Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cookee_nz  
#1 Posted : 08 April 2020 04:50:29(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
https://www.ebay.de/itm/...alde-Anlage/184225659523

This really is a nice painting, I'd be happy to have it on the wall of the den, but perhaps not at 4,500 Euros !!

MarklinShowroom.jpg

Here's part of the description, courtesy Mr Google....

"You are bidding on what is probably the best-known picture of the Märklin Calendar of 1998. It is an oil painting by the painter Gennadi Sokolov. The picture is in very good condition and is still framed in the original frame. The dimensions are 70x80 cm without frame.

About history: In 1997 Gennadi Sokolov produced a total of 12 pictures on behalf of the Märklin company for the 1998 art calendar. The original paintings were sold as part of a charity auction after the calendar appeared.

Often reprints of the calendar brushed with oil paints appear on Ebay. This picture is NOT a REPRINT, BUT THE ORIGINAL PAINTING!"

I never got the Calendar at the time, but wish I had.

A similar showroom scene also appeared in fuzzy B&W in the Historic section of the special 1984 English Edition of the Märklin Magazine

MMagazine1984-Story09.jpg
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#2 Posted : 08 April 2020 12:15:16(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
Very nice (although I must confess my favourite was "Zar und Zug" (#9 September)),

UserPostedImage

but for me, not worth the asking, and not just because that is wa-a-a-a-a-y outside my budget. If I was cynical, I might think the owner was trying to get his value back from what he "donated" to charity to secure the original. Plus the other cynic inside me wonders how to guarantee that it really is the original...? There are many cynics inside me - would that make me schizo-cynic? LOL Is there any way to find what the true value of a painting is? Oh wait - whatever someone is willing to pay for it...but in this case, it might be difficult - Christie's?
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt
There is a Prototype For Everything
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Jimmy Thompson
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 09 April 2020 05:39:42(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: Jimmy Thompson Go to Quoted Post
Very nice (although I must confess my favourite was "Zar und Zug" (#9 September)),

UserPostedImage

but for me, not worth the asking, and not just because that is wa-a-a-a-a-y outside my budget. If I was cynical, I might think the owner was trying to get his value back from what he "donated" to charity to secure the original. Plus the other cynic inside me wonders how to guarantee that it really is the original...? There are many cynics inside me - would that make me schizo-cynic? LOL Is there any way to find what the true value of a painting is? Oh wait - whatever someone is willing to pay for it...but in this case, it might be difficult - Christie's?

Why don't you take a photo of yourself and your layout, than you can be sure its an original

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by river6109
Offline Jimmy Thompson  
#4 Posted : 09 April 2020 23:12:07(UTC)
Jimmy Thompson

United States   
ThumpUp
Jimmy T
Analogue; M-track; BR 111; KLVM; Primex; Sarrasani Zirkuswelt