Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline amartinezv  
#1 Posted : 12 August 2020 08:14:08(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   

Hi, good morning everyone, I was looking at some 4415 type cars in my Koll's Spezial Katalog Ausgabe 2016, when I noticed that it jumps from 4415 version 90727 to 4415 version 90740, both in the pictures and in the text descriptions. what happened to the versions 90728 to 90739, why is there this jump, if anyone who has a later edition could check this jump I would be very grateful. of course the page numbering is fine and I am not missing any.
Thank you in advance.
Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by amartinezv
Offline kamstutz  
#2 Posted : 12 August 2020 15:28:21(UTC)
kamstutz

United States   
Originally Posted by: amartinezv Go to Quoted Post

... 4415 type cars Koll's Spezial Katalog ... missing versions 90728 to 90739 ... if anyone who has a later edition could check this jump...

Hello Antonio - I just checked my Koll's Spezial Katalog from 2017 and that sequence of 4415's is also missing. Koll's printed his last Spezial Katalog in 2018 so the only other possibility is that they were included in the final catalog. Another possibility is that there were no models in 1990 that would fall into the 9073X series using the Koll's classification system. At the beginning of the Koll's Spezial Katalog there are some notes in German that appear to explain how the the Koll's numbering system works for the 4415 refrigerated cars and 4481 container wagons. Perhaps someone in the group could translate this for us to provide some context. We might discover that there were no models that year that would be categorized with those numbers.

Kurt

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kamstutz
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 13 August 2020 00:16:36(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Possibly, they were private releases?
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by xxup
Offline amartinezv  
#4 Posted : 13 August 2020 12:21:28(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   
Originally Posted by: kamstutz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: amartinezv Go to Quoted Post

... 4415 type cars Koll's Spezial Katalog ... missing versions 90728 to 90739 ... if anyone who has a later edition could check this jump...

Hello Antonio - I just checked my Koll's Spezial Katalog from 2017 and that sequence of 4415's is also missing. Koll's printed his last Spezial Katalog in 2018 so the only other possibility is that they were included in the final catalog. Another possibility is that there were no models in 1990 that would fall into the 9073X series using the Koll's classification system. At the beginning of the Koll's Spezial Katalog there are some notes in German that appear to explain how the the Koll's numbering system works for the 4415 refrigerated cars and 4481 container wagons. Perhaps someone in the group could translate this for us to provide some context. We might discover that there were no models that year that would be categorized with those numbers.
Kurt

Thank you Kurt, if they are not in your edition either, it is not a printing error, for some unknown reason there is that gap in the descriptions and texts.

The explanation to the numbering of the Koll's is more or less as follows:

First, the basic models are grouped according to the Märklin number, which appears in bold at the top or left edge, for example 4415. To further differentiate the models, a five-digit number follows, the first two digits of which indicate the year of production, e.g. 93000 = 1993. From the year 2000 onwards, the full year number is indicated. The next number indicates the industry:
0 to 4 = beverages,
5 to 6 = model railroad concessionaire,
7 to 9 = several.
The last two digits count the models
For example, the 94128 would be: year of production 1994, would be dedicated to a drink, and would be the wagon nº 28 of drinks of the year 1994.
In the case that occupies us 9073x would be 10 wagons of companies (or reasons) varied of the year 1990, those that lack but we do not know more

Quote:
Adrian wrote...
Possibly, they were private releases?

It is a good possibility, in any case there is a jump, it would be interesting if someone with the 2018 edition could check it.
Thank you both.

Greetings

Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by amartinezv