Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#1 Posted : 08 December 2020 15:53:35(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looking for some Marklin 73406 sliders for coaches. Gaugemaster of course have none. Anybody know of a UK shop that has some in stock. Thanks for any help.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 08 December 2020 16:09:09(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 08 December 2020 17:25:58(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks John. All appear to be coming from Germany. Shipping plus a delay is not great. Was looking for a UK dealer where I can get quickly but so far can not find any. If stuck will order from MSL along with another order that I might need in the future and meanwhile my Preiserlings will be in the dark. I have more locos than the main dealer and agent for Marklin in the UK.

Hope things are getting better for you and your family.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline Michael4  
#4 Posted : 08 December 2020 17:35:18(UTC)
Michael4

United Kingdom   
I know he's in Italy (Bologna) but Flavio Dagostin does seem to have most stuff and is as quick as the post allows.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/s...occodrillo114?_bkw=73406

£3.64 plus £1.18 post

Shipping seems to be generally cheaper than Germany too.

It is a strange world where someone in the UK buys stuff made in Germany from someone in Italy...
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Michael4
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 08 December 2020 20:25:18(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post

Thanks John. All appear to be coming from Germany. Shipping plus a delay is not great. Was looking for a UK dealer where I can get quickly but so far can not find any. If stuck will order from MSL along with another order that I might need in the future and meanwhile my Preiserlings will be in the dark. I have more locos than the main dealer and agent for Marklin in the UK.
David

You could try http://www.mount-tabor-models.co.uk/ who are the other dealer in the UK.

I don't think Model Masters in Somerset actively sell Marklin, but may be worth a phone call or email.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline river6109  
#6 Posted : 09 December 2020 07:08:54(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: river6109 Go to Quoted Post

Hope things are getting better for you and your family.

David

You would have thought Preiserlinge would have come up with an idea how to lighten up the carriage(s), I mean they have been able to uncouple carriages, drive locos, give the all clear green signal, take photos, work on farms,
so far my brother is concerned its in the air , received a video yesterday and he can scratch his head with his fingers, most probably wonders what it is all about. he is still paralyzed on 1 side but other than that I don't seem to get proper information about his health or sickness., most the time I've received personal information from family members but I don't know whether they have been relayed from a doctors point of view., he was released from the Covid19 section of the hospital and is now back in the general hospital ward and it looks like they've got rid of his lung infection but what life will be if he does recover is anybodies guess., he is not a person who takes doctors orders or recommendations and fails to recognize the seriousness if he doesn't take medicine the state he is in he suffers the consequences.

I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, will you be home for Christmas ?

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline David Dewar  
#7 Posted : 09 December 2020 23:36:34(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi John. Looks like some better news and hopefully this will continue. We are just at home with dogs this year on our own. I have heart problems so dont get out much while the virus is on the go.

Plenty of Marklin time when Santa arrives

All best wishes to you and family and hope the New Year will be good for all of you.

David
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar