Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BobG100  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2020 09:14:28(UTC)
BobG100

A recent post [“Trix C-track: track configuration for wye configuration“] explored how Marklin/TrIx C-track could be utilized to construct a wye featuring a straight horizontal leg and two curved sections that merged into a vertical leg perpendicular to the horizontal portion. Employing SCARM software for this purpose, my numerous simulations with available track components produced a drawing that indicated perfect wye closure and alignment. Peter Clapcott astutely questioned its veracity on the basis of a questionable curved section I used. Accordingly, I asked other Forum readers who had these and other track sections to actually assemble the desired wye. Kimball Thurlow did that; his experimentally verified configuration [shown with Trix sections] is depicted by the SCARM drawing shown below. This combination closes perfectly... without even the smallest gap or misalignment [ignore the encircled imperfection- -it’s an artifact of an apparent defect in SCARM’s computational and/or line-drawing algorithm].

correct wye configuration [6.14.20].jpg
BobG100
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by BobG100