but one of the replies to my question yielded the response that decoders always show as out of stock, because they don't maintain an inventory or specifically programmed decoders, but rather they have a stock of suitable decoders and then program them for the settings of that model when required for repairs/replacement.

This answer leads me to believe that this may also be the solution to your issue.

You should contact service(at)maerklin.de and find out if they can program a new decoder for you.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline eduard71  
#6 Posted : 29 April 2021 21:22:32(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi Thomas,

The Marklin database does not contain the project fo the Cisalpine, but you have the possibility to request the decoder in Marklin (expensive and will take time) or also you can find a dealer that can sell to you and ESU Loksound 5 (59419 MTC 21) and tell the dealer to record the project of the Cisapline (TEE RAe II "Gottardo") on it. Actually the sounds of this project are better than the sounds of Marklin, it even has two station announcements one in German and one in Italian depending of the direction of the train. These decoders also have the autocalibration option than can make the process of motor adaptation very easy.
You probably will need to map the aux function for lights and to control the pickup shoe but looks that you have already made that with the Marklin decoder, so it should be no problem.
Regarding the the 39540 Gottardo or the 37546 Graues Maus, there are no projects for them becouse they came with a simple sound module that only has a station announcement and a fan.

I actually change the decoder in my 39540 and in the 37546 of a friend using ESU decoders the results is amaizing. I now have the 37547 and I miss the Italian announcement but in general it has very nice sounds.

By the way, try to test the original decoder in another locomotive with a 21 pin connector, in this way you will be sure that is dead.

Regards

Eduardo

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by eduard71