Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline johnmarklin  
#1 Posted : 29 November 2020 12:49:47(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Good morning fellow enthusiasts.
I am looking for your assistance and advice. I recently bought a Marklin locomotive fitted with a Loksound 5 decoder. When I put the loco on the track it was detected by the CS2 as MFX but the locomotive would not work. I replaced the decoder and all worked perfectly. I put the Loksound aside until I had more time to examine and test it. I used an ESU decoder tester which indicates that the decoder is working. I installed it in another locomotive, again the same issue. The CS2 recognises loco as MFX but the loco does not function. Out of curiosity I tried the loco with an Intellibox. The Intellibox read the decoder and the loco drives forward and reverse switches lights. I have not had time to check other functions.

Can anyone explain to me why the CS2 recognises the loco but will not operate it and why the Intellibox (older version) recognises the decoder and will operate the loco normally?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you,

John
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 29 November 2020 15:17:14(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Just a wild guess...
Does the CS2 have the latest firmware?
I remember that the MS2 had a buggy mfx implementation and required a firmware update to work with ESU V 4 decoders.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 29 November 2020 23:55:51(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Perhaps an issue with protocol hierarchy on the LS5.

You could try changing the CV responsible for protocol by disabling everything except MFX and see if that helps. Alternatively you can disable MFX and test it as DCC.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline johnmarklin  
#4 Posted : 30 November 2020 00:09:42(UTC)
johnmarklin

Ireland   
Thank you to all for your suggestions. The CS2 is on latest software update. I will work on the CVs tomorrow and report back.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by johnmarklin