Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GenDemo  
#1 Posted : 17 February 2021 11:48:08(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Hi all

Here is another ‘difference’ between questions. I do appologise but I find it very difficult to find the technical and/or superficial differences between some locos.

I would really appreaciate your input on when the difference between the 39098 and the 37095 models are - both on a model train level (example the one has a a steam function and 4 sounds. While the other one only has 2 sounds) and a little on the superficial detail (example the ons has the long vertical baffles at the front of the boiler, whilst the other has none). I know the one is a model of a BR85 vs the other a model of a BR95 - but I dont know what that means.
I am trying to figure out why there would be such a big price difference between the two.

Best regards
GD
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 17 February 2021 14:07:03(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: GenDemo Go to Quoted Post
I know the one is a model of a BR85 vs the other a model of a BR95 - but I dont know what that means.
A VW Beetle is one car, a Fiat 500 is another. Both share the same wheel configuration, but HP and max speed vary.

I am trying to figure out why there would be such a big price difference between the two.
One is a model from 1985 with not so many separately applied details, the other one is a more recent mould with better detailing.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline GenDemo  
#3 Posted : 18 February 2021 10:13:59(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Quote:
A VW Beetle is one car, a Fiat 500 is another. Both share the same wheel configuration, but HP and max speed vary.
Yeah I get that obviously. But the both look really similar to me - apart from the obvious baffles on the front of the boiler.

Quote:
One is a model from 1985 with not so many separately applied details, the other one is a more recent mould with better detailing.

And yet both are digital? I cant imagine both are mfx? Or do you mean the one is a delta chip?

Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 18 February 2021 10:26:26(UTC)
H0

And yet both are digital? I cant imagine both are mfx? Or do you mean the one is a delta chip?
All 37xx/37xxx locos are digital.
37095 is fx with DIP switches, 37096 is mfx.

Both classes look very similar, but BR 95.0 is Borsig design from the early 1920s while BR 85 is a Henschel design from the early 1930s which has many parts in common with BR 44.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline GenDemo  
#5 Posted : 18 February 2021 10:36:15(UTC)
GenDemo

Australia   
Thank you. That is very helpful. 😃

I presume you made a typo on the 37096 and meant 39098?

Now I have to check what my trains are. Their chips have dip switches, but I was sure that they are mfx. I know they are not mfx+
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 18 February 2021 10:58:40(UTC)
H0

I presume you made a typo on the 37096 and meant 39098?
No, 37096 is a newer release of BR 85 with mfx.
mfx decoders never have DIP switches for address selection.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage