Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Coco_1971  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2020 19:21:06(UTC)
Coco_1971

Argentina   
Hello!
I had an issue with my Marklin 6647 trafo (it's 230v, simmilar to the Marklin 6646). Unexpectely, it blowed a cable and it's not working anymore.
I managed to disasemble it, but I can't go on with the repair because I'm unable to remove the coil protection.
Someone went through the same experience (could you solve it?) Any help will be appreciated
Regards

Bobina trafo 6647.jpg

This is the low side of the coil (the connection to the primary coil). I would need to remove the coil protection (black plastic who covers the coil) in order to weld new connections.
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 08 June 2020 10:53:20(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Coco_1971 Go to Quoted Post
Hello!
I had an issue with my Marklin 6647 trafo (it's 230v, simmilar to the Marklin 6646). Unexpectely, it blowed a cable and it's not working anymore.
I managed to disasemble it, but I can't go on with the repair because I'm unable to remove the coil protection.
Someone went through the same experience (could you solve it?) Any help will be appreciated
Regards

This is the low side of the coil (the connection to the primary coil). I would need to remove the coil protection (black plastic who covers the coil) in order to weld new connections.

Hi Coco,

Transformer repairs are by their very nature dangerous and not meant to be easy. They are not made as a serviceable unit which may be part of the reason you are having difficulty.

Absolutely no offence intended but if you are unable to disassemble the unit enough to make the required repairs then possibly you should not be attempting it?

It's not just the repair itself, but WHY the repair is needed in the first place. As you said, 'unexpectedly' - there will be a reason it failed and unless that is found, it could be a dangerous unit.

My honest recommendation would be to refer it to a qualified appliance technician but I fear that the cost of any repair is likely to be close to the cost of simply replacing it.

Regards

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz