Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline patnaik  
#1 Posted : 24 August 2020 20:54:43(UTC)
patnaik

United States   
I just purchased a used Marklin 37649 - Diesel Hydraulic Switch Engine BR 360. This comes with C90 digital decoder and TELEX couplers. It did not come with box or manual. I control my layout with an old Intellibox. The lok runs nicely and I am able to turn the lights on/off. However, I was not able to activate the TELEX couplers when I turn on any/all of functions F1-F4. Upon opening the lok, everything looks perfect and there is a brown/green striped wire and a black wire leading to the TELEX coils. Is there a trick I am missing?

Please forgive me if I have posted incorrectly; this is my first post on this forum.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 24 August 2020 21:07:35(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: patnaik Go to Quoted Post
I just purchased a used Marklin 37649 - Diesel Hydraulic Switch Engine BR 360. This comes with C90 digital decoder and TELEX couplers. It did not come with box or manual. I control my layout with an old Intellibox. The lok runs nicely and I am able to turn the lights on/off. However, I was not able to activate the TELEX couplers when I turn on any/all of functions F1-F4. Upon opening the lok, everything looks perfect and there is a brown/green striped wire and a black wire leading to the TELEX coils. Is there a trick I am missing?

Please forgive me if I have posted incorrectly; this is my first post on this forum.

What MM mode is the IB set up to use?
You will need the MM2 mode to use more than F0 which turns on the lights.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline patnaik  
#3 Posted : 24 August 2020 21:51:38(UTC)
patnaik

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

What MM mode is the IB set up to use?
You will need the MM2 mode to use more than F0 which turns on the lights.

It is set to Moto. New. for address 60.
Offline DaleSchultz  
#4 Posted : 24 August 2020 23:43:20(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   

Have you tried f5 through f8 ?

Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline patnaik  
#5 Posted : 24 August 2020 23:53:58(UTC)
patnaik

United States   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post

Have you tried f5 through f8 ?

No, I did not. However, I did find two problems after poking around with a meter:
1) There was no connection between the decoder brown/green wire and the TELEX coils (a solder bridge was absent). This was trivially fixed. Now I am able to activate the TELEX with F1
2) Only one TELEX coil is functional Mad A check with a meter shows open circuit across the coil leads. Need a new one. Anyone know of a source for parts in US? Google turned up nothing useful. Thanks!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by patnaik
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 25 August 2020 00:27:32(UTC)
TEEWolf

No, I did not. However, I did find two problems after poking around with a meter:
1) There was no connection between the decoder brown/green wire and the TELEX coils (a solder bridge was absent). This was trivially fixed. Now I am able to activate the TELEX with F1
2) Only one TELEX coil is functional Mad A check with a meter shows open circuit across the coil leads. Need a new one. Anyone know of a source for parts in US? Google turned up nothing useful. Thanks!

Here is a PDF table from Maerklin listing the major technical informations for your loco 37649.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ok-Datenbank-2006-12.pdf

The Telex coupler function is for a Maerklin controller on key F2. The rest should be in your IB manual.
Offline patnaik  
#7 Posted : 25 August 2020 01:00:32(UTC)
patnaik

United States   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post

Here is a PDF table from Maerklin listing the major technical informations for your loco 37649.

https://www.maerklin.de/...ok-Datenbank-2006-12.pdf

The Telex coupler function is for a Maerklin controller on key F2. The rest should be in your IB manual.

Thanks! You are correct, it was F2, not F1. That is a most useful document.

Offline mvd71  
#8 Posted : 25 August 2020 08:43:13(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Those coils for the telex usually come up on eBay.de