Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 16 November 2020 20:55:19(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
My highly unsophisticated layout is based now on C track, CS2 and a complete mixture of loks and rolling stock. Retirement, lockdown and winter mean I am spending more time than ever on the layout. I am in my older age getting a little clumsy so often I take one step forward and two back.

My loks all digital are from over thirty years to three weeks old. The layout has a dual track that runs around the outside and all sorts of reverse loops and sidings in the interior. There are some signals “controlled” through eight circuit tracks via an old S88 to the CS2.

So I was messing around with the circuit tracks and the CS2 memory and I thought I would test my handiwork. I tend to use for “testing” things an old 3618 retired from pulling the Rheingold set which is now in the display cabinet. So on the outer mainly R2 circuit every thing was fine signals changing as hoped but on the inner R1 circuit signals didn’t change very often and things were a little erratic. I couldn’t work out what was wrong, so I moved on to a little play operation with other loks and consists and now noticed everything was working fine all round. Had a quick look at the 3618 – the slider seems OK and could not see anything obviously wrong. Any ideas?

Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 16 November 2020 22:35:54(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Rwill
The most likely is your loco gathered some dirt from the rails and have it stuck there
One way is to tun the loco upside down on a piece of foam, connect the slider and one non-motorized axle to track voltage.
Rub gently the wheels while they turn with a cloth damp with contact cleaning liquid.
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB