Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PetuniaPolly  
#1 Posted : 23 July 2020 06:40:10(UTC)
PetuniaPolly

United States   
I’m sorry...I am afraid I know nothing about Forums or blogs. My 5 yr old fell in love with model railroads a couple yrs ago after seeing the Smokey Mountain train layout. I picked up this marklin Steiff Disney collaboration at an Estate Sale and am wonderingif any of you can help me out with a signature??? I asked on Facebook and was pointed to a marklin group...but as near as I could tell, there was no questions allowed. So here I am! Is there a way to add photos?
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 23 July 2020 09:12:06(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

You can add images using the "Add Image" button above the text box where you write your message.

Images should help. Item ref. numbers would also help us to identify the set you have.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline TEEWolf  
#3 Posted : 23 July 2020 11:14:23(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: PetuniaPolly Go to Quoted Post
I’m sorry...I am afraid I know nothing about Forums or blogs. My 5 yr old fell in love with model railroads a couple yrs ago after seeing the Smokey Mountain train layout. I picked up this marklin Steiff Disney collaboration at an Estate Sale and am wonderingif any of you can help me out with a signature??? I asked on Facebook and was pointed to a marklin group...but as near as I could tell, there was no questions allowed. So here I am! Is there a way to add photos?

I think this Teddy bear set is for 50 years old "fellas" not for 5 years ones.Laugh To tiny for kids.

Maerklin offers for kids a special series "My World".

https://www.maerklin.de/en/products/my-world/

Maerklin says, it is for kids from 3 to 6 years old. Then they shall use the start-up line.

http://www.maerklinfanclub.de/en/

It is up to you, what will be best for your kid.

My World is based on battery trains and is not compatible to the rest of Maerklin. It is a non-electrical connection toy (even it uses a battery - but this is a total different world for danger, etc.). A Maerklin railroad is an electrical toy and needs always an electrical connection to the power supply system. Actually, the set you bought needs this electrical connection as well. But all needed parts are not part of the set. You must buy a lot more from this gauge Z (scale 1:220) for running the loco. My World and start-up are gauge H0 (scale 1:87) railroads.

https://www.maerklin.de/en/products/z-scale/
Offline PetuniaPolly  
#4 Posted : 23 July 2020 14:51:23(UTC)
PetuniaPolly

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

You can add images using the "Add Image" button above the text box where you write your message.

Images should help. Item ref. numbers would also help us to identify the set you have.

Every time I do that, it wants me to add the image url. 🤷🏻‍♀️I want to add an image I have taken off of my phone
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 23 July 2020 15:24:40(UTC)
TEEWolf

Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

Every time I do that, it wants me to add the image url. 🤷🏻‍♀️I want to add an image I have taken off of my phone

yes it is not easy to post a picture here. But it does not matter. Just write down the article # from Maerklin and you can look it up in Maerklin's database.

https://www.maerklin.de/...pdb_pi1%5Bsearchres%5D=1

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/94313/

2 examples an I am surprised they also have issued such "Steiff Edition" for gauge H0 too. Probably for their other gauges as well.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 23 July 2020 15:30:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Hi!
Welcome to the forum!

Position the cursor where you wish to put the image in your post. Now click on the paper clip icon. This will bring up a list of existing images. At the bottom is "Add New Image". Click on that and another box pops up. Now using your mouse drag the image from the folder where you saved it from your phone to the big red box in the pop-up. Now click on "Start Upload" and a progress bar will show the progress.

You will now have a link in your message at the point where your cursor was. Now complete the posting. if you refresh your post after about 5 minutes the picture should show.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline DaleSchultz  
#7 Posted : 23 July 2020 18:38:17(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
what animal is in the set ?

Eg, Teddy or salamander?

The are are a number of items with a teddy,
Eg one a wooden box with a loco and passenger car
and another - a good wagon with a teddy...
then a casey jones character etc....

Describe the set (eg golden locomotive, Green loco in wooden box) and the animal.

Generally these products were put out as special collector's items to catch the Steiff collectors and the Märklin collectors.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline PetuniaPolly  
#8 Posted : 23 July 2020 22:26:32(UTC)
PetuniaPolly

United States   

Well, I must really have issues...when I follow your directions, it looks like it is going to let me, but the grey box where I would choose the photo to insert remains empty. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know that I have the Steiff Bear-Marklin #94343 Limited edition train set, unused and complete in its box. There is a signature on the back that says Disney 2019 and I cannot read the signature. What I am wanting to know is if anyone would know who would’ve been signing this when it was sold. From what I can gather, these are sold at toy fairs mainly. I guess I was considering selling it and purchasing a more child friendly set for My son. But I would be interested to know if anyone would know the signature. Difficult to show a picture, and from what I understood I could not ask this in the Facebook forum.

Thank you for your patience with me and your help!

Position the cursor where you wish to put the image in your post. Now click on the paper clip icon. This will bring up a list of existing images. At the bottom is "Add New Image". Click on that and another box pops up. Now using your mouse drag the image from the folder where you saved it from your phone to the big red box in the pop-up. Now click on "Start Upload" and a progress bar will show the progress.

You will now have a link in your message at the point where your cursor was. Now complete the posting. if you refresh your post after about 5 minutes the picture should show.

Offline DaleSchultz  
#9 Posted : 23 July 2020 22:32:06(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
on on ebay right now for $239
I would guess the signature is by Micky or some character.
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline dickinsonj  
#10 Posted : 24 July 2020 00:54:41(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

It is not the most intuitive interface, but you can make it work!

The grey box contains the names of the images which you have already uploaded, so it is empty at first. Below the image list there is a bar in lighter grey with text "UPLOAD NEW FILE(S)". Click that and another dialog will open with the red area Alan mentioned. Just drag the file from the folder on your computer or phone and drop it on that red area. You will see a progress bar showing the upload in action. Then a link to the image will appear in the spot where the cursor was when you started out. After just a bit the actual image is there and you are set!
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.