Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline applor  
#101 Posted : 14 February 2019 02:25:00(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Is there any news on this topic, in particular the conversion of the 39160 BR42.90 Franco-Crosti by Jose?

I have the other variant, 39161, with the original large C-sine and I am looking to update it with sound.

I was looking to go down the same route as Jose and install a DsM 2.0 board but with no updates we don't know if this is possible.

Otherwise I will swap the C-sine/6090 decoder into my E52 that has a DCM motor and then use the DCM motor in the 42.90 with loksound.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline joseluisvalde  
#102 Posted : 14 February 2019 11:24:38(UTC)
joseluisvalde

Spain   
Just a couple of weeks ago I received, from Erich (rail4you),the locomotive 39160 with C-sinus engine that I could not make it work with the DsM2.0.
It seems that the problem was with the engine and he had to change it (€ 90) for a similar one but with a built-in tape connection.
I have installed Loksound V 4.0 and a rectangular small Marklin speaker, working the possible space in the tender.
To program the decoder with Lokprogrammer, I had to disconnect the red wire from the DsM2.0 and re-weld it afterwards. You have to turn off the load control.
The locomotive works perfectly.
a greeting
Jose Luis
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by joseluisvalde
Offline applor  
#103 Posted : 14 February 2019 22:45:59(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Interesting since the DsM 2.0 is designed to work with the large (original) C-sine used in the 39160.

I find it hard to believe the problem is that particular model has wires rather than the tape connector. Or perhaps Erich is saying the motor is faulty? Also seems unlikely.

Sorry to hear about all your trouble converting this loco. I think it will be safer if I just do the motor swap to get sound.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline joseluisvalde  
#104 Posted : 14 February 2019 23:51:24(UTC)
joseluisvalde

Spain   
I do not understand this problem very well. The truth is that I bought the DsM2.0 and did not get any positive results.

I sent everything to Erich and apparently, after unsuccessful tests, he discovered that at least a Hall sensor was defective and had to change the C-sinus motor to a new original with flexprint connections.

This is all I can say.
Regards
Jose Luis
Offline paulsoava  
#105 Posted : 06 February 2020 18:24:38(UTC)
paulsoava

France   
Hi, everybody.

I seem to be late to the party so I guess sorry for bringing back an old thread. Also, thanks a lot for the clear information that you have contributed with.

Like some of you, I have a C sinus locomotive (Marklin 39222) that I would like to upgrade with a mSD3 decoder. Unlike some of you, my technical skills and know how are limited.

So I was puzzled when I got my decoder (which according to Marklin should work) and lost myself in the which goes where phase of the project.

A few forum searches later, you have helped me understand.

Now the question is: does anyone still have some spare DSM2.0 boards? Or is there any way of purchasing them?

Thank you,
Paul
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by paulsoava
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#106 Posted : 06 February 2020 19:01:53(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Originally Posted by: paulsoava Go to Quoted Post

Now the question is: does anyone still have some spare DSM2.0 boards? Or is there any way of purchasing them?

Hi Paul,
yes, I have some of the DsM 2.0 Boards for C-Sinus here. You can send me a PN or Email.

Moritz
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Moritz-BR365
Offline Jay  
#107 Posted : 29 May 2020 16:02:48(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Hi all
Please may I take this opportunity to pick the brain of the many knowledgeable folks on this platform.
I have the 39560 crocodile which I have not run in at least 5 years and would like to know if there is an
inherent weakness in this type of electronics (C sine)?Are problems inevitable and should I also invest in spares
before they become unavailable?
TIA
Warm regards
Jay
Offline Moritz-BR365  
#108 Posted : 29 May 2020 16:45:19(UTC)
Moritz-BR365

Germany   
Hi Jay,
the C-Sinus is a very robust motor and the driver is quite good, too.

Therefore, I don't think it is necessary to invest in spares. There is in the one side the possibility to use the DsM 2.0 or the BLDC project solution in case if any fault. And there is the possibility to convert to the conventional drive.

So, keep cool, give Your croco several times a run to check the function and be happy with this superior model.

Moritz
Offline Jay  
#109 Posted : 29 May 2020 17:08:49(UTC)
Jay

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: Moritz-BR365 Go to Quoted Post
So, keep cool, give Your croco several times a run to check the function and be happy with this superior model.

Hello Moritz,
thank you for the positive reply,good to know there are options in the event
of a problem in the future. And yes I will certainly give the locos a run,I'm using
this lockdown to catch up on what's going on in the modeling world as I do that.

Keep safe
Warm regards
Jay