Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline HellO  
#1 Posted : 08 June 2020 12:03:20(UTC)
HellO

Good day.. I am a new user on this Forum.. I recently purchased a Maerklin CS3+ Central Station and I have some fun connecting all my tracks / signals and Locomotives to the CS3.. one problem that keeps me extremely busy is the lack of information and diagrams of how to connect a Turntable and decoder 7682 / 7686 to the CS3plus.. I did upgrade the Software of the CS3 to the latest level - the address for the TT is set to 225 MM type decoder (Old type) ... I would appreciate and assistance in this regard... a good schematic layout / diagram will help.. Crying
Offline eduard71  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2020 18:29:04(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Originally Posted by: HellO Go to Quoted Post
Good day.. I am a new user on this Forum.. I recently purchased a Maerklin CS3+ Central Station and I have some fun connecting all my tracks / signals and Locomotives to the CS3.. one problem that keeps me extremely busy is the lack of information and diagrams of how to connect a Turntable and decoder 7682 / 7686 to the CS3plus.. I did upgrade the Software of the CS3 to the latest level - the address for the TT is set to 225 MM type decoder (Old type) ... I would appreciate and assistance in this regard... a good schematic layout / diagram will help.. Crying

Hello, I dont see your name but in any case welcome to the forum.

There are several steps to connect the turnable to the CS3.

1.- Connections to the CS3 and power source to the decoder of the turntable. It should not be different from the instruction manual of the decoder

2.- Programming the decoder for the turntable so the steps are ok with your configuration. The process can be done from the CS3 as soon all connections are made.

3.- Adding the turntable to the layout in the CS3 for your trains. This is the last step of the process.

Now please let me know where you are. I can drive you trough the process but I will need to take some photos of my configuration and then review the programming process.

Regards

Eduardo
Offline HellO  
#3 Posted : 26 July 2020 12:13:12(UTC)
HellO

Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post

Hello, I dont see your name but in any case welcome to the forum.

There are several steps to connect the turnable to the CS3.

1.- Connections to the CS3 and power source to the decoder of the turntable. It should not be different from the instruction manual of the decoder

2.- Programming the decoder for the turntable so the steps are ok with your configuration. The process can be done from the CS3 as soon all connections are made.

3.- Adding the turntable to the layout in the CS3 for your trains. This is the last step of the process.

Now please let me know where you are. I can drive you trough the process but I will need to take some photos of my configuration and then review the programming process.

Regards

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo

Thank you for your response.. my name is Hellmut and I actually live in South Africa and I am very remotely to any other Marklin users..
I did follow all recommended steps in trying to program the TT via my CS3+ but ist seems as if the TT does'nt clear all previous stations.. after completing the recommended stop / go ..step ..input and end steps.. the TT does not forward to the required track 1 position but just stops at an unprogrammed track position.. is there a way to completely clear or reset the 7686 deoder via a CS3+?

Thank you..

Hellmut

Offline Johnvr  
#4 Posted : 26 July 2020 16:24:18(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   

Hi Eduardo

Thank you for your response.. my name is Hellmut and I actually live in South Africa

Hello Hellmut
There are several users based in Cape Town.
Where are you based ?

RegardsBigGrin
John

Offline mvd71  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2020 08:11:03(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi Helmutt,

You are not the only one to have this problem. I know of two people over here who have had the exact problem in recent times, and they are scratching their heads, so if someone on the forum could shed some light it would be great.

Cheers...

Mike
Offline Ross  
#6 Posted : 28 July 2020 09:14:36(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Guys,

Please read my 7686-7687 turntable programming and bug fixes article total 33 pages

Wiring details start on page 12 and programming it on page 16 and 7687 firmware bug workaround on page 27. For those that have TrainController it also shows how to set it up.

Hope it helps

Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Helmutt,

You are not the only one to have this problem. I know of two people over here who have had the exact problem in recent times, and they are scratching their heads, so if someone on the forum could shed some light it would be great.

Cheers...

Mike

Ross
Offline mvd71  
#7 Posted : 28 July 2020 10:11:00(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Thanks Ross, I'll take a look and see.

Cheers....

Mike
Offline HellO  
#8 Posted : 28 July 2020 19:16:31(UTC)
HellO

Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Ross, I'll take a look and see.

Cheers....

Mike

Thank you all...

Hope this will help..

Cheers Hellmut

Hi Ross

I did have a look at the recommended article.. very interesting and the symptoms described for the 7686 / 7687 are very similar to those I am experiencing - Will the Firmware Bug Workaround for the 7687 also work for the 7686? If so can you please explain to me how can I follow the steps as recommended on page 27 in the article to Push "track 24" on the CS3?

I will appreciate your feedback..

Regards

Hellmut

Edited by user 31 July 2020 09:47:24(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Ross  
#9 Posted : 03 August 2020 01:50:16(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Mike and Hellmut,

Was the article of any help to you both?

Feedback helps to improve further articles.

Ross
Offline Ross  
#10 Posted : 03 August 2020 04:44:00(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Hellmut,

From your quote below you didn't mention using the CLEAR push button on the CS3+
The CLEAR will clear all previous spoke positions and enter the new spoke 1 position.

Look at my examples on page 17.

Thank you for your response.. my name is Hellmut and I actually live in South Africa and I am very remotely to any other Marklin users..
I did follow all recommended steps in trying to program the TT via my CS3+ but ist seems as if the TT does'nt clear all previous stations.. after completing the recommended stop / go ..step ..input and end steps.. the TT does not forward to the required track 1 position but just stops at an unprogrammed track position.. is there a way to completely clear or reset the 7686 deoder via a CS3+?

Thank you..

Hellmut

Ross
Offline Ross  
#11 Posted : 03 August 2020 05:06:32(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Hellmut,

I missed your edit in the previous comment. It is best to Reply with Quote as it will be the latest comment in the thread.

I haven't experienced a firmware problem with the 7686 decoder but if you think you are getting the same problem as described on page 27 then it won't hurt to try the reset procedure.

What the Push "track 24" means is the decoder requires the "240 green" command and to do this I give an example on page 30 where you could create 3 push buttons with the stated addresses in the CS3+ switchboard. Also look at the Quick Ref Table on page 25.

Hope this is helping

Hi Ross

I did have a look at the recommended article.. very interesting and the symptoms described for the 7686 / 7687 are very similar to those I am experiencing - Will the Firmware Bug Workaround for the 7687 also work for the 7686? If so can you please explain to me how can I follow the steps as recommended on page 27 in the article to Push "track 24" on the CS3?

I will appreciate your feedback..

Regards

Hellmut
Ross
Offline mvd71  
#12 Posted : 03 August 2020 07:05:49(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Hi Ross,

I haven't had time to try it yet, been busy with non train related stuff

Cheers....

Mike
Offline Drongo  
#13 Posted : 06 August 2020 12:56:07(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Can anyone help me with instructions or better still a video on how to install a Marklin transfer table to CS3. I've used "search" however I haven't been able to find any instructions. The Marklin instructions are really bad.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#14 Posted : 06 August 2020 15:33:08(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone help me with instructions or better still a video on how to install a Marklin transfer table to CS3. I've used "search" however I haven't been able to find any instructions. The Marklin instructions are really bad.

Regards
Greg

Hi Greg
The Märklin manual is here: https://static.maerklin....b154bd1c7d1570607011.pdf
On page 11 the connection to a CS3 using a K84 is shown clearly. The manual controller is not used anymore.
Here is the page in question
7294 TranferTable.jpg
If -like suggested- you use a Märklin transfo you will need two regular diodes and a 5 Watt 27 Ohm resistor (to reduce the speed of the transfer table). Alternately, you may use the transfo train output instead and adjust the table speed with the transfo speed control. In this case you need only the 2 diodes.
Let me know if you need more
Cheers
Jean
Offline Drongo  
#15 Posted : 12 August 2020 15:08:26(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks Jean
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline larryzhou  
#16 Posted : 24 January 2021 05:45:39(UTC)
larryzhou

China   
Hello

Have you solved your issue yet?

I got 7286 with 7686 decoder and connected to Cs3plus. However, it has no responding at all.

Cheers

Larry
Offline Legless  
#17 Posted : 24 January 2021 07:43:55(UTC)
Legless

Australia   
Yes, I would like to know too?
Regards Mike
Legless
Era's 1 to 111,C track,k track
Offline mvd71  
#18 Posted : 24 January 2021 10:31:44(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I succeeded in getting my turntable going. Problem was solved by purchasing and LDT turntable decoder and throwing the Märklin one in the bin!

Cheers....

Mike