Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Demch  
#1 Posted : 31 March 2020 02:58:32(UTC)
Demch

United States   
MArklin magazine Folge 53 K track.pdf (6,194kb) downloaded 188 time(s).

Hello, I am curious if anyone has built the Track plan 53 from Marklin Magazine form 3/2011 using K track and for a digital layout? I am building this track and will be using a CS3 controller with signals in the visible areas. I am not new to building setups, but this is a little more complex due to the multiple layers.

This footprint is exactly right for the space I have and has many of the features I wanted. The table is built to the specs in the plans already. The frame is on wheels and moveable to provide rear access.

I would also be open to any feedback on the general track plan or any advice anyone might want to provide on this project.

I am attaching the pdf of the file

Thank you in advance for your guidance.

Dave in Ohio
Offline DaleSchultz  
#2 Posted : 31 March 2020 04:04:35(UTC)
DaleSchultz

United States   
I don't think you can simply use K-track to match a C-Track layout. Otherwise they would have said C or K.
You would have to adapt the design, perhaps that is your plan...
Dale
Intellibox + own software, K-Track
My current layout: https://cabin-layout.mixmox.com
Arrival and Departure signs: https://remotesign.mixmox.com
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 31 March 2020 05:08:42(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: DaleSchultz Go to Quoted Post
I don't think you can simply use K-track to match a C-Track layout. Otherwise they would have said C or K.
You would have to adapt the design, perhaps that is your plan...

There is a K track version further down the PDF.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline applor  
#4 Posted : 31 March 2020 06:24:27(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Sounds like you're all set!

Given the smaller size of the layout there is little room for change/improvement. If there is nothing you dislike then best to stick to Marklins plan.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline PeFu  
#5 Posted : 31 March 2020 06:47:12(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
As you already have started on the framework, I will not go in for a discussion like ”why don’t you consider an around-the-wall layout instead”, or so. I’m weak for dogbone layouts like this, as it limits the circular impression of traffic. There are a lot of hidden areas, and the table is pretty wide (150 cm), I do hope it will be easy to access all areas, but you already indicated this in your post. Also, there will be several pretty steep uphill and downhill sections. Here it is important to have smooth transition from flat areas, especially where there are turnouts involved (which always should be located on flat areas). I have only one question on the layout itself, according to the pic below: I like the parallel look of double-track. Why have they infringed this by suggesting the following solution here?

4279A5AD-D596-4ED2-A2FC-035CBFE3A80C.jpeg
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline Demch  
#6 Posted : 31 March 2020 14:02:52(UTC)
Demch

United States   
Thank you for responding, I appreciate the advice about the flatness of the turnouts and agree that it should look more symmetrical. Once I start with the flex track there I am hoping I can work on that.

Just like everyone I would have loved a much larger layout but my space is very limiting.