Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline berlinbagdad1907  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2020 08:58:33(UTC)
berlinbagdad1907

Turkey   
Dear friends good morning , although i have a background in DC and DCC, i am an absolute rookie for marklin. I recently bought a second hand SBB 6/6 and tried to operate it with my MS2. I managed to do everything by the book, including the manuel setting to adress 80 since all dipswitches were on. Still no response from the lok. Please advise and thank you in advance.
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2020 10:25:38(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Could you please let us know what the item number is. There are a few of these around. Address 80 should get you going but as you have an MS2 you can set that address to what ever you want. You may want to take the slider off to clean it up & make sure that you have proper contact. It can oxides up in the right climate. Short of no loose wires & a play with the brush contact / service it should work.

Digital address table in this link in yellow: http://train-doctor.co.n...s/page-techo-digital.htm
D.A.Banks
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2020 12:18:31(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: berlinbagdad1907 Go to Quoted Post
Dear friends good morning , although i have a background in DC and DCC, i am an absolute rookie for marklin. I recently bought a second hand SBB 6/6 and tried to operate it with my MS2. I managed to do everything by the book, including the manuel setting to adress 80 since all dipswitches were on. Still no response from the lok. Please advise and thank you in advance.

Whoa, does this decoder have 4 or 8 switches on the decoder. All switches on would be correct for a 4 switch decoder, but not on an 8 switch decoder. Refer to the table in Daves post for the four switches to turn on for address 80.

As Dave says, we can help a lot more if we know the catalogue number of the loco or the set it came from.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline berlinbagdad1907  
#4 Posted : 17 May 2020 12:40:48(UTC)
berlinbagdad1907

Turkey   
Thank you friends for your replies.
Actually the lok is from a 28505 set, with 11432 marking on it. It has a 4 way dipswitch. All on and i adjusted it to 80.
Offline berlinbagdad1907  
#5 Posted : 17 May 2020 17:26:00(UTC)
berlinbagdad1907

Turkey   

Whoa, does this decoder have 4 or 8 switches on the decoder. All switches on would be correct for a 4 switch decoder, but not on an 8 switch decoder. Refer to the table in Daves post for the four switches to turn on for address 80.

As Dave says, we can help a lot more if we know the catalogue number of the loco or the set it came from.

Thank you friends for your replies. 
Actually the lok is from a 28505 set, with 11432 marking on it. It has a 4 way dipswitch. All on and i adjusted it to 80.
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 17 May 2020 17:44:42(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
28505 was the red "Stans" locomotive with three S-Bahn Zurich coaches. The set was Delta. I don't know if this was released in a separate digital version.

Delta locomotives have no functions, but will operate on digital layouts when the controller is set to the selected address.

Here is a test procedure to follow:

Turn all 4 dip switches to off. Place locomotive on track. Press "Go". Locomotive should start running in one direction at high speed. Press "Stop"

Set switch 1 to on. Locomotive should now respond to MM address 78. Place locomotive on track. Press "Go". Locomotive should start moving when selected.
If this does not happen, you may not have MM activated on your MS2. Check to see which options you have enabled. Switch MS2 to include MM in addition to MFX and DCC.
You can try manually adding a locomotive with address 78 and select MM for that address. MS2 will not automatically recognize a Delta lok and I am not sure if Delta locomotives are included in the database.

If this does not help, let us know and we will try to help you further.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 18 May 2020 03:56:49(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
MS2 will not automatically recognize a Delta lok and I am not sure if Delta locomotives are included in the database.

It will (should, others are) be in the data base, but it will rely on the loco being set up as it was originally, which will be as an electric loco (address 24). Then selecting 28505 in the database will select that loco.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline berlinbagdad1907  
#8 Posted : 18 May 2020 06:29:57(UTC)
berlinbagdad1907

Turkey   

It will (should, others are) be in the data base, but it will rely on the loco being set up as it was originally, which will be as an electric loco (address 24). Then selecting 28505 in the database will select that loco.

In that case shall i adjust the decoder to 24 with the dipswitch and try again, or first i need to upgrade the database?
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 18 May 2020 12:38:58(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: berlinbagdad1907 Go to Quoted Post

In that case shall i adjust the decoder to 24 with the dipswitch and try again, or first i need to upgrade the database?

You could look to see if that model is in the database, but for a decoder that is old enough to have switches on it I would be very surprised if it wasn't in the database.of the original software version of the ms2.