Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline robertgulya  
#1 Posted : 23 May 2020 06:44:15(UTC)
robertgulya

Hungary   
Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Märklin 29721 steam loco ( BR 94 713) with a starter set. All the digital functions seem to be fine but the loco is unreliable when running and sometimes stops especially in low speed. If it stops there is no sign of electricity coming though at all (light and sounds stops as well.) I've already checked the loco with direct contact and that case it is running perfectly. But if I put in on the track it looks like the pick up shoe makes a bad connection. Not sure if this is the problem though. Has anyone had the same issue? Thanks! Robert
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 23 May 2020 07:36:28(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
This loco BR94 has been discussed here before with regards to grease getting into the motor. Some new out of the box locomotives were found to be over greased if I can describe it like that from the factory causing motor running / failure problems. I don't say that this has anything to do with your locomotive but you should just be aware of this issue. I am sure other members can elaborate on this in more detail. Have a look at this:

https://www.marklin-users.net/fo...7292-BR-94-fried-decoder

Now to get back to your original problem, I suggest you make sure the track is clean including the center stud's. The loco being new has anodized wheels that with time will wear & make better contact with the outer rails.The slider contacts being under the slider where it makes contact with the copper tab may have become oxidized & may need to be removed & cleaned to make better contact. In the booklet on page 8 it describes not very clearly how to remove the shoe. I think when proper contact with the rails is made your loco will run just fine & remember about the grease issue some have had with this loco. Other than that it is a great little loco.

Dave...

Edited by user 23 May 2020 23:33:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

D.A.Banks
Offline Rinke Blok  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2020 17:59:13(UTC)
Rinke Blok

Goodafternoon all,
brought a 29721 starterset in with the 94 713 loco. Built a whole layout and test ran it a few times. When it came to present the layout the loco ran 2 rounds and got stuck, decoder in so far as sound and lights still working. Push loco, she hops for 15mm.
When I took loco off I found the valve gear all damaged and the screw of second axle totally protruding, as in loose. It fell out.
Same scew (bolt actually) on other side of axle also loose.
Now stripping, flattening all conrods and reassembling, hope it does the trick. Obviously the quartering on front 2 axles was totally out.
Question, does front conrod sit outside main conrod or inside?
Regards,
Rinke
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2020 21:00:29(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
D.A.Banks
Offline Rinke Blok  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2020 21:45:33(UTC)
Rinke Blok

thank you Dave.
going to test tomorrow.