Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#1 Posted : 18 December 2020 14:28:13(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Everyone,
I tried to search the forum for 45088 and couldn’t get any hits.
So here is my question:
Märklin announced for Summer 2019 release of DRG Luftwaffe Messerschmitt Bf 109 Transport Set. Which supposed to accompany their BR 42 locomotive in WW2 Tarnung Painting.
What’s interesting dealers were allowing to purchase only 2 sets [per customer ] but only when BR 42 was purchased at the same time. ( true or not not sure )

UserPostedImage

When finally Märklin would stop making those “fantasy runs” and will produce decent DRG WW2 Set ? If they want to make WW2 set to push the sale of BR42 locomotive then why don’t you do it right - by right I mean decent ( read correct) scale painting.It looks to me as they painted it sort off camouflage colors slapped on couple of Balkan crosses put two ugly looking planes on Augsburg flat cars and they hope that set will sell ( they can get away with that as they did with Junkers F13 which was much better designed and executed venue)
Well - Not in my book, when Märklin asks 450 USD for locomotive and 80 USD for 2 cars. That is over 600 USD for one ugly looking set.
So if anyone owns this set please add your comments, and review details / pictures above/.
Simply,I am curious what others think about it.
Definitely Lilliput / picture below/ was able to do it right for half the price / scan below/ why Märklin could not do it - it’s beyond me ?

UserPostedImage

Meanwhile Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
Regards,
Märklineisenbahn

Edited by user 19 December 2020 19:01:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Marklineisenbahn
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2020 03:34:03(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Marklineisenbahn Go to Quoted Post
... and they hope that set will sell ( they can get away with that as they did with Junkers F13 which was much better designed and executed venue)
Well - Not in my book, when Märklin asks 450 USD for locomotive and 80 USD for 2 cars. That is over 600 USD for one ugly looking set.
So if anyone owns this set please add your comments, and review details / pictures above/.

Meanwhile Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays
Regards,
Märklineisenbahn

Hello Jerry,

I am interested in your comments about this set.
I do not own any of the airplane sets that Märklin have offered over the years mainly because I was unsure of the provenance.
Did they carry airplane parts etc (yes that seems OK), but did they travel with propellors fitted (that does not seem OK)?
I may be wrong.

Anyway their other sets in HO included
45097 Messerschmitt ME 109
45093 Junkers F13
45090 Messerschmitt ME 109

The problem with a lot of model railroad aretefacts (including flugzeug sets) is that our perspective of historical events and factual accuracies is very compromised.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2020 10:01:29(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, I guess if these were aircraft used after heavy pilot losses they would be transported on any flat car available to supply airfields. The more sturdy types being used for vehicles. I’m not sure about the aircraft paint job. It does look wrong. But I guess it’s up to the model aircraft supplier to provide an accurate prototype. I believe there Busch items. I personally would repaint them? If I was interested. I’m surprised Marklin went there. Since piece is a happier place to be. And there’s lots more interesting loads for your freight cars. I would have preferred 1970s tractors on flat cars.
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman