Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 1borna  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2020 21:12:17(UTC)
1borna

Croatia   
UserPostedImage
Within the Technical Museum in Berlin is a company of modelers who have been making a loyal model for years Anhalter train station as of 1939
Link
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
The model is located in the former lodge of that station and covers some 2.5 km of the station, which is in scale 1:87 it is almost 30 meters long!
UserPostedImage
All the buildings are strictly designed according to the right designs and numerous environmental details
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
There is also a layout in one of these sheds (real)
UserPostedImage

thanks 13 users liked this useful post by 1borna
Offline IanC  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2020 12:26:24(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Years of hard and dedicated work must have gone into that since I last saw it when it bas basically a track diagram. Whenever I stay in Berlin I use hotels and the sadly lamented Café Stresemann near what remains of the Anhalter Bahnhof but it's only an S Bahn station and doesn't resemble the model in any way at all.

IanC
Offline kimballthurlow  
#3 Posted : 29 February 2020 09:57:43(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Thanks for showing this marvellous exhibit.

As a related subject, I have seen two brilliant models of old railway stations.

The first is Gare D'Orsay, which fortunately still stands today as the house of Musée D'Orsay where you will see originals of Monet et al.
Musée D'Orsay own a 1:87 scale model of the station as it was prior to 1911, when it was refurbished as a museum.

Secondly there is an O gauge model of Gare de l'Est in a model museum in Rambouillet about 1 hour south west of Paris.
The model has interior and part of the exterior.
The museum is called Rambolitrain.

Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline PJMärklin  
#4 Posted : 29 February 2020 11:20:17(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
...As a related subject, I have seen two brilliant models of old railway stations.
The first is Gare D'Orsay, which fortunately still stands today as the house of Musée D'Orsay where you will see originals of Monet et al.
Musée D'Orsay own a 1:87 scale model of the station as it was prior to 1911, when it was refurbished as a museum ...
Kimball

Hi Kimball,

Thank you for your most interesting post about the Gare D'Orsay model.

We just love the Musée D'Orsay. We try to go there each time we go to Paris.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

I did not know they had a 1:87 scale model of the station of old. I have been there several times but have never seen it - where is it kept?

I am not an "art wanker", I just love the setting of the old railway station on the Seine and the lovely architecture - looking at the building from across the Seine one can almost see the Steam Locomotives passing along the riverside tracks to the station in the heart of Paris!

In the Musée I particularly like the collection of impressionists amongst others they have there - I think it well rivals the impressionist collections of the Louvre and the Hermitage (again, I am not an art poser, there are just some things I particularly enjoy). Some of my favourites there :

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Thank you so much for the information, I would like to seek out the model when next we visit.

UserPostedImage

Regards,

Philip
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PJMärklin