Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Twinrover1965  
#1 Posted : 01 March 2020 17:43:40(UTC)
Twinrover1965

United Kingdom   
Hi all

Could somebody please advise me regarding the wiring in analogue I need to do in order to isolate two passing loops in both Marklin C and Trix C? Yes, I operate both. I am a loyal devotee of analogue for reasons of expense and a desire for simplicity although when the technology has moved on a lot more and become less expensive I might consider a change to digital.

Firstly, I understand that both brands of points are electrofrog [= live whichever direction frog is set] unlike Kato's and Fleischmann's points that can be adjusted for Insulated frog running.

I am also aware that I need a switching device for section control which in my case is two green Fleischmann 6923 on off switches I have spare and a quantity of those red plastic isolators Marklin 73040.

What else do I need and where and how do I apply the wiring to the track? Is it attaching those spade things to the underside end of the track or does it involve use of a soldering iron God forbid! Any guidance would be really appreciated with this as Marklin doesn't seem to produce any manual re-these aspects.

Finally, any ideas for analogue signals that could operate with both systems?

Many thx.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 01 March 2020 22:45:45(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi,
On the Märklin C track, isolate the centre B connection at each end of the loop, where the ordinary track joins the back (heel) of the point.
ON the Trix C track, isolate each rail behind the frog on both points where the ordinary track joins the back (heel) of the point.

Connect a wire (with the spade at each end) from in front (the toe) of the paint to the now isolated section.
In the case of Märklin, from centre B to centre B.
In the case of Trix, from rail to rail.
In my experience no soldering is required with these spades so long as they are tight.

You will now realise that some planning is necessary, as in cutting/running each installed wire to insert the switch.

The classic 7039/7040 etc signals and the appropriate switch box 72710/72720 are easily available.
So as an alternative to an ordinary switch, you can control the isolation of the loop by means of the signal.
This does not discriminate on the running direction of your train.
https://www.marklin-user...39-signal-connection.pdf

With acknowledgment to Märklin Handbook Start in Märklin HO.
UserPostedImage

Kimball

Edited by user 02 March 2020 04:17:23(UTC)  | Reason: Added the diagram

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow