Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Umesh  
#1 Posted : 23 February 2021 15:04:37(UTC)
Umesh

India   
I have a CS3 and a CS3+. I want to use them in combination: one as a main (master), and the other as an auxiliary (slave). I have the connecting cable 60123. When I try to convert the CS3+ controller to act as an aux, the switch for conversion is disabled. I have updated both my controllers to v2.2.

Under the "systems" screen, while the reference appears for selecting "main/aux", the check box is disabled and does not allow either of the controllers to be assigned as an aux (slave). Consequently, when I connect both the controllers with the 60123 cable and switch on the power, both controllers generate an error stating that both are designated as "main", and therefore, the system does not start.

Request help and advice on how to convert the CS3 or the CS3+ to aux (slave). Any guidance is highly appreciated.

NB: Both controllers are planned to be used through one track supply through CS3+/CS3 on a single track layout with multiple locos.

Thanks
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 23 February 2021 15:22:50(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi {no first name}

I haven't done it myself with CS3 but only with CS2.

If you understand German, please watch this video

It recommends to connect both CS3 & CS3+ with an Ethernet connection through a router and using the automatic address assignment feature (DHCP)
When the CS3+ is declared as a slave unit, it will reboot

When both units are connected, connect cable 60123 to the appropriate connectors (both extremities are different)
Then both CS3 can be synchronized. The master (CS3 60226) starts downloading files to the slave unit (CS3+)

Note: Because I had two 60215, I tried to use them in Master / Slave mode and was very disappointed (loads of constrains for little advantages but this was with CS2s not CS3s)
Cheers
Jean.

Edited by user 24 February 2021 01:13:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified