Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline franciscohg  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2020 23:20:47(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello everybody, recently i have managed to get a Roco smartrail unit. it is a beautiful display and locos looks great running on it.
But so far i have been only able to detect and run locos as a standalone unit, with no way to make the connection with a tablet or phone trough the integrated router, wich is working.
I think that maybe the router settings are wrong but Roco is not very helpful to get them, also no way to find them on the internet, at least with english searches.
Is there anybody out there who perhaps own such a unit and willing to read the router settings for me?
Best regards and thanks in advance
Francisco
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2020 00:06:58(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: franciscohg Go to Quoted Post
Hello everybody, recently i have managed to get a Roco smartrail unit. it is a beautiful display and locos looks great running on it.
But so far i have been only able to detect and run locos as a standalone unit, with no way to make the connection with a tablet or phone trough the integrated router, wich is working.
I think that maybe the router settings are wrong but Roco is not very helpful to get them, also no way to find them on the internet, at least with english searches.
Is there anybody out there who perhaps own such a unit and willing to read the router settings for me?
Best regards and thanks in advance
Francisco

Did you get the user manual?

https://www.fleischmann..../an/2/de/8010815920F.pdf

it is in English too.

Reynaulds published a video in English about this system

All I did of a quick reading of manuals from Roco in German confusing me, because Roco says the connection for all type of controllers will be done automatically. I did not read the full manual, which is quite large.

Hope it helps a bit.

Regards

Wolfgang
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline franciscohg  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2020 01:16:01(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello
Thanks for the reply, yes, i have checked the manuals and other online documentation. The Z21 inside works, the internal router also, i can acces it from the WLAN, but the Z21 is not accesible from the apps neither from the maintenance tool in the PC. Tried the reset procedure but didnt work either, in short i think that the Z21 inside is not registering with the internal TPLINK router, so i think that is a problem with its configuration.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 10 July 2020 09:09:11(UTC)
H0

Hi!
AFAIK the factory default address of a z21 is 192.168.0.111. But this can be changed with a PC connection, so it can be different for a second-hand unit.

Is the router configured for the 192.168.0.x network?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline blid  
#5 Posted : 10 July 2020 10:27:58(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Be aware! I'm am not into this, but AFAIK there is Z21 and z21. There is also z21 and a cheaper version of z21 with connections locked. Unlocking can be payed for. I have also read that you really need to know about networks to do things in the right order to make it work. If done in the wrong order there might not be a way back – or something. Investigate further to verify if I'm right or wrong.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 10 July 2020 15:24:18(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
@Tom
Yes, the router is set in 192.168.0.x
I suspect that a previous owner have may change the IP, but i want to confirm router settings prior to begin a more tedious process.

@Blid
Is the Z21 that is included in the smartrail unit wich AFAIK has full functionality

Regards
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by franciscohg
Offline franciscohg  
#7 Posted : 21 July 2020 19:48:12(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Hello
just a little update.
did some more tests to try to connect the unit with the smartphone with no success and no more info found.
Since i wanted the unit just as a beatifuyl display with no fingers operating the buttonms on some videos, i got an old wired multimaus, connected it to the smartrail and everything is working fine.
A very nice gadget it is i must say.
Regards
Offline 7gauges  
#8 Posted : 15 November 2020 22:56:23(UTC)
7gauges

Canada   
Does anyone recall how to run the smartrail on analog ac? I dug the unit out today after a few years of non use, and I had run some older analog trains on it before
Collecting / Fixing and Running trains since 1966.