Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2020 20:19:24(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello Everybody,

I have a short question that maybe has been aswered before, so foregive me ...

I have the Mobile Station 60653 (Light Grey). I had it updated at my local dealer with the software ver. 3.3.5

Now I have the possibility to store 40 locomotives (instead of 10) which is great ... (not that I have 40 locos ... but someone has to keep hoping ...), but I don't have any extra functions.

Is that normal? Is 60653 a very old Mobile Station version that can not support the 3.3.5. software update in all it's capabilities?

Thank you in advanse for your feedback.

Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2020 23:37:06(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: ParisTsirchoglou Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everybody,

I have a short question that maybe has been aswered before, so foregive me ...

I have the Mobile Station 60653 (Light Grey). I had it updated at my local dealer with the software ver. 3.3.5

Now I have the possibility to store 40 locomotives (instead of 10) which is great ... (not that I have 40 locos ... but someone has to keep hoping ...), but I don't have any extra functions.

Is that normal? Is 60653 a very old Mobile Station version that can not support the 3.3.5. software update in all it's capabilities?

Thank you in advanse for your feedback.

Regards

Paris

Did you update your track box already too? New software version is 1.41 for the track box. Did you download the new manual for the MS 2 since software version 3.55? Inside the new manual you find all new features. The main point for a MS 2 ver 3.55 is the use up to 32 functions of the locos. 40 locos could already be memorized before, only 10 were active. The hardware has nothing to do with the software. The grey MS 2 is technically identical with the black one in the hardware. Only the software changes.

https://www.marklin-user...-update-to-version-3-112

Yes, there was a further update and the new software version is 3.112 now.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Purellum  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2020 00:08:36(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

but I don't have any extra functions.

Your locos only have the functions they had already; meaning that you don't get any extra functions in a given loco by upgrading your MS.

If you mean you can't find the functions on the updated MS, you need to read this manual; you have to press a combination of keys to get access to the additional functions:

https://static.maerklin....f3c36e4fb91557845024.pdf

Per.

Cool
If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2020 14:35:33(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
TEEWolf, Per, thank you both for your feedback.

I haven't done anything with my track box. Is this updated too?? If yes ... well I will take it to my local dealer to do what is appropriate.

I did not know about the manual also ... so, thank you for the link.

Most of my locos have more than 16 funktions (re:Challenger, A241). it will be nice to have the pleasur to hear those functions without the need of a Central Station (that I don't own at the time being).

Thank you

Regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
Offline Copenhagen  
#5 Posted : 13 February 2020 19:31:48(UTC)
Copenhagen

(Deleted because of partly incorrect content).

Edited by user 13 February 2020 22:52:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Copenhagen
Offline Minok  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2020 20:15:05(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The track box is the box that comes with the MS2 controller, the box that the MS2 plugs into, and that then has the wires going TO the track, that is the Track Box.
It also has firmware on it, and that firmware ALSO needs to be updated. The way that happens is via the MS2 itself, as when it was upgraded before via a CS, the MS2 firmware was upgraded, AND it would have also been given updated track box software. So plug the MS2 into the box, and have it all powered on. There should be a menu option for updating the track box, or it should be automatically offered... I don't know the exact mechanism as I had my dealer also update my Track Box when they did the MS2 as I took both in.

Capture.PNG
Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline TEEWolf  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2020 20:28:10(UTC)
TEEWolf

TEEWolf, Per, thank you both for your feedback.

I haven't done anything with my track box. Is this updated too?? If yes ... well I will take it to my local dealer to do what is appropriate.

I did not know about the manual also ... so, thank you for the link.

Most of my locos have more than 16 funktions (re:Challenger, A241). it will be nice to have the pleasur to hear those functions without the need of a Central Station (that I don't own at the time being).

Thank you

Regards

Paris

If you have a local dealer with a CS, go and get the new update for your MS 2 too. Be sure that the dealer has the latest update on his CS, otherwise you will not get the latest software version. Afterwards it shall have software version 3.112. Then update the track box. Its actual software version is 1.47 now. The track box is very easy updated with a MS 2. Just press "shift+button with the turnout". You see "MS 2 information". Scroll down to the menu point update track box or rail box. Follow the text on the MS 2.

Only if you have an updated track box, you will get access to the 32 functions. Because the track format signal is created in the track box, not in the MS 2. How to use these functions look inside the manual (the link was provided by @Purellum in post #3). The usage of the shifting button has a bit to be trained. For a usage of the 32 functions you do not need a CS, if you have the newest update on your MS 2. I have both (CS 3+ and MS 2) digital devices and tested it by myself.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline Purellum  
#8 Posted : 13 February 2020 21:54:27(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
Cool

Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The track box is the box that comes with the MS2 controller, the box that the MS2 plugs into, and that then has the wires going TO the track, that is the Track Box.

It was easier when we only had the MS1; back then we all knew what "the ugly-box" meant LOL Laugh LOL

Per.

Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Purellum
Offline TEEWolf  
#9 Posted : 14 February 2020 00:01:08(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Copenhagen Go to Quoted Post
(Deleted because of partly incorrect content).

Although you deleted your post a few words. The MS 2 (only for Maerklin: art. #60653 (grey) #60657 (black) technically identical) is a controller you use together either with a CS or with a "Digital Connector Box" (art #60113 - grey / #60116 - black) briefly named also as track box or rail box. The track box is only usable together with a MS 2. For a connection to a digital layout you are only allowed either to use a track box or a CS, but never together.

More and more I use my MS 2 connected to my CS 3+. At a CS 3 a MS 2 is always and unchangeable the slave. The master is always the CS. I use the MS 2 to controll the functions in my wagons with an mfx decoder inside. This separation helps me to control loco and cars of a train in an easier way.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#10 Posted : 14 February 2020 16:00:06(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Thank you very much Friends

Your feedback is valuable!!!

Best Regards

Paris
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#11 Posted : 16 February 2020 22:30:20(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
The MS 2 (only for Maerklin: art. #60653 (grey) #60657 (black) technically identical) is a controller you use together either with a CS or with a "Digital Connector Box" (art #60113 - grey / #60116 - black) briefly named also as track box or rail box. The track box is only usable together with a MS 2. For a connection to a digital layout you are only allowed either to use a track box or a CS, but never together.

This is true within the scope of Märklin architecture. If one steps outside of it, it turns out that the track box is quite capable just by itself. I use it along with CAN Digital Bahn components to connect my tracks with Rocrail. MS 2 is not necessary in this setup, but can be included if one so desires. I use MS 2 for testing and trouble-shooting as a secondary interface complementing Rocrail. (Sorry, this post stepped a bit off-topic.)
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Martti Mäntylä
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#12 Posted : 16 February 2020 23:43:22(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Friends, following your instructions and your feedback I solved my little problem. I updated my track box (I didn't even now that track boxes need updating) and now I enjoy up to 32 functions on my MS2.

Thanks a lot!!!

Regards

Paris
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ParisTsirchoglou