Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Johnh  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2020 06:55:02(UTC)
Johnh

This is a sad request. My home was recently destroyed in the Wildfires that struck California. I had a large collection of Marklin MAXI and I'm looking for a 'master list' of MAXI items to work up an inventory for my insurance company. Beginning with the Pre-release items I purchased at least one of every item in the range including special items for the first few years. I have evidence of the collection but the burned items other than being trains are unrecognizable.

Thanks!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Johnh
Offline PJMärklin  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2020 08:04:12(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Johnh Go to Quoted Post
This is a sad request. My home was recently destroyed in the Wildfires that struck California. I had a large collection of Marklin MAXI and I'm looking for a 'master list' of MAXI items to work up an inventory for my insurance company. Beginning with the Pre-release items I purchased at least one of every item in the range including special items for the first few years. I have evidence of the collection but the burned items other than being trains are unrecognizable.

Thanks!

Hello John,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss to the fires.

Regards,

PJSad
Offline Purellum  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2020 10:16:59(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Hi John. Sorry to hear about you loss.

You can start here; this page have most of the MAXI items: http://www.robkruijt.net/Maxi/pages/V60.htm

You really should try to find a Schiffmann-Katalog; the one you need is called "Die neue 1": http://www.schiffmann-ve...ammlerkataloge/Band4.php

The last hard-copy Schiffmann catalouge was made almost 10 years ago; but all information is still valid.

Then there's the "eBook Märklin Spur1" - it's a PDF file with lots of information. If you send me your e-mail address
in a private message here on the forum, I can send it to you. It's 10,2 MB.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline Johnh  
#4 Posted : 20 September 2020 16:22:34(UTC)
Johnh

Purellum,

Thanks so much for the info. I’ll check out the links and send you a PM. Thanks-you!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 21 September 2020 00:15:25(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Sorry to hear of the loss of your home. I have a couple of MAXI items that I am prepared to quit if you are looking to rebuild your collection. Let me know if you are interested.

I have been thinking over the last few weeks of various people I know who live in that general area, and wondering how they have been getting on. The reports of the smoke haze on the TV here have looked horrendous, even when a reasonable distance from the fires.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 21 September 2020 01:30:08(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
I can send it to you. It's 10,2 MB.

That's within the forum upload limit....

eBook_Maerklin_Spur_1_decrypted.pdf (10,503kb) downloaded 218 time(s).

Very sad to hear of your loss. I hope you can sort things out with your insurance company.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline cramcke  
#7 Posted : 14 October 2020 23:40:07(UTC)
cramcke

United States   
Hi John,

I have the Schiffmann books somewhere- let me see if I can locate them. If I do I'll let you know and will need an address of where to send them.

- Carsten
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cramcke
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#8 Posted : 15 October 2020 03:18:53(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I'm so sorry to read this, and wish the best for a hopefully rebuilding of house and home...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline cramcke  
#9 Posted : 18 October 2020 16:58:24(UTC)
cramcke

United States   
Hi John,

I haven't forgotten about you! I'm still hunting for the Schiffmann books. I have lots of boxes of train books and magazines (and catalogs, of course), which I am hunting through...

- Carsten
Offline grnwtrs  
#10 Posted : 10 November 2020 00:09:50(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: Johnh Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

So sorry to hear of your loss. Words I am sure can't possibly describe the trauma. I couldn't even imagine how I would feel. You sure seem strong and have pulled up your boots. Good on you. I also have been a modest collector of Maxi and have a few of the Newer I gauge items. I don't have all my I gauge items updated on my so-called inventory list, But I do have about 335 items, including track pieces etc.

My list is very old. I wanted to move it from DB3 to anther DB. Took from Feb 2016 to sometime in
2019 to finally move about 1609 records to ACCESS. (SP) Anyway its a start. I also have about 11 of the 55 series of the I gauge engines and about 15 of the newer I gauges cars, but these are also still available at various dealers. It just struck me that the catalogs will be your best source EXCEPT FOR THE MAXI ITEMS.

Sorry John, I didn't mean to carry on. If you are interested I can fax about 10 pages and we can go from there. enuff said.

Hope you well, gene in El Sobrante.
Offline GPGodart  
#11 Posted : 10 November 2020 19:52:03(UTC)
GPGodart

United States   
John, I sent you a private email. Sorry about your loss and hope you can document your destroyed or damaged personal items. Hope you and family are ok. I have a large collection to sell in case you would like to start again with Maxi. Please refer to my email.
Glenn