Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 28 April 2020 12:20:38(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
A typical me, nice but dim question.
I have taken delivery of a Viessmann 4568 point motor as it seemed to be highly recommended. I have respect for Viessmann products, and their German/English instructions are usually very straightforward to follow.
What I am trying to achieve is simple point motor/ decoder linked to a CS2 keyboard in MM and the only thing I think I need to adjust is the address number
The instructions (which are much much bigger than the item itself) seem to address just about every scenario on earth. I thought it would be simple point motor already connected to decoder with two wires ready to connect to the track! Will some one put be right in a simple set up instruction.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 28 April 2020 16:03:57(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
You need to have your CS2 started but STOP is activated. Prepare on the CS2 Keyboard tab, the switch you would like to insert, assuming it is MM (not DCC)
1- connect all wires (Yellow, Blue w. green ring, Blue w. Red ring) except brown to B (Red) output of your CS2 arranging so that later the blue wire with red ring can be disconnected
2- connect the brown to the O of your CS2
3- Push toe STOP button to have power
4- Select the switch on the CS2 keyboard you want to assign to this 4558 decoder and push both buttons (Straight, Deviating)
5- unplug the Blue with Red ring and plug it to the 0 of your CS2
Finished
I hope this works
Cheers
Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 28 April 2020 20:28:29(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Jean

Many thanks Now working fine!

What a lovely slow smooth movement
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2020 21:17:23(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
You are welcome.
I purchased 2 of the Viessmann predecessor 4554 but I had problems: they were noisy and ended up jamming / burning so I reverted to Märklin motors.

I understand the 4558 are much better, reliable, no lubrication, little noise when compared with the 4554 but with 2 minor drawbacks: the additional electronics you have to lodge somewhere and the no manual operation (which I don't use except when jamming).
Cheers
Jean
Offline vandermerwe  
#5 Posted : 13 September 2020 12:50:13(UTC)
vandermerwe

Hello
Realise this is a few months old but almost exactly what I’m looking for. I’m considering get the Biessmann 4568 but the connections and programming are still unclear to me. I don’t have a central station, I have a mobile station 2 or a 6035 control station. Is it possible to set these up without a CS?

Thanks
Offline JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 13 September 2020 15:52:08(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
Yes it is possible with a MS2. The notice calls for a cable arrangement for programming, then issuing a command from your MS2 to a switch address and last to change the wiring so the programming is stored. MM or DCC are possible
Cheers
Jean