Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#1 Posted : 29 December 2020 22:56:15(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Hi all,

So I think I've always had this problem whereby my CS2 commands for left or right step turn of my 7286 turntable controlled by the LDT TT-DEC does not work properly.
What I mean by that is, it turns but it keeps turning for what seems a random amount, around 15 steps instead of 1.
It had previously worked fine for single steps using the manual controller, though I have since sold the manual controller so I can't re-test.
Note I did have the problem previously where single steps never worked with the manual controller but I found the problem and fixed it:
https://www.marklin-user...d-no-stepping#post567602

My TT-DEC has been configured/adjusted and works OK with using the position numbers.
Using the manual lever on the underside of the 7286 turntable works fine for single steps.

Anyone with LDT TT-DEC experienced this? Not sure if its a programming thing or faulty decoder or the 7286 itself.
There is no 'troubleshooting' in the manual or anything that refers to this problem so it has not been much help.
Otherwise I see my options are to either factory reset the decoder or e-mail LDT.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline PMPeter  
#2 Posted : 30 December 2020 18:27:22(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
After our Private Message exchange I have thought about 3 things that may be causing you a problem.

1. To program LDT decoders from the CS2, you need to clear any Locos from the left and right control display. The indication needs to be No Loco on both sides. This I found out the hard way by having to contact LDT and them sending me the appropriate instruction sheet explaining this after I had major problems trying to program their decoders.

2. Both keyboard pages 14 and 15 need to be set up for the LDT TT-Dec. Somewhere it said you could use either keyboard page, but for me it only worked if I selected both pages.

3. If you have your turntable configured on a Layout screen, the turntable icons and functions changed several CS2 updates ago and all of the associated functions stopped working on my CS2 Layout screen after that. I have not bothered correcting this because I can either control my TT from pages 14 and 15 or RocRail.

Hope this additional info may help.

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 03 January 2021 00:33:20(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post

2. Both keyboard pages 14 and 15 need to be set up for the LDT TT-Dec. Somewhere it said you could use either keyboard page, but for me it only worked if I selected both pages.

3. If you have your turntable configured on a Layout screen, the turntable icons and functions changed several CS2 updates ago and all of the associated functions stopped working on my CS2 Layout screen after that. I have not bothered correcting this because I can either control my TT from pages 14 and 15 or RocRail.

Peter

My CS2 shows the turntable on page 1, single page. It was like this when I received it (2nd hand) and I don't think/know if that is a problem though I don't know how to change it to a 2 page setup?
I also don't know what you mean by setting the page for LDT TT-DEC. When I touch edit on one of the turntable functions mine says it is set as 7686/7687 and I can't see an option for LDT TT-DEC?
Offline PMPeter  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2021 02:06:42(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
It will not work if your CS2 has the turntable controls set up on the CS2 Keyboard page 1. You need to re-program your page 1 for the standard red and green buttons. Then you need to go to keyboard page 14 and on the CS2 select turntable which will then populate that keyboard page with the appropriate function buttons. Once you have that set up you can then go ahead with the LDT TT decoder setup. Depending on the number of spoke tracks that you have, you may need to set up page 15 as turntable as well.

Peter
Offline applor  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2021 02:32:12(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: PMPeter Go to Quoted Post
It will not work if your CS2 has the turntable controls set up on the CS2 Keyboard page 1. You need to re-program your page 1 for the standard red and green buttons. Then you need to go to keyboard page 14 and on the CS2 select turntable which will then populate that keyboard page with the appropriate function buttons. Once you have that set up you can then go ahead with the LDT TT decoder setup. Depending on the number of spoke tracks that you have, you may need to set up page 15 as turntable as well.

Peter

OK Thanks, I have changed it over. I have 48 spoke tracks so I need both 14 and 15. If I set 15 to 7686/7687 turntable it shows as a second turntable, rather than showing track spokes 25 to 48 - is that correct?
Looking at the LDT manual it says DCC or MM is fine, so I have chosen DCC - do you use DCC or MM?
Offline PMPeter  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2021 02:55:57(UTC)
PMPeter

Canada   
I use DCC.

I just checked my CS2 and yes both pages 14 and 15 show the same spoke track numbering. I believe that is because if you have less than 24 you could set up either page 14 or 15 as your control, but if you have more than 24 you need to set up page 14 for 1 - 24 and page 15 for 25 - 48 (you should be able to change the numbers on 15 as you add a track).

Remember to program your LDT with No Locos shown on the CS2. I made the mistake of trying it with a loco shown and it screwed everything up and I had to start over based on the LDT decoder programing information regarding a CS2.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PMPeter
Offline applor  
#7 Posted : 03 January 2021 04:21:07(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Thanks Peter I have it all working properly now.

It was Interesting I had to adjust the frequency pot when I had already done that previously as part of programming.
But after doing that the turn steps all worked fine and I have since programmed the track connections now too (I had done that previously though)

I realize now when you need the 2 pages for the TT to do all 48 tracks but given that it has 180d bridge I can get away with only using one page, so I changed page 15 back to turnouts.

Now I have to get it working properly with Rocrail.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline mvd71  
#8 Posted : 18 January 2021 08:59:39(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi guys,

I'm having issues trying to program it with the CS3. Completely unresponsive.But with a 6021 I can program it no problem.

Anyone done it with the CS3?

Cheers....

Mike
Offline mvd71  
#9 Posted : 18 January 2021 09:13:00(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Please disregard. fixed by reconnecting the wire that dropped out!

cheers....

mike