Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline marklinist5999  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2021 23:39:15(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Hi, I have pre ordered this locomotive due 3rd, quarter 2021. I wanted this color scheme munich-Zurich. The Marklin model from last year has sold out.
I know the sound functions will work, but Zemo uses Railcom sound, etc. I am curious as to weather the Z21 cab driver feature might work with my CS3, as the "world of operation" feature. The model has an MX645 or MX646 DCC decoder per the Roco site description.
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2021 16:51:05(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I ordered the Maerklin version. I do not know if I will also get the Roco one.
Just because Maerklin says an item has sold out, it means that there are no units remaining in the warehouse or that all models are spoken for.
It does not mean that the item is not still sitting on the shelves at a number of dealers. The model can still readily be found, although if a dealer only ordered quantities for pre-orders, they might not have it in stock. Check with Swiss or German dealers and you will likely find that model.

I have almost all of the Roco Re 4/4 models. I do not have have either a Z21 or a CS3, so I cannot speak to functions of World of Operation or Cab Driver.
Perhaps somebody who has used Roco models with a CS3 can provide more information?

You can obtain more info about the Z21 from the roco.cc site or z21.eu. More info about Zimo at their website and Maerklin should have info about the CS3 on their site.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2021 21:10:11(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
BigGrin
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I ordered the Maerklin version. I do not know if I will also get the Roco one.
Just because Maerklin says an item has sold out, it means that there are no units remaining in the warehouse or that all models are spoken for.
It does not mean that the item is not still sitting on the shelves at a number of dealers. The model can still readily be found, although if a dealer only ordered quantities for pre-orders, they might not have it in stock. Check with Swiss or German dealers and you will likely find that model.

I have almost all of the Roco Re 4/4 models. I do not have have either a Z21 or a CS3, so I cannot speak to functions of World of Operation or Cab Driver.
Perhaps somebody who has used Roco models with a CS3 can provide more information?

You can obtain more info about the Z21 from the roco.cc site or z21.eu. More info about Zimo at their website and Maerklin should have info about the CS3 on their site.

Regards

Mike C

Thank's Mike! I have read the Z21 descriptives. My Marklin 39212 br 212 has world of operation. It's neat! With no local dealer, I have not found a Marklin SBB 421 Mucich-Zurich model online. One in Miami Fla. states they will order but do not know if the supply is exhausted.
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 12 February 2021 23:04:01(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post

Thank's Mike! I have read the Z21 descriptives. My Marklin 39212 br 212 has world of operation. It's neat! With no local dealer, I have not found a Marklin SBB 421 Munich-Zurich model online. One in Miami Fla. states they will order but do not know if the supply is exhausted.

For the 37473, you can try the following dealers in USA who may have ordered in excess of pre-orders:

Reynaulds IL
AJCkids TX
Euromodeltrains NJ
RJF Trains NY

In Canada:
Hobbytech AB
Eurorailhobbies BC

From Europe:
https://artuffo.com
www.treintjeoost.nl
https://www.modeltreinen.nl/

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline marklinist5999  
#5 Posted : 23 February 2021 21:47:04(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post

Thank's Mike! I have read the Z21 descriptives. My Marklin 39212 br 212 has world of operation. It's neat! With no local dealer, I have not found a Marklin SBB 421 Munich-Zurich model online. One in Miami Fla. states they will order but do not know if the supply is exhausted.

For the 37473, you can try the following dealers in USA who may have ordered in excess of pre-orders:

Reynaulds IL
AJCkids TX
Euromodeltrains NJ
RJF Trains NY

In Canada:
Hobbytech AB
Eurorailhobbies BC

From Europe:
https://artuffo.com
www.treintjeoost.nl
https://www.modeltreinen.nl/

Regards

Mike C
I did, all sold out!

Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 24 February 2021 05:02:04(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
TreintjeOost still has in stock. They were very helpful when I was looking for the 47051 Samskip cars.

Artuffo also states in stock.

Both EUR 350. Ask for the VAT rebate.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline marklinist5999  
#7 Posted : 02 March 2021 01:23:24(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
BigGrin
TreintjeOost still has in stock. They were very helpful when I was looking for the 47051 Samskip cars.

Artuffo also states in stock.

Both EUR 350. Ask for the VAT rebate.

Regards

Mike C
I was ordering a few track pieces and traction tires yesterday and saw AJCkids had a Marklin 37473 in stock. I e-mailed and aksed if it was available, and I bought it today.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999