Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Railman  
#1 Posted : 28 December 2020 15:01:32(UTC)
Railman

United Kingdom   
I have just purchased a CS3 controller with Massoth 8156101 4 channel switch decoders. How do I use the CS3 to re-programme the decoders please.
Offline Donb  
#2 Posted : 28 December 2020 16:35:24(UTC)
Donb

Canada   
Greetings,

Looking at the CS3 2.0 manual, to reprogramme the decoder it appears that you would need to connect your massoth decoder to the programming track output of the CS3, then on the CS3 'add new loco' manually, in the Info tab set the decoder type to DCC and address 3.
Then go into the Configuration tab and adjust the appropriate CV's according to the Massoth manual.
Someone with a CS 3 can confirm this. This is essentially how I reprogramme switch/accessory decoders with my Commander.

Cheers!
Best Regards,
Don
___________________________________________________________________________________
CS3, ( Commander is now retired) , C track and Z scale, mostly DB/DR and SBB, SJ
Offline Railman  
#3 Posted : 28 December 2020 17:57:56(UTC)
Railman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Donb Go to Quoted Post
Greetings,

Looking at the CS3 2.0 manual, to reprogramme the decoder it appears that you would need to connect your massoth decoder to the programming track output of the CS3, then on the CS3 'add new loco' manually, in the Info tab set the decoder type to DCC and address 3.
Then go into the Configuration tab and adjust the appropriate CV's according to the Massoth manual.
Someone with a CS 3 can confirm this. This is essentially how I reprogramme switch/accessory decoders with my Commander.

Cheers!

Hi Don, thanks very much for your reply, I'll have a go at that, and report back. Best regards. Alan