Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 13 October 2020 20:55:22(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Hi, as I’ve promised from the last loco review, with the Piko diesel. I now have got round to the second review. It’s a locomotive used for local passenger services in Belgium only. It’s a series 28, not the Traxx 186 series 28, but the locomotive type before that numbered series 28.
It’s a very well detailed model, with lots of added detail and a few bits to add yourself like jumper cables ect. It has close coupler mounts to give a nice buffer to buffer couple to its train. The loco I have is in era iv livery with head and tail lights side by side. The cab detail is there but all in one colour.
I need to mention also that it has some very nice pantographs as well. The bogie detail is also very well presented as are the spiked wheels with all axle pick up and a nice long slider which gives the loco excellent pick up over every type of K track point I have, such as curved points and a double slip which sometimes gives a little trouble to some locos.
The decoder in the loco is a cheap DCC one. So I does not give you anything other than head and tail lights. But this is ok. As I will replace it with one of Marklin decoders. This is mainly because I can use it with the Marklin signal module which do not like the Dcc decoder in this loco or the other Piko machine I have.
So here’s a little video of this loco and it’s train of Marklin SNCB M2 coaches which they were coupled to back in the 70s
I’ve done the video in a 70s style film again, but as the loco does not have sound I’ve stuck on some cheesy 70s euro pop. Enjoy folks 👍

I should also mention that the loco takes Marklin close couplers without causing issues with its own buffers. It appears that Piko buffers are set at the same level as Marklin ones.
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by danmarklinman