Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline aclassifier  
#1 Posted : 19 February 2021 18:32:01(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Hi, I need a turnout on my shelf's railway strip [1] (plus attached).

I have an S'ish curve made from two 3/4 length 59035. I simply need, going from the right in the figure, to turn out to the left to a new parallel track. I need to turn left between points 4 and 5 in the figure, going from the left to the right.

I will make the turnout from, again, two 3/4 59035. I need to add some more area to the shelf, on the left side.

I think it may be called a symmetrical two-way turnout, since both sides of the turnout will be curved 3/4 59035.

This is long enough to complete a turnout, so there will clearly be two track connection points at the two "fan-outs".

A half 59035 is not enough. So I was lucky, because I didn't think of this last year.

I thought to make this by inspecting thoroughly how the 59088 + 59092 are built, and just copy what I see. I have ordered a set, nice to have on the next holiday floor layout anyhow.

Any other suggestions? Recipes? Pitfalls?

[1] https://www.teigfam.net/oyvind/home/models/201-my-krokis-notes/#msrs_v20 (Disclaimer: no income, gifts etc. Just fun and expensenses with my blog notes)

MSRS v.2.0
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by aclassifier
Offline Purellum  
#2 Posted : 19 February 2021 19:37:18(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

If you look at PECO 0-scale, you might find a little help BigGrin

I know it's not the right size, and probably not the right exit angle; but take a look anyway Blink
'
https://peco-uk.com/coll.../y-turnout-medium-radius

They even have this nice PDF: https://cdn.shopify.com/....pdf?3933759673765583712

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline aclassifier  
#3 Posted : 20 February 2021 10:00:21(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Fantastic! Thanks a lot, you looping self-signatur-zerstörter! Øyvind
Offline hennebror  
#4 Posted : 21 February 2021 18:18:36(UTC)
hennebror

United States   
I don't have anything to offer towards your question, but wanted to say thank you for sharing your blog. I spent my Sunday morning sipping coffee and reading through your journey with the crocodile. I really enjoyed it!

I inherited my Father's marklin 5758 crocodile when he passed and look forward to building a small shuttle layout similar to yours. Thank you and I'll be checking back for updates!
Cheers!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennebror
Offline aclassifier  
#5 Posted : 21 February 2021 20:10:02(UTC)
aclassifier

Norway   
Thanks a lot, @hennebror!

You made my day! It's so nice to get some comments from readers! Do enjoy your late father's 5758 crocodile!

I see that I say in the note that the revision date is "(revision 24.12?.47)". Is it possible that you could check it out for me? I only tried to read it on some picture, I can't remember where. I don't have it in any catalogue, at that time H0 was alone.

Øyvind