Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 13 November 2020 10:32:16(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I bought the passenger wagon set 43853 a couple of years ago and I've only just opened the box, only to find that the end plastic door covers were not included on the wagons or in the box. This means that the body can easily come off the wheel base. It's pretty poor quality control for these parts to be left off. I can't find the part number - can anyone please help.
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 13 November 2020 14:55:55(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I bought the passenger wagon set 43853 a couple of years ago and I've only just opened the box, only to find that the end plastic door covers were not included on the wagons or in the box. This means that the body can easily come off the wheel base. It's pretty poor quality control for these parts to be left off. I can't find the part number - can anyone please help.

It is an MHI item, and according to the Marklin page you would be just around the 5 year warranty time. I would try emailing marklin service with a photo of the area where the bits are missing and see if they will supply the bits for free.
Offline Drongo  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2020 13:03:58(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

It is an MHI item, and according to the Marklin page you would be just around the 5 year warranty time. I would try emailing marklin service with a photo of the area where the bits are missing and see if they will supply the bits for free.

No such luck - here's Marklin's reply

there is no guarantee with 5 years on missing parts.
A complaint is possible within 2 to 3 weeks from the date of purchase.

Even if I opened the box when I received it, Marklin still wouldn't send me the parts as it takes about 6 weeks to arrive from Germany. Go figure !!!!! The parts are worth about 2 euro and this is how they treat customers.

Offline hxmiesa  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2020 14:46:08(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Wouldnt this be a perfect part for 3D-printing?
Maybe somebody else already did the design, and it is available online. -and/or printed for a fee.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 18 November 2020 15:36:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Is this what you are looking for? https://www.ebay.de/itm/...0-1-87-NEU/142102028538?

http://www.schnug-modell..._ET08_ET-fuer-Wagen.html
https://www.maerklinshop...32119/uebergang-4-stueck

Just search for Maerklin Gummiwulst 282mm Reisezugwagen

Regards

Mike C
Offline Drongo  
#6 Posted : 19 November 2020 12:45:45(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Is this what you are looking for? https://www.ebay.de/itm/...0-1-87-NEU/142102028538?

http://www.schnug-modell..._ET08_ET-fuer-Wagen.html
https://www.maerklinshop...32119/uebergang-4-stueck

Just search for Maerklin Gummiwulst 282mm Reisezugwagen

Regards

Mike C

Hi Mike, thanks for the links, unfortunately these clips are too thick - I have some of these from other wagons however when I try to couple the wagons the couplings won't work, the clips press up against each other before the couplings can engage.
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 20 November 2020 00:04:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was modelling the Swiss section of the "Helvetia' so I only have it as a 5 coach set, made up of 43854 plus 43866 (WRümz).

I will have to check my set to see if the gummiwulst parts are any different than those from other 282mm coaches.
I also will have to check to see whether the parts for the 282mm are the same as the ones from the earlier 270 and 264mm models.

Maerklin models are usually pretty good at coupling without having issues with the gangway blocking the couplers from completely closing. I have experienced that issue with Liliput, LSM and ACME models. The solution in those cases was to use the Roco Universal couplers, which have approximately an extra mm shaft length compared to the Maerklin 7203.

Can you post a photo of the model with one of the gummiwulst so that I can see if it extends past where it should?

The 43866 and 43854 Sets lists the part (Übergang) as E315660: https://www.maerklinshop...ebergang-schw.-4-stueck, so it may be a different part for the Made in China TEE (1962/1965) coaches.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Drongo  
#8 Posted : 20 November 2020 10:28:52(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I was modelling the Swiss section of the "Helvetia' so I only have it as a 5 coach set, made up of 43854 plus 43866 (WRümz).

I will have to check my set to see if the gummiwulst parts are any different than those from other 282mm coaches.
I also will have to check to see whether the parts for the 282mm are the same as the ones from the earlier 270 and 264mm models.

Maerklin models are usually pretty good at coupling without having issues with the gangway blocking the couplers from completely closing. I have experienced that issue with Liliput, LSM and ACME models. The solution in those cases was to use the Roco Universal couplers, which have approximately an extra mm shaft length compared to the Maerklin 7203.

Can you post a photo of the model with one of the gummiwulst so that I can see if it extends past where it should?

The 43866 and 43854 Sets lists the part (Übergang) as E315660: https://www.maerklinshop...ebergang-schw.-4-stueck, so it may be a different part for the Made in China TEE (1962/1965) coaches.

Regards

Mike C

Hi Mike, I'm not paying 6 euro each for these miserable plastic parts. I need 6 of them and that's 36 euro plus postage of about 25 euro which is over 60 euro and that equates of 100 Australian dollars. That's extortion.

I found some old wagons and swapped them over and I filed back the gummiwulst as the couplers are current conducting, and now the carriages couple together. You know where marklin can go . . . .

Regards
Greg
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 20 November 2020 11:00:12(UTC)
H0

Hi Mike, I'm not paying 6 euro each for these miserable plastic parts.
6 € for a bag of four makes 1.50 € per piece.
Single items are listed for € 0.79, but are currently not available.

Postage is probably much cheaper if you order via a Märklin dealer of your trust. Often you also get (huge) discounts on the spare parts.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#10 Posted : 20 November 2020 12:41:00(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Mike, I'm not paying 6 euro each for these miserable plastic parts.
6 € for a bag of four makes 1.50 € per piece.
Single items are listed for € 0.79, but are currently not available.

Postage is probably much cheaper if you order via a Märklin dealer of your trust. Often you also get (huge) discounts on the spare parts.

Thanks Tom for the correction. Still, if they weren't included in the box originally, they could have easily sent them to a dealer who could have included them in my next delivery. But Marklin, don't seem to want to help long standing customers. It's the new way in life these days - a job is a place you go to and if you don't feel like doing something then who cares. I'm glad I'm old and retired and I can enjoy life by not doing anything knowing that when I was young I worked really hard.
Offline mike c  
#11 Posted : 20 November 2020 15:26:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you had the set with 3 coaches (43853), you would require 1.5 parts bags (at 4 per bag) to outfit all of your coaches with this part.
Any dealer would agree to send you such a small order as a letter, so the total cost to you would be less than 15 EUR

Send an email to service(at)maerklin.de and see if they will ship it as a letter

Was it bought from a licensed dealer or off eBay or similar?
If it was bought from a dealer, I would deal with them.

Good luck

Mike C
Offline Drongo  
#12 Posted : 21 November 2020 02:30:36(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
If you had the set with 3 coaches (43853), you would require 1.5 parts bags (at 4 per bag) to outfit all of your coaches with this part.
Any dealer would agree to send you such a small order as a letter, so the total cost to you would be less than 15 EUR

Send an email to service(at)maerklin.de and see if they will ship it as a letter

Was it bought from a licensed dealer or off eBay or similar?
If it was bought from a dealer, I would deal with them.

Good luck

Mike C

Bought from a licensed dealer and when I sent an email to Marklin wanting the space parts, I included a copy of the invoice as proof of purchase. I asked Marklin for the part number so I could order the correct part, but they just ignored me. So, I'm only buying from Marklin want I can't buy from other manufacturers. Marklin think they are the king of model railway equipment and with this attitude they soon will be in bankruptcy again.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo