Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ktsolias  
#1 Posted : 28 March 2020 19:32:55(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   

Göppingen, 27.03.2020

################## ENGLISH VERSION ##################

Corona Crisis - Effects on Production, Delivery Dates, Accessibility, and Miscellaneous

Unfortunately, the current exceptional situation has not left us untouched. Due to the critical situation at our Hungarian production location in Györ, our plant must be closed for four weeks.
This plant closing has an effect on the delivery and deadline situation in the coming weeks and months. Our main plant in Göppingen will also introduce short-time work starting April 1 due to the effects (lack of components and assemblies).

These are the first consequences from this situation:

• No 2nd Insider Club Model for 2020 / Extension of the Order Deadline for the 1st Club Model for 2020 (Ram TEE)

For Märklin and Trix H0 we would normally present a second club model in June. This is not possible this year. For this we can concentrate on the production of the 1st club model - the Ram TEE.

We have extended the order deadline for the Ram TEE to April 30, 2020 so that Insiders who had budgeted for a second model can adjust accordingly.
The extension also applies to the Club models in Gauge Z (Art. No. 88275) and minitrix (Art. No. 16015).
Delivery of the Ram TEE will be delayed until the fall of this year due to the current situation in our plants.

• No Summer New Items

The presentation of the summer new items originally planned for the beginning of May is being postponed until September 2020. At this time, we will publicize an appropriate package of new items.
Make use of the "acquired" time to talk to your customers in greater detail about the toy fair new items and to generate enthusiasm for them.

• Opening of the Märklineum Postponed

The opening of the Märklineum most recently planned for June is being postponed until the fall of this year. You can find current information on this at www.maerklineum.de.

Difficulties in Delivering Product

The firm GLS has informed us that there are isolated problems with delivery of product because the delivery person cannot determine if the business is accepting deliveries. In the meantime, we have received many returns that have come back in some cases unexplained. If you would like to continue to receive product from us, please post a clear notice at your business that deliveries can be made and how if necessary the recipient can be reached.

Limited Accessibility of Field and Office Staff due to Short-Time Work

Starting April 1, the ability to reach our sales organization will be greatly limited due to the introduction of short time work. The sales people out in the field will no longer be available starting on this date until further notice. We therefore ask you not to telephone or e-mail the sales representatives because we cannot guarantee that inquiries to them will reach us at the company.
The inside sales people will be available daily between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM, but there will be fewer staff members. The ability to reach them by telephone will be greatly limited however in order to allow the staff present time to answer e-mails and process orders. Telephone calls can therefore only be taken daily from 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon.
Please make use of the Dealer Order Portal for your orders and please obtain there all important information (such as backorder lists, delivery dates, etc.).
Otherwise, please make use of the e-mail address for your in-house advisor. These e-mails will be read in any event and processed as quickly as possible. Please understand that due to the total situation there may be delays in communication and deliveries of product.
Starting April 1, the MHI business office can be reached only on Wednesdays until further notice. Please keep this in mind for any inquiries.
Since our shipping is also part of the short time work provision starting April 1, there will be delays in shipping product. We hope you will understand.

Items sold out

Download overview of the items sold out

thanks 14 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline David2  
#2 Posted : 28 March 2020 22:04:36(UTC)
David2

Netherlands   
Making more and more less in Europe will effects everybody. Outscourcing for cheaper production and now we see the results.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David2
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 29 March 2020 03:06:30(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
"No summer new items ..." Ah, well, that will be some money saved I guess. Now I can have another peruse of the NI brochure and see if I can afford anything there, although the costs of an extended stay in NZ may have a say on that ... Crying Blushing

"No second 2020 Insider Model ... " well, that is more money saved, but I still won't be buying the Ram, that is going to be just too expensive. Still I guess the second Insider model becomes the first one for next year, and should be an early deliverable.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 29 March 2020 03:19:46(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks for posting this Costas, I was wondering what effect the Covid-19 pandemic was having to Marklin's production schedule.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline Marcus01  
#5 Posted : 29 March 2020 22:23:55(UTC)
Marcus01

New Zealand   
Hi Costas
The link for sold out items does not seem to be working. Do you mind reposting the link? Best, mark
Offline ktsolias  
#6 Posted : 30 March 2020 10:51:34(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Sorry din't work with paste-copy

The link is https://www.mhi-portal.e.../2020.09/ausverkauft.pdf

Kostas
Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 31 March 2020 17:42:30(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
One of the dealers I buy from has sent a newsletter which more or less repeats the above, but also suggests that there will be delays and even cancellations of some of the already announced 2020 new items that have not yet been manufactured.

As I have several new items on back-order I'll keep a close eye on announcements once the crisis is over. I don't expect to receive anything new now until September at least.

Once the lockdown here is over and the post office starts accepting non-essential deliveries I might get a couple of items on eBay to tide me over! BigGrin
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline David2  
#8 Posted : 25 April 2020 00:43:18(UTC)
David2

Netherlands   
Lets hope Marklin will survive this crisis. Because a lot of people will lose their job and will have less money and Marklin is not cheap. One good thing their is a huge secondhand market.
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 25 April 2020 20:07:30(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hornby Engine shed 24 April.

'The Covid-19 issues have had some effect on Hornby’s new product schedule, but we are now seeing improved performance each week from the factories in China, with production gradually returning towards normal.'

No delay on hornby 2020 new items delivery dates.

More read - LINK
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline danmarklinman  
#10 Posted : 25 April 2020 20:27:08(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Anyone know if Roco are affected, I imagine they are?
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline rbw993  
#11 Posted : 27 April 2020 20:12:04(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Yes Dan, they are. I ordered parts from them and they are on hold until they can resume shipping. DHL had stopped overseas shipments.

Roger
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by rbw993