Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Purellum  
#1 Posted : 19 May 2020 21:24:47(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

On the 12th. of March it was announced that Kiss Gmbh went into insolvency; now the company is saved BigGrin

The company Fine Models have taken over and will run Kiss.

First report I've seen, only in German; but Google can translate: http://www.bahnonline.ch...R4E3DJiYnj9jlOsMg9e-NXtA

Cool

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline mvd71  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2020 21:50:55(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Did the relieve the kiss of life? 😄
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline LA2019  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2020 17:54:55(UTC)
LA2019

United States   
Originally Posted by: mvd71 Go to Quoted Post
Did the relieve the kiss of life? 😄

This is the kiss of life I want!

Ken
USofA
Offline Unholz  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2020 21:59:39(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post

The company Fine Models have taken over and will run Kiss.

Yeah, VERY cool... CursingCrying The old Kiss company goes bankrupt or into insolvency or whatever the Germans like to call it, most or even all creditors lose their money - and worst of all, all those faithful Kiss dealers and customers who have made advance payments to ensure the production lose these payments.ThumbDown

And what do these guys do? They quickly create a new company who takes over the models ready for delivery in China or wherever and offer them to the existing customers - of course stating that they are a NEW company and how deeply sorry they are that they are in no way liable for the debts of the old company... Very very sorry, but if you want one of these "desirable" models you will have to pay the full price for it again.

Take a look at this wonderful blah-blah from the "new" Swiss Kiss company (easily translatable by Google): they actually admit (without blinking an eyelid!) that the stuff is ready to be shipped in the Far East: https://kiss-modellbahnen-schweiz.ch/

There is only one way how customers can "honor" such business practices: Don't buy the crap anymore until the guys involved learn their lesson once and for all! Cursing

Certainly no kisses from me...ThumbDown
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline ocram63_uk  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2020 14:14:06(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Agree completely with Unholz. I will never give a deposit for a model!!! Ever. I have to see it with my eyes first. Thieves!!! I don't care about their business model either. :-)
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ocram63_uk
Offline Alsterstreek  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2020 20:49:38(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Why are you so negative? For me it doesn't look like an anonymous speculator is getting rich off of innocent people.

The new owner is a MRR company named Finemodels which is registered in Germany (https://www.finemodels.de). The courteous announcement on the German Kiss-related website states at the end that all customers who have pre-ordered models will be contacted ("Alle Kunden, die Modelle vorbestellt haben, werden durch uns kontaktiert."). It doesn´t says that down payments are lost.

Kiss employees salaries are secured (https://www.schiebe.de/lieferengpaesse-wegen-corona-virus-kiss-modellbahnen-stellt-insolvenzantrag/). As I see it, the main supplier at risk is in China. And obviously business relations are not too sour if they are about to deliver. It should be noted that pre-existing problems were aggravated by COVID19-related delivery delays from China. Still, order books are full, production secured, and a new owner from the same business segment found.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Hax
Offline Unholz  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2020 21:25:51(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
This is the newest blah-blah published by the insolvency manager: https://www.schiebe.de/k...erfolgreich-uebertragen/ A true masterpiece of saying nothing substantial with many words. Huh

Perhaps it would be interesting to hear directly from a customer (either a Kiss dealer or the customer of such a dealer) whether he has been assured that his advance payment will be fully taken into account and deducted with regard to the final price of the model.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline David Dewar  
#8 Posted : 14 June 2020 13:52:47(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Maybe just me but I don't give deposits for anything. Also If I get work done in my property I pay for it when finished and not before. Clearly if I buy a model from Germany I have to pay for it before despatch but if it is in stock and I am happy with the dealer service then that is OK.

Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline river6109  
#9 Posted : 16 June 2020 10:03:10(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Maybe just me but I don't give deposits for anything. Also If I get work done in my property I pay for it when finished and not before. Clearly if I buy a model from Germany I have to pay for it before despatch but if it is in stock and I am happy with the dealer service then that is OK.

I hope one day you can extend this service to your friends on this forum, birthdays or Christmas is always a good time to share any dispatched items to an address you can trust.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109