Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline twmarklinfan  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2020 11:55:16(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Hi all,

I am trying to install a 76496 signal on my layout and I want the distant signal to connect with a 76493.

I assigned a code of 57 to 76496 and the 76493 was already installed with a code of 59 but the 76496 won’t recognise the 76493. In fact I can’t get the distance signal lights to operate. I am I doing something wrong? I have already attached a 76480 distant signal to the 76393, would that affect the operation?

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Adrian McMahon
Sent from my iPad
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2020 00:30:59(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

I am trying to install a 76496 signal on my layout and I want the distant signal to connect with a 76493.

I assigned a code of 57 to 76496 and the 76493 was already installed with a code of 59 but the 76496 won’t recognise the 76493. In fact I can’t get the distance signal lights to operate. I am I doing something wrong? I have already attached a 76480 distant signal to the 76393, would that affect the operation?

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Adrian McMahon
Sent from my iPad

Are you able to understand German? Maerklin published some articles about their new signals and as they are installed, etc.. See here at their (only in German available) website

https://www.maerklin.de/de/lp/2017/signale/

Beside the video and the brochure about the new digital signals (which you are using) are six articles about everything to know for the new signals.

In addition I found this Maerklin video (again only in German) "Weichen und Signale aufbauen und schalten" (Setting and switching turnouts and signals).

This video is related in connection with the CS 3.

Ah, are the signals functioning as stand alone, without in combination with each other?

Do I understand you correctly, you are asking only for the combination of the distance signal at the main signal in combination with the home signal? If yes so I think in article #4 of the series (MM 2017-04 page 64 heading "Der Umgang mit Vorsignalen" = Dealing with distant signals) should be of special interest for you. OK you are installing a very sophisticated signal constellation, which I never have done before. But these sources may help you.

The major point seems to be, how many digital addresses your Color Light Home Signal with a Color Light Distant Signal has or needs (I did not study the manual - sorry). These are depending on the possibilities and need of digital addresses for your main signal. Then for the distant signal is always the main signal addresse needed plus 1. So perhaps you try it with an address one step further, not 59 but 60. And you must test, if your main signal 76493 (or is it indeed the total other signal 76393?) is not accepting 2 distance signals.

As per Maerklin's database the 76493 only accepts as adequate distant signals art #76480 and #76481 or the ones attached at the signals art #76495 and #76496.

Huh I hope you understand my mixed explanations, but I am not sure understanding your signal construction with much different signals correctly.
Offline twmarklinfan  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2020 18:31:38(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: twmarklinfan Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Adrian McMahon
Sent from my iPad

Are you able to understand German? Maerklin published some articles about their new signals and as they are installed, etc.. See here at their (only in German available) website

https://www.maerklin.de/de/lp/2017/signale/

Beside the video and the brochure about the new digital signals (which you are using) are six articles about everything to know for the new signals.

In addition I found this Maerklin video (again only in German) "Weichen und Signale aufbauen und schalten" (Setting and switching turnouts and signals).

This video is related in connection with the CS 3.

P

Ah, are the signals functioning as stand alone, without in combination with each other?

Do I understand you correctly, you are asking only for the combination of the distance signal at the main signal in combination with the home signal? If yes so I think in article #4 of the series (MM 2017-04 page 64 heading "Der Umgang mit Vorsignalen" = Dealing with distant signals) should be of special interest for you. OK you are installing a very sophisticated signal constellation, which I never have done before. But these sources may help you.

The major point seems to be, how many digital addresses your Color Light Home Signal with a Color Light Distant Signal has or needs (I did not study the manual - sorry). These are depending on the possibilities and need of digital addresses for your main signal. Then for the distant signal is always the main signal addresse needed plus 1. So perhaps you try it with an address one step further, not 59 but 60. And you must test, if your main signal 76493 (or is it indeed the total other signal 76393?) is not accepting 2 distance signals.

As per Maerklin's database the 76493 only accepts as adequate distant signals art #76480 and #76481 or the ones attached at the signals art #76495 and #76496.

Huh I hope you understand my mixed explanations, but I am not sure understanding your signal construction with much different signals correctly.

Thank you very much. I went up stairs to look out my Marklin magazines to read the article. I turned the layout on, the signals were still connected, and guess what - it works!
Hmm
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by twmarklinfan