Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline blid  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2020 20:50:11(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Does anyone have a Rokuhan R078 Double Crossover and know how the springs and PCB works? The manual shows non-power routing with track power from just one track (all 8 springs mounted).
I would like to feed the upper half from one track and the lower half from one track also. Is this possible with the tracks on the upper half not connected to the tracks on the lower half?
blid

Edited by user 01 August 2020 14:51:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline husafreak  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2020 22:56:45(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
I believe so if I understand you. As delivered the straight through tracks are powered separately and you have to match power at the two throttles to cross over a loco from one track to the other. I have since switched to DCC ops and so had to remove all the springs to have it be live all the time from my DCC controller.
Offline husafreak  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2020 23:03:04(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Actually I can’t remember right now if the springs went in or out! But it is delivered new for DC and modified for DCC.
Offline blid  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2020 10:42:53(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Tanks for your answer. For DCC all springs are in (non-power routing) and the power goes everywhere.
I have DCC too, but I am also trying computer control. The track leading in to the upper half is one freedback section and the track after is the next. Same thing for the lower half. That is why I want to have the non-power routing per half (two A013 to the right).
The first picture shows the full non-power routing and how I guess the PCB board works.
R078 Non-power Routing.jpg
If I had a R078 I could try to figure out what each spring connects and how the PCB distributes it. Maybe the PCB can be modified.
The second picture is how I would like it.
R078 Upper-Lower.jpg
blid
PS I sent the question to Rokuhan two months ago but no answer yet. DS
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline husafreak  
#5 Posted : 28 June 2020 17:05:57(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
Ah I see your question is out of my league. Maybe try Rokuhan again, I was always able to get a response from them a year ago when I had questions about their track.
Offline blid  
#6 Posted : 28 June 2020 17:30:22(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I have just ordered one and will come back with my findings. In worst case I will insert all 8 springs and have one feeder track without feedback.
Offline blid  
#7 Posted : 30 July 2020 14:41:58(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I promised to came back with my findings but it didn't arrive here until yesterday. Anyway I think I have figured out how to rig it for my purposes. As far as I understand the two center spring on the upper half connect internally in the crossover to the lower half outer rail. I just added the 2 top most and the two bottom most springs. Thus connecting the upper left turnout with the upper right turnout as well as the bottom left with the bottom right. No connection between top and bottom tracks.
I tested it first with one feeder track. When straight the engine went back and forth but stopped in the middle when thrown. With two feeder tracks the engine went everywhere. Just as I want.

R078 Solution.jpg

I didn't think I would be able to fiddle with these minute things but I thought inside the box. I used an empty shoe box with the crossover and bag with springs and screws in it. To place a spring I used a needle and treaded it inside the spring. Then I placed the tip of the needle in the hole and let go of the spring. I didn't lift the needle until the spring had fallen into the hole.