Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Harvey  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2021 17:53:52(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Just looking for other members' opinions and experience.

I recently purchased and assembled two model kits from Walthers and feel their quality is quite poor. Specifically, their Cornerstone Merchants Row IV (933-4040) and Life Link Trains (433-1390). The Merchants Row kit of plastic parts had many parts where the part number could not be read due to small size and lack of color distinction between the part and plastic it was attached to. Fortunately, the diagram was sufficiently clear and detailed to allow for sorting this out. The Firehouse kit was much worse. Part numbers could not be read, some parts had no number identifying them, some parts appear to be needed only once but several are included. Also the instructions is condensed in one view - in other words not a different chart for each side of the structure. Condensing this all onto one chart added to the challenge. My best guess is that the box includes parts not needed for this kit but fortunately, I believe no parts are missing - just can not identify all the parts. On this last comment, I found part numbers that are not on the diagram.

Appreciate hearing your experience with Walthers model kits.

Harvey

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harvey
Offline jerdenberg  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2021 09:38:18(UTC)
jerdenberg

Netherlands   
I have built one Cornerstone kit, which did not pose any problem; although I messed up on some detail, I do like the result (click image for original):

UserPostedImage

Jeroen
Figomima division, UP; mostly figment of my imagination yet.