Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline doublereefed  
#1 Posted : 30 March 2020 06:43:22(UTC)
doublereefed

United States   
I've Googled around and I think I know the answer, but did Märklin ever release a V 80 in Spur 1?

If not, is the V 100 is a good choice for branch line freight and passenger work?
Offline Janne75  
#2 Posted : 30 March 2020 10:09:53(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: doublereefed Go to Quoted Post
I've Googled around and I think I know the answer, but did Märklin ever release a V 80 in Spur 1?

If not, is the V 100 is a good choice for branch line freight and passenger work?

Hi,

No Märklin has not done Spur 1 V 80. V 100 is a good choice also for branch line freight and passenger trains. I have two Spur 1 DB V 100’s in my Collection. In my opinion V 100 is good for everything else than express passenger trains and very heavy freight trains.

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline doublereefed  
#3 Posted : 30 March 2020 16:39:16(UTC)
doublereefed

United States   
Thank you Janne. Were V 100's capable of multiple unit MU, or doubleheading? Would this have been common practice if so?

Thanks!

-Richard
Offline Janne75  
#4 Posted : 30 March 2020 17:55:26(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thank you Janne. Were V 100's capable of multiple unit MU, or doubleheading? Would this have been common practice if so?

Thanks!

-Richard

Yes I believe so as at least newer BR 212’s (similar to V 100’s) are. See this link:

Link multiple unit BR 212’s

Märklin has also produced multiple unit H0 37726 (DB AG BR 212 and DB AG BR 213):

Link Märklin 37726

Cheers,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 31 March 2020 04:17:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

-Richard

Yes I believe so as at least newer BR 212’s (similar to V 100’s) are. See this link:

Link multiple unit BR 212’s

Another picture of a couple of EVB ones here, from the same Flickr set.
Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 31 March 2020 05:42:58(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

The V100 from Märklin is one of my favorite models, I think I have around 10................. BigGrin

It's extremely strong and silent in the drive; just make sure you buy a newer model with one center motor
driving both boogies via cardan shafts, and not the old model which can be with one or two motors Cool

Old models has serial numbers 57xx and new models have serial numbers 55xxx.

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline doublereefed  
#7 Posted : 31 March 2020 07:02:25(UTC)
doublereefed

United States   
Originally Posted by: Purellum Go to Quoted Post
Cool

The V100 from Märklin is one of my favorite models, I think I have around 10................. BigGrin

It's extremely strong and silent in the drive; just make sure you buy a newer model with one center motor
driving both boogies via cardan shafts, and not the old model which can be with one or two motors Cool

Old models has serial numbers 57xx and new models have serial numbers 55xxx.

Per.

Cool

So glad you brought this up. I want to run on battery power with an onboard RC controller with sound. (And a cool smoke unit I saw on YouTube? What!?) . So what is the most cost effective way to do that? I am very new to this... I understand that early Spur 1 was AC? So I would be looking for the least expensive V 100 to do all those conversions. And then I'll do 9 more ;)

Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 01 April 2020 01:09:51(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

I want to run on battery power with an onboard RC controller with sound. So what is the most cost effective way to do that?

I'll try to give you a better answer one of the next days; I've wasted my time on a Time Waster today......... LOL

While you're waiting, take a look at this:

https://www.marklin-user...43633-1-gauge-in-Denmark

More videos here: https://www.youtube.com/...qFbj8DOgalbB2vS3g/videos

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage