Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Uwe  
#1 Posted : 27 March 2020 01:56:47(UTC)
Uwe

United States   
The speed indicator bar on my MS1 started flashing when I run my electric locomotive which I had just retrofit with the mld3 decoder. It worked OK for several weeks after the retrofit but today the speed bar started flashing. Otherwise it runs OK. The flashing only happens with this loc - not with my other loc. Thanks for any advice.
Offline David2  
#2 Posted : 27 March 2020 02:14:04(UTC)
David2

Netherlands   
Clean the wheels of your loc, pick up shoe, track and if this doesnot work check if there is no bad connection and the connections are good. Making a extra mass connection sometimes will help also.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by David2
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 27 March 2020 09:44:43(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Uwe Go to Quoted Post
The speed indicator bar on my MS1 started flashing when I run my electric locomotive [...]
The flashing indicates lack of mfx feedback. You can ignore the flashing if everything works.

As recommended by David, you may be able to eliminate the flashing by cleaning the right spots.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kimballthurlow  
#4 Posted : 27 March 2020 21:45:39(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Uwe Go to Quoted Post
The speed indicator bar on my MS1 started flashing when I run my electric locomotive which I had just retrofit with the mld3 decoder. It worked OK for several weeks after the retrofit but today the speed bar started flashing. Otherwise it runs OK. The flashing only happens with this loc - not with my other loc. Thanks for any advice.

The speed bar on my MS1 has been doing that on most of my locos for a long time now.
Thanks for the answers David and Tom.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Uwe
Offline Uwe  
#5 Posted : 28 March 2020 02:33:30(UTC)
Uwe

United States   
Thanks very much for the advice! Really appreciated. What happened was that I did all the cleaning suggested and oiled as well, and the speed bar still flashed. I then noticed that the loc's pickup shoe was cockeyed compared to my other locs'. It wasn't seating evenly on the center stubs. It was also noisy which should have been my first clue. At any rate, I tweaked the pickup shoe and the flashing is now gone. I've got a new pickup shoe on my shopping list now.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Uwe