Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jcrtrains  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2020 19:36:36(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
I have seen some pictures and videos of the new arrival on other sites but none here. Can anyone give us a review or impression?

Thank you
Offline contrans  
#2 Posted : 28 October 2020 13:15:23(UTC)
contrans

Is there a "made in XXXXX" sticker on the boxes that are sold in the US?

Thx Andi
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2020 16:39:49(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I saw that one of the NA dealers reported it as a new arrival. I will try to ask them this week.
I presume that it should be the same as the Fc 2 x 3/4.

These locomotives were used for passenger and freight traffic on the newly electrified Gotthard line.
It is important to remember that the trains included not only Swiss but cars and coaches from many other countries travelling between the Italy and the rest of Europe.

Regards

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2020 17:21:35(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Two notes that may be useful:

1- I'd assume it is near-identical to the "kofferli" from last year. I have that loco, and love it. My only complaint is that the roof wiring/insulators are far too toylike and off scale, especially for a model at that price. otherwise, I find the locomotive 100% wonderful.

2- For what its worth, I have the recent Roco release of this locomotive in both the green and brown colors. For the money, I have to say I am perfectly content with them. While I can justify the Marklin price tag for a model cast in metal, with sound etc, I think I'm happy having two of the Roco ones for less money. I do have the Kofferli as well, we are spoiled for choice and selecting the features that appeal to us these days... My choice is Roco because funds aren't unlimited, and electric locomotive sound systems don't really excite me much- steam and diesel are a different story!

Edited by user 04 November 2020 19:02:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline fkowal  
#5 Posted : 03 November 2020 20:19:49(UTC)
fkowal

Canada   
I have been monitoring the German Stummis forum and the impressions have mostly been positive. There are complaints about the sound quality but nobody has been able to find a good video to show how it should really sound like. There are comments that in real life the puffers moved with the rotation of the leading axle. However, in reality this rotation was very small. So, Märklin’s compromise to have the puffers mounted on the body is deemed to be acceptable. Given the nature of the rivet counter’s complaints, I am sure it is a lovely loco. I have one on order with my local dealer and am waiting patiently.
Offline Unholz  
#6 Posted : 04 November 2020 06:41:13(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: fkowal Go to Quoted Post
There are complaints about the sound quality but nobody has been able to find a good video to show how it should really sound like.

Nobody...? Confused Blink

Actually, I published a link to the original Be 4/6 sound in the Stummi thread:

This video proves that Marklin's sound is absolutely terrible, because a Be 4/6 (as an electric loco) simply doesn't chuff like a steam engine. If the prototype loco is well maintained, you will mostly hear the mechanical sounds of the rods and wheels turning, a slight humming of the motors and perhaps an occasional switching of the tap changer.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline jcrtrains  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2020 15:19:44(UTC)
jcrtrains

Canada   
Great video - thank you. And the best news of all, is that I just received notice that mine has arrived at Mike's! I will post a video some time later.
Offline mike c  
#8 Posted : 04 November 2020 18:25:45(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Originally Posted by: fkowal Go to Quoted Post
I have been monitoring the German Stummis forum and the impressions have mostly been positive. There are complaints about the sound quality but nobody has been able to find a good video to show how it should really sound like. There are comments that in real life the puffers moved with the rotation of the leading axle. However, in reality this rotation was very small. So, Märklin’s compromise to have the puffers mounted on the body is deemed to be acceptable. Given the nature of the rivet counter’s complaints, I am sure it is a lovely loco. I have one on order with my local dealer and am waiting patiently.

Regards

MC